PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Edited Title:) Writer thinks Zappe is winning the QB "battle"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly in my opinion, the view of Mac Jones depends greatly of what are your expectations as a fan.

If after 20 years of constant success, you are fine about winning 10 games a year get in the playoff every two years then Mac is perfectly fine.

If as a fan you continue to want to be able to be in contention every year then you can’t be satisfied with Mac. Mac should not preclude you to improve at the QB position.

Mac isn’t bad. In my view, he is just not good enough. I am not against Mac as a player. I am against what Mac represents and that’s the no man's land of the NFL. Good enough to avoid being bad and precludes you of getting high draft picks and not good enough to win the all thing. In my opinion, be in the middle is the worst position to be in the NFL.

Better resod the field after every game to fix the divots from Zappe Smurf’s little passes being knocked into the turf as they usually are…
I blame the OL.

Honestly in my opinion, the view of Mac Jones depends greatly of what are your expectations as a fan.

If after 20 years of constant success, you are fine about winning 10 games a year get in the playoff every two years then Mac is perfectly fine.

If as a fan you continue to want to be able to be in contention every year then you can’t be satisfied with Mac. Mac should not preclude you to improve at the QB position.

Mac isn’t bad. In my view, he is just not good enough. I am not against Mac as a player. I am against what Mac represents and that’s the no man's land of the NFL. Good enough to avoid being bad and precludes you of getting high draft picks and not good enough to win the all thing. In my opinion, be in the middle is the worst position to be in the NFL.
IMO
Doubtful a team can win because of a QB like Mac. Those kinds of QBs are rare. We've been lucky to have one of them for 20 years. Mac probably can’t elevate a team on his own and make players and coaches look better than they are. Case in point- last season.

But I think they can win WITH him with the right coaching (which hopefully we have now) and the right players around him. Mac's "Alabama Mac" comments almost sounds like an admission that that's who he is. In fact if he shows this year he can't even do that then the team will have to consider moving on.

BB and BoB will always try to improve the position but if the Pats really want a QB who can carry a team all the way they will probably be looking for a really long time. Those guys don’t come around often.

Last edited:

You'll change your mind after Mac wins NFL MVP this year

I blame the OL.
If Jones is injured and out for a while and Zappe Smurf gets extended playing time they’re in for a world of hurt. But only for this season. The QB class next April is deep and the Patriots in that scenario would likely be in a position to pick high. Which probably means in that scenario the smurf wouldn't have much time left with this team after that.

Last edited:
If Jones is injured and out for a while and Zappe Smurf gets extended playing time they’re in for a world of hurt. But only for this season. The QB class next April is deep and the Patriots in that scenario would likely be in a position to pick high. Which probably means in that scenario the smurf wouldn't have much time left with this team after that.
At least your boy Alabama can be the back up.

Last edited:
Hey this journalist was spot on!

489 replies arguing back and forth about zappe vs Mac! and Bill just threw it in the trash.

489 replies arguing back and forth about zappe vs Mac! and Bill just threw it in the trash.

Mad Bill GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back