PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When do playoff tickets go on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the game just popped up on my ticketexchange. it always does this...show 3 sections with tix..then says does not meet criteria

that just means that someone has already claimed the tickets and is going through the payment process.

I am not sure season ticket holders put those tickets on the exchange. Why would you? I mean, you chose to purchase the tickets, you are either going to the game or you are selling the tickets at an extreme mark up.

Technically, season ticket holders who wish to re-sell their tickets must do so through TicketExchange. The team has the right to revoke a fan's season tickets if they find them re-selling them on a site such as stubhub.

Pats, StubHub settle lawsuit | ProFootballTalk

I am not sure season ticket holders put those tickets on the exchange. Why would you? I mean, you chose to purchase the tickets, you are either going to the game or you are selling the tickets at an extreme mark up.

Technically, this is still the only way to sell your tickets that is approved by the Patriots. I believe if you sell your seats through Ticket Exchange and the buyer gets into trouble and thrown out of the game, you will not forfeit your seats like you might if you or your buddy or the person you sell to on Stubhub has the same issues. It is season ticket holders who put tickets on Ticket Exchange, and I believe, returned tickets from the other team and/or the Pats themselves which are not used.

The Pats lost their suit against Stubhub a few years ago (I think Stubhub is even and official partner of the NFL now), but they still don't like the fans making a profit on the tickets.

Edit - Correction - I did not know about the settlement above. I don't believe the Patriots have tried lately to revoke season ticket holders who sell on Stubhub, but it looks like they retained the right to do so.

Last edited:
that just means that someone has already claimed the tickets and is going through the payment process.

Correct. You have to keep checking ticket exchange and hit it at the right time. Tickets are often released in small batches and you have to get there before someone else does. I think more are released a few days before the game.

Here is a bit of detail on the exchange, as I've emailed the Gillette ticketing office many times to clarify (and I must say, they have great customer service with prompt and detailed responses if you ever have questions).

STH and Waitlist members can sell there tickets on the exchange, and can purchase up to 4 tickets to any game. It is the only approved method to sell your tickets from the Patriots, though they have no issue with you selling or giving tickets to friends at face value (they explicitly told me this), provided the attendee obeys the rules, as they are representing the STH. People that are overly intoxicated, fighting, etc. and are removed from the game can cause the STH to lose their seat. They did tell me there is generally a warning, and it very rarely occurs.

The Patriots also put tickets on the exchange from time to time that are freed up from other sources, these can be: Media seats that were returned, tickets for the opposing team that were returned, family seats that were returned, or blocks that went unsold for whatever reason.

The ticketing team tells me the best time to buy from the exchange is 1-3 days before the game, and indeed the morning of the game. One rep told there are virtually ALWAYS tickets on the exchange the night and morning before a game, even to playoff games. This is when any remaining blocks are released.

Tickets that appear "out of your criteria" are tickets that someone else has already clicked "buy" on. The exchange was not designed to handle high-demand tickets. When tickets are in high demand, there can be thousands of consumers on the exchange trying to purchase tickets. If, say 4 tickets in a group are available, the tickets become difficult to purchase in a completed transaction, as 4 or 5 people will click "buy" at the same time, and the timer will need to expire, before they are re-listed as "available". I have been told that sets of tickets can live in this limbo state for hours until someone is fast enough to click "buy" and have the server recognize the click and pull the ticket from other buyers. It's one of the most frustrating experiences buying a ticket you could imagine.

The tickets are sold at face, plus a 10% markup for Ticketmaster (who is using it's monopoly to make its nut coming and going). If you don't need a hard ticket, opt for the PDFs, they can easily cancel a barcode and re-issue your PDF ticket at any time if its lost/damaged, etc.

Last edited:
What Darrone said. You can sell your tickets to anyone, but you are not allowed to sell them above face value. If you sell your tickets through the ticketexchange, you are protected as a STH if the person who bought your tickets get kicked out of the game. You are not protected if you sell the tickets yourself.

Last year, I sold my tickets to the first game and went to the AFCCG for free, pretty decent deal, this year, I am going to the divisional round. Have a feeling Denver is not going to lose.

Last year, I sold my tickets to the first game and went to the AFCCG for free, pretty decent deal, this year, I am going to the divisional round. Have a feeling Denver is not going to lose.

I went to the Bmore game as well. I think that is one of the best games I have ever been to. It was absolutely awesome to see the exodus of Ravens fans, heads down, that had been so damn boisterous just 60 minutes earlier.

Wait List tickets on sale now FYI. I doubt there are any left at this point but check your e-mail/account manager home.

Wait List tickets on sale now FYI. I doubt there are any left at this point but check your e-mail/account manager home.

Been checking email last 2 days every 5 or 10 minute until lunch time today. Ofcourse the email came when i took half hour off.
Grabbed a pair in 305, row 18 and then struckout for another pair.
Will get a lower endzone pair on exchange next week instead.

ya i missed the email...just get them on ticket exchange

Got it right as it came in, and the best i could do was 313, row 21. Im just happy to get tickets.

They have been getting more and more scant though. A few years ago, if you timed it right, you got amazing seats, and they were available for 3-4 hours. Now you have about a 5 minute window for 300 level.

I am not sure if that is a change in supply or demand. Either way, happy to get tickets!

I think it's STH who put them on but I'm not sure (it could be extra tickets that the Pats put up for sale?). I'm finally getting my season tickets next year and I'm planning on using ticket exchange when I (or friends) can't go. Selling tickets any other way seems too risky to me.

Did they contact you and let you know yout name came up?
What year did you join the waiting list?

Did they contact you and let you know yout name came up?
What year did you join the waiting list?

would also like to know...how many tix did you as for..i have been on the list since 01..asking for 2 tix..think i am only a few years away

would also like to know...how many tix did you as for..i have been on the list since 01..asking for 2 tix..think i am only a few years away
Hey, you gotta call. I emailed earlier this year and the said they were up to early 2002.
I believe someone responded to one of my posts last year who
who went to the new season ticket holder event and everyone seemed to be from 02.

Found this

WhiZa is offline Report Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 AM #9
patstrips65
Rookie

Default Re: Rookie Season Ticket Holder Orientation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac14 View Post
Anyone ever been? Brother-in-Law has two tickets for the event being held Sunday and extended an invite.
Any idea what year he went on the waiting list? What did he get for seats?
patstrips65 is online now Report Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM #10
kmac14
On The Game Day Roster

My Mood: Cynical

Default Re: Rookie Season Ticket Holder Orientation:
There were easily a few hundred people there and all had gone on the list in 2001. He made out well and ended up with three seats at the end of the aisle in Section 310 appears to be on the 40-45 yard line.

Last edited:

Got this email in April

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in the Patriots. Currently we are offering season tickets to wait list members who joined in 2002. The estimated wait time for those joining the list today ranges from 10-15 years. Of course this is fully dependent on the renewal rates of current season-ticket holders going forward.

Best Wishes,

Gillette Stadium Ticket Office

Hey, you gotta call. I emailed earlier this year and the said they were up to early 2002.
I believe someone responded to one of my posts last year who
who went to the new season ticket holder event and everyone seemed to be from 02.

that means i am close...maybe i will send them an email

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft