Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team will The Forehead be playing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no...just making an observation based on what I read HERE...probably making a huge mistake, eh D.I.?

The last thing their 2nd year #1 pick QBs needs for his development is a Tebow sideshow.

I'd see the point were I to have any faith in Gabbart. I don't.
The JAX franchise is in peril. Why not please the Colliseum spectators and sell fix? Worst that happens is that Tebow busts and you end up back where you are now, likely headed to another city.

I'm going the same division, but I'm going with Arizona. He's going to want to play with Larry Fitzgerald.

I'd thought Miami but I'm now leaning to AZ as you state. Miami owner and org situation may be too volatile for Manning's taste. Phoenix, like Denver has that smaller city culture I think Peyton likes unlike showboat Miami.

i love the fact that this is supposedly resolved early in the week.

Think BountyGate will become front page again once Manning is settled? I don't.

Think BountyGate will become front page again once Manning is settled? I don't.

yeah..the 800 pound Goodelephant in the room...funny how the Manning saga immediately arose in the wake of the worst scandal in NFL history....just when IS the Omissioner going to issue ANY kind of ruling?? ....the June dead period???

I too believe the Head will end up in Zona, so let it be written so let it be done.

so...Miami is definitely out, huh?

strange...I could swear the Dolphins were on the radar screen because of numerous factors but I guess Arizona is closer to Dad in New Orleans... who cares about Peyton's home in South Florida?...and of course there's the tremendous media upside in Arizona over a weak sister, non-competitive division like the AFC East...what a media bonanza...4 guaranteed barn burning "must see!!!" contests a season versus St Louis and Seattle, as opposed to drab matchups with Brady and Wrecks....

Miami was on the radar screen because they put themselves on it via years of incompetence, just what any athlete with half a brain craves.... Fact is they don't have a lot of what Manning would be looking for. And he doesn't have a home in South Florida, he has a vacation condo in South Beach...over an hour from whatever Ross is calling that worn out excuse for a half empty stadium patsfans flock to once a year these days.

Manning puts places on the map, not visa versa. Indianapolis??? He actually enjoys living in the boonies in season where his wife and kids aren't hunted by paparazzi. And the AFCE isn't exactly ultra competitive these days although the phins managed a playoff one and done berth in our absence and the JETS caught lightening in a bottle a couple of times. Basically it is the home of a HC and QB tandem who has a stranglehold on it. A team from the NFCW went to the NFC Championship game this season and if they had a viable QB they might have won... A team from the AFCW went to the division round and if they had a copetent QB we might not have gone to another SB. AZ went to a SB the last time they had one. Manning knows he has 3-4 years left at best. He wants the path to least resistance since it will do the least damage to his legacy. He's not looking for a challenge, he's looking for an opportunity. This isn't rocket science.

Miami likely remains what it always was, his fallback by default (theirs). But it seems he has enough other interest to avoid the default choice.

Oh, and for those of you donning your tin foil hats, the timing also makes perfect sense and not in relation to any Goodell ploy to divert attention away from Bountygate, although he's not about to complain since job 1 for him is marketing the league and Manning interest before FA even opens is effectively stoking that.

Oh, and for those of you donning your tin foil hats, the timing also makes perfect sense and not in relation to any Goodell ploy to divert attention away from Bountygate, although he's not about to complain since job 1 for him is marketing the league and Manning interest before FA even opens is effectively stoking that.

Adjusting my hat and turning down the amperage, I don't see Goody as diverting anything here. Manning's agenda is Manning's and it's a great media story. What I do see is a media with short attention span not reviving the Bounty story to its prior heights. Old news now. And NO is not a favorite media whipping boy, so there's no motivation or media agenda such as there was with coverage of another team scandal 5 years ago.

I do believe that Goody wants to constrain the spread of Bounty offenses for the good of the league and if doing so lets league fav Jeff Fisher escape unscathed that's all for the better.

/thread hijack

Getting back on topic, 89 year old Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams must have just woken up from his nap to the news that Peyton Manning is available, so now he wants in... Maybe Tennessee is the team Manning had hoped to hear from, but I doubt it.

I'd see the point were I to have any faith in Gabbart. I don't.
The JAX franchise is in peril. Why not please the Colliseum spectators and sell fix? Worst that happens is that Tebow busts and you end up back where you are now, likely headed to another city.

They have faith in him, though, they drafted him #9 a year ago and he barely got an offseason.
He's got a year under his belt, and a lot of decent QBs had worse or non-existent first years.
They certainly arent going to give up on him for a QB who can't throw.

They have faith in him, though, they drafted him #9 a year ago and he barely got an offseason.
He's got a year under his belt, and a lot of decent QBs had worse or non-existent first years.
They certainly arent going to give up on him for a QB who can't throw.

I agree with you, but some owners may care more about puttings butts in the seats (which Tebow would do in Jax) then developing a young QB who has more upside then Tebow.

so...not only do you infer that I'm an idiot for thinking Manning can sign in Miami...you go on to infer that I derailed the thread from the topic...which is "Where will the Forehead go"...looks like a personal attack to me...why, I have no clue..I don't know you...I certainly have never done anything to you or printed anything about you preemptively. Perhaps you should put me on your ignore list and save yourself the keystrokes and me the time it takes to respond to yet another one of your attacks.

Last edited:
I agree with you, but some owners may care more about puttings butts in the seats (which Tebow would do in Jax) then developing a young QB who has more upside then Tebow.

True but he has never operated that way to date.

The Denver story , in light of Khan's comments, makes a lot of sense....Jax brings in Tebow...plays him in tandem with Gabbard...or gives Gabbard a short rope and if he falls flat, usurps his spot?...or make Gabbard part of a bigger deal to give Denver a young QB to learn behind Peyton? Is anything out of the realm of possibility here?

This has been the BEST post SB desert time I can remember.
Thanks to Peyton & as always, the JESTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes