Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team will The Forehead be playing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Sanchez has figured out yet where he stands with the JETS braintrust?? Think his teamates have? The post Manning chase spin will be something.

98.5 is talking about Manning going to Denver and how that would require that the Broncos move Tebow, so, just to send a shiver of panic to some haters here.....

Manning to Denver

Tebow to New England

:eek:

Last edited:
I can't believe 10 people think he'd actually end up at NE... what are we thinking, Brady is too old, or not healed up right? I'm pretty sure neither of those problems could be solved here...

I'm also a little tickled by how we're now following this story, as if he's a sure thing to be 100% back and the Peyton of old the first snap of next season. I believe he's 38 now. You guys see the problem here? Call me crazy but I think he's peaked, and he's not coming all the way back... at least not to 2006 form. Think about this people: he's got unique skills and that includes the construct-the-play-at-the-line routine.

It may not translate, he may not be back to 2010 standards, and he won't be back to Peyton-at-Prime levels. People are bidding up the price on hope. Most people can't resist rolling those dice... one franchise can, the franchise that already has a better QB than Manning.

BTW... you're 39 at season start (I think) and you're "not right" this season? Um, how many seasons will it be before you're "right"? You're looking at a bet where the probability of returns is low at the beginning, very low in the "out years," and realistically a 2-year proposition with 1 of them very likely being a bust. How is this a good deal for anybody?

I'm saying Washington, b/c Dan Snyder is very good at making high-value mistakes.

PFnV

Think Sanchez has figured out yet where he stands with the JETS braintrust?? Think his teamates have? The post Manning chase spin will be something.

The cool part is they equivocate at least another year or two on "The Sanchize" and then it's "his team" b/c the hataz on the Jets have to leave to give him half a chance... then they rebuild around him... then he's in mid-career before they figure out that yeah, he really is a dud.

I can't believe 10 people think he'd actually end up at NE... what are we thinking, Brady is too old, or not healed up right? I'm pretty sure neither of those problems could be solved here...

I'm also a little tickled by how we're now following this story, as if he's a sure thing to be 100% back and the Peyton of old the first snap of next season. I believe he's 38 now. You guys see the problem here? Call me crazy but I think he's peaked, and he's not coming all the way back... at least not to 2006 form. Think about this people: he's got unique skills and that includes the construct-the-play-at-the-line routine.

It may not translate, he may not be back to 2010 standards, and he won't be back to Peyton-at-Prime levels. People are bidding up the price on hope. Most people can't resist rolling those dice... one franchise can, the franchise that already has a better QB than Manning.

BTW... you're 39 at season start (I think) and you're "not right" this season? Um, how many seasons will it be before you're "right"? You're looking at a bet where the probability of returns is low at the beginning, very low in the "out years," and realistically a 2-year proposition with 1 of them very likely being a bust. How is this a good deal for anybody?

I'm saying Washington, b/c Dan Snyder is very good at making high-value mistakes.

PFnV

He's 35 now, and turning 36 in a few weeks, not 39.

However the point still stands. While Manning probably has the potential to be an above average QB, he's on the wrong side of 35, hasn't thrown in an NFL in over a year, and has a serious neck issue.

I feel like this has the potential to blow up in someone's face.

Last edited:
Can't possibly see Manning in the AFC East. Having to fight the Pats and the Jokes just to get to the playoffs, and while the Bills stink they always play tough, not worth it.

He should want the easiest path to the SB, and that is in the west, either AFC or NFC.

I'd take Tebow as a backup qb/ slash type player on the Pats, just not on his current contract. We could make him an outside receiver for all I care. He could learn qb with Mallet and Brady, and when Brady chooses to retire you would have a qb competition between Mallet who has all the skills and Tebow who has all the intangibles.

Yeah it's reported that Manning wants to make his choice by Tuesday before FA.

He will visit the Denver Tebows then fly to Arizona then fly back to Miami to meet with Dolphins. So Miami will make the final impression...good thing or doesn't matter?

Denver will set the money bar...I assume Miami will offer more money...but they will have to do something else to impress him.

I bet Ross and Ireland screw it up. I'm happy the Jets are not (currently, still time) involved.

Last edited:
98.5 is talking about Manning going to Denver and how that would require that the Broncos move Tebow, so, just to send a shiver of panic to some haters here.....

Manning to Denver

Tebow to New England

I don't think the Patriots will carry 2 fullbacks.

FWIW: The Pats do play Denver next year.

Mortensen on Twitter:

Manning's trip not a negotiation; does not reflect Broncos as 1st choice, per sources. It's Manning research. Other trips planned.

Even though #Texans have not jumped in and reportedly won't, they likely would be the heavy favorite if they expressed interest

Manning to Denver

Tebow to New England

Heh

Were Denvah to land The Forehead, Elway should rid himself of this meddlesome priest by trading Tebs to JAX who would sell seats de were the homeboy here to return. Elway would love to see Tebow out of town. And he could pitch to Lurch that the extra pick from JAX can be used to build up the offense further.

I think it would take for the Skins to get involved for one of the teams other than Denver who already have a real starter to be in the mix. It would be tricky for teams like the texans or Sainst because they would have to have the deal for Manning and the deal for their starter to go elsewhere both in place, and although it could be achieved with the Skins trading the #6 to houston or #6 plus to the Saints it would be pretty tricky to pull off. Ultimately I don't think Manning wants to be in that drama and will sign with the fish once he has the market determined.

Manning should decide his final 3 teams then schedule a primetime show on espn to announce where he is taking his talents.. the ratings for that show would be through the roof! :D

I don't think the Patriots will carry 2 fullbacks.

Come to think of it, I don't even think they'll carry one FB.

That ship may have sailed, with the experiment going away with it too.

I could be wrong, but this particular offense just doesn't seem like the best fit for a pure FB, even though we all called for it for years.

The Broncos appeal to Manning because he will gas defenses in the thin air.

Built-in advantage.

He can go 8-0 up there each and every year.

Also appeal to Manning because Elway is running the show and Fox is a defensice minded HC who will let him run the offense. SD is his Miami, but he's gotten over the hump on that one as Brady did. Probably worst case scenario they split home and away.

Schefter tweeted a while ago he's hearing Miami isn't the frontrunner they long assumed they'd be for the same reason they weren't even in the running for target HC's the last two years. And while Manning has a vacation condo over an hour away in So. Beach, that's all he has, it's not a home. He much prefers small market atmosphere's.

Heh

Were Denvah to land The Forehead, Elway should rid himself of this meddlesome priest by trading Tebs to JAX who would sell seats de were the homeboy here to return. Elway would love to see Tebow out of town. And he could pitch to Lurch that the extra pick from JAX can be used to build up the offense further.

Yeah, Tebow to Jacksonville would be a win-win for all three parties involved. They really should have done it last year before the season began though. Now that the Broncos won some games with him at QB and were more successful than they were expected be when last season began, he's become a fan favorite. Manning is about the only replacement that would not turn trading Tebow into a PR disaster.

I do have to laugh at the Tebow to New England rumors being circulated. They all started due to a report by a Denver writer who speculated that the Pats would want to acquire him because they were 'interested' in him before he was drafted. That was about as big a draft smokescreen as there has ever been, yet now all the rest of the media is re-reporting it as an undeniable fact that shouldn't possibly be questioned rather than a poorly formed opinion.

The Broncos appeal to Manning because he will gas defenses in the thin air.

Built-in advantage.

He can go 8-0 up there each and every year.

Manning isn't crazy about playing in cold weather and snowy as well - Manning loves domes and warmer climates,thus Miami and Arizona are better fits...even Seattle is an attractive scenerio

I think its just a stunt by Denver to get Tebow motivated in learning to be a better QB . . . The Broncos are not dumping Tebowmania so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back