PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want BB to be our head coach on opening day 2024?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Bill Belichick to still be our head coach on opening day 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes but only with a different GM

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
Yes

I want Bill back as the head coach.

Find a way to rework the front office/scouting. Focus on adding scouting talent to the draft selection process.

and fire the guy who suggested hiring JJSS over Jakobi Meyers.

Yes

I want Bill back as the head coach.

Find a way to rework the front office/scouting. Focus on adding scouting talent to the draft selection process.

and fire the guy who suggested hiring JJSS over Jakobi Meyers.
What if it's the HC/GM?

What if it's the HC/GM?
Pretty sure BB identifies as He/Him not as an it.

Might as well hit the dislike button right now arch, because you won't like what I am going to say.

200.gif

I for one would not be worried about facing a Belichick coached team. If I want the guy gone from NE because I think he's doing a bad job, why would have issue with him going to a team NE plays every year? As for McDermott, I don't want him either. Give me one of the Johnson boys, Brian or Ben. I wouldn't really care how BB in Buffalo works out honestly.
that’s why I think this is a good question, there’s a lot to unpack.

you want him gone from NE because he’s doing a bad job. That may be because he’s a bad coach. You may think he’s a bad coach; I don’t. He could be doing a bad job because of the situation in NE, and do a better job in a different situation, just as he did at a different time in NE.

Personally I think if it happened he would go into Buffalo and get better results out of their roster than McDermott has. I also think that if Bill leave NE whoever comes in after him will not do much better in their first year or two.

Remember, whoever Kraft signs to replace Bill will be his choice, and may not be who you’d want. That’s part of the dice roll in saying Belichick should be replaced. You’re choosing the devil you don’t know regardless of who it is.

and you say you wouldn’t care how Bill does in Buffalo, but will that still be true if he’s there winning while the Pats are still mired in mediocrity? I’m betting that would really chap your cheeks no matter what you say now.

Can we change the uniforms too?

And how did the NFL approve the Texans uniforms back in 2002? They look almost identical to the Pats.

So only a little more than a third of the posters here want Belichick gone? I would've guessed it was 99% reading posts here for the last few months.

If Danny O is correct and Bill has a place already to go to, then Kraft help broker the deal and it will be some kind of trade so Giants make the most sense.
I don’t see it being to a rival.

If Danny O is correct and Bill has a place already to go to, then Kraft help broker the deal and it will be some kind of trade so Giants make the most sense.
I don’t see it being to a rival.
expand on this please... who's Danny O?

I'll take a hybrid of the 1994 and 1995-1999 uniforms. Those royal blue jerseys popped.
2008/9 is my favorite combo.. more refined than the early 2000's uniforms... just good looking duds

but if its pop you want, those 1998 Play Off All-Whites were stunning, as you pointed out awhile ago... just shrink the shoulder elvii a bit and you got something to work with...

and that reminds me, i think we've worn all of this years uniform iterations, got to update that thread

We saw BB the coach on full display last year in the Bears game.

There was no need to wreck both his QBs like that.

Just let Zappe start with a full week of practice and then give the start to Mac, Sunday against the Jets

Coach, sure.

With GM powers? Hell no.

I think Belichick could maybe turn it around as a coach. But he can't keep picking players. An article I read recently on ESPN (don't worry, I disinfected my computer afterwards) showed that BB's bad picks in the first three rounds go back eight years (or thereabouts). Not a single accolade among them.

And to continue on as coach, he has to agree to a total revamp of his coaching staff and get him to acknowledge how safe his coaching choices have been.

But at his age, and with his temperament, I don't see him giving up GM powers and I don't see him changing his mentality regarding his coaching staff.

So while I'd be okay giving him a chance to coach again, the conditions that would need to be met....wouldn't be met.

Can we get the type of GM we are looking for if BB stays the head coach? I think we’re all in agreeance we need a total makeover at least offensively and that likely requires a change in our total approach to evaluating talent and players that we’ve always wanted to fit our ‘system’. It just seems hard to do if hes the HC and undoubtedly will want to have at least some input.

So only a little more than a third of the posters here want Belichick gone? I would've guessed it was 99% reading posts here for the last few months.
It’s early.

Head Coach: Yes if he gives up selecting players and the GM title is officially assigned to someone. Also if he actually assigns a Defensive Coordinator to someone, hopefully Mayo.

Which brings up a question. If Bill agrees to giving up the GM role does he take a cut in pay? Doesn’t he make the money he does because he’s paid the head coach and GM salaries?

The sad thing is I have no idea how well the scouting department does it’s job because of the rumors of being overwritten by BB on certain picks. BB is gonna BB but wtf picks like tavon wilson seem to be getting more and more suspected nowadays. Not a bad player, but part of being a great drafter is also being informed enough to know the players value in the draft. That’s just a shrug pick if he goes 3 rounds later. It’s a huge mistake if you waste valuable draft capital 5 or 6 rounds to soon.

No idea if that is true or not but who is at fault there? Either the scouts f’d up or BB did.

Got this poll idea from the Bills forum where 87% say no they don't want McDermott to be their coach next year. :oops:

Assuming for the poll's sake that BB will agree to give up the GM role.
Maybe we should swap even up.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back