PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want BB to be our head coach on opening day 2024?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Bill Belichick to still be our head coach on opening day 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes but only with a different GM

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
that’s why I think this is a good question, there’s a lot to unpack.

you want him gone from NE because he’s doing a bad job. That may be because he’s a bad coach. You may think he’s a bad coach; I don’t. He could be doing a bad job because of the situation in NE, and do a better job in a different situation, just as he did at a different time in NE.

Personally I think if it happened he would go into Buffalo and get better results out of their roster than McDermott has. I also think that if Bill leave NE whoever comes in after him will not do much better in their first year or two.

Remember, whoever Kraft signs to replace Bill will be his choice, and may not be who you’d want. That’s part of the dice roll in saying Belichick should be replaced. You’re choosing the devil you don’t know regardless of who it is.

and you say you wouldn’t care how Bill does in Buffalo, but will that still be true if he’s there winning while the Pats are still mired in mediocrity? I’m betting that would really chap your cheeks no matter what you say now.
I feel like Belichick is an all time great coach. For years we watched as he innovated. He and NE were successful in no small part because they were meticulous about everything. That was then. Now? NE is the team that is little more than a speed bump on the road to the postseason. NE is the team that has to overpay free agents because nobody really wants to come here. NE is the team with a coach and GM that used to be the best, but the game has passed them by. There's no shame in losing your edge as you age. It happens to everyone. The shame comes in when you are too stubborn to recognize that you are no longer top dog and you hang on too long and embarrass yourself.

And no, it truly would not bother me to see BB have success elsewhere. It didn't bother me to see Brady win in Tampa. I cheer for the team. If you're not a part of it, whatever. I don't care.

Yes.

He's had a couple bad years but I don't think the guy with 8 rings suddenly forgot how to do the job. It's only been 1.5 seasons since they were in the playoffs. Mac is probably a bad sunk cost and the roster has to be better. Maybe he's too stubborn and the game passed him by like many say, I'm just not sure. It could be fixable with a new QB and much better scouting.

Like, who are all these people and why aren't they on the hot seat (this could be its own thread maybe):
  • Director of player personnel – Matt Groh
  • Personnel coordinator – Brian Smith
  • Director of scouting – Eliot Wolf
  • Director of pro scouting – Steve Cargile
  • Director of college scouting – Camren Williams
  • Director of scouting administration – Nancy Meier
Guys like Piolli and Demitroff used to be well known names here and used to get accolades for their job performance and contribution to the dynasty. I don't really hear about that role with the Patriots these days.

I've made my opinion of Al Groh's kid quite clear: If I were Jonathan (with Dad's blessing of course), on Black Monday I would first appoint Eliot Wolf (or another qualified Outsider) GM; then I would fire Groh & any other exec who has Never been cut a check by another NFL team; and if Bill isn't amenable to relinquishing grocery-shopping duties while remaining HC in pursuit of the hated Shula, I would fire him too and together with Wolf find the most HC-ready pro offensive co-ordinator available... I would also give EW the resources to conduct a Complete Re-Evaluation of the Entire scouting department, in order to learn just who recommended whom...

To be honest, I’m a little in the indifferent side. I was 110% on the Brady end of things during that drama and had strongly held opinions. As far as Belichick goes, I can take it or leave it. I blame Mac much more than Bill.

Here’s a question: Buffalo fans want McDermott fired. Say both he and BB are fired after this season, how would you like to see Belichick coaching Buffalo next year?

how do you think that would turn out? for NE? For Buffalo?

It would be disastrous... for Barfalo.

So only a little more than a third of the posters here want Belichick gone? I would've guessed it was 99% reading posts here for the last few months.

The ONLY reason I voted Yes as HC-Only is because of the hated Shula... And that's it.

To be honest, I’m a little in the indifferent side. I was 110% on the Brady end of things during that drama and had strongly held opinions. As far as Belichick goes, I can take it or leave it. I blame Mac much more than Bill.
It's ultimately Bill.

Bill drafted Tom. Bill gets credit for identifying his potential and investing time and resources into him.

Bill drafted Mac. Bill gets the blame for drafting a player in the 1st round who has underperformed and sucks.

It’s also incredibly ironic that Bill surpassing Shula once seemed like a sure-thing, and then Belichick got arrogant AF about the QB position, tried trading away Tom’s friends and greatest weapons, ran Tom out of town to win his seventh Super Bowl ring elsewhere (making he the individual the current greatest dynasty in sports, even beyond the Patriots), and now he’s going to set the record for most losses and maybe never reach the W record.

Bad teams have hired new coaches 100s of times. Many keep hiring new ones every few years. One got the greatest run in the history of the NFL. I’d like to see that happen again, so I’ll take the guy who did it once already

I've made my opinion of Al Groh's kid quite clear: If I were Jonathan (with Dad's blessing of course), on Black Monday I would first appoint Eliot Wolf (or another qualified Outsider) GM; then I would fire Groh & any other exec who has Never been cut a check by another NFL team; and if Bill isn't amenable to relinquishing grocery-shopping duties while remaining HC in pursuit of the hated Shula, I would fire him too and together with Wolf find the most HC-ready pro offensive co-ordinator available... I would also give EW the resources to conduct a Complete Re-Evaluation of the Entire scouting department, in order to learn just who recommended whom...
Only the Wolf within the current regime otherwise an outsider with no ties to the team. The thing I’m concerned about is RK overriding him which is why I prefer Jonathan fully in charge as owner…none of this fake title crap which RK and BB prefer. We’ll have another rebuild in 3 years if RK is still calling the shots behind the scenes. By then the team’s constant state of losing will be the norm…and that’s a ***** to get out of…as we all know.

2008/9 is my favorite combo.. more refined than the early 2000's uniforms... just good looking duds

but if its pop you want, those 1998 Play Off All-Whites were stunning, as you pointed out awhile ago... just shrink the shoulder elvii a bit and you got something to work with...

and that reminds me, i think we've worn all of this years uniform iterations, got to update that thread

1993-94 Blue tops (for closer historical accuracy) on white bottoms with red/white on red/blue striping at home games; silver on blue with red/blue on red/silver at away games.

Pre-1995 number fonts; they don't have to be that big.

Replace Elvis on the helmet with Pat, or even with the tri-corner hat from 1960(-62?); and bring back the helmet stripes to match those on the sleeves (NOT shoulders) and legs.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back