PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Did Zappe Want To Say?

archstanton543

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
He said he couldn't say what he wanted to say about the last play where he threw into quadruple coverage which led to a pick to end the game. What did he want to say but couldn't?

He said he couldn't say what he wanted to say about the last play where he threw into quadruple coverage which led to a pick to end the game. What did he want to say but couldn't?
He’s crying that he threw a weak little lollipop with his noodle arm into quadruple coverage with the game on the line and the refs didn't bail him out with a flag lololol

He “can’t say” that because fines would be coming his way. He ought be fined anyway for that throw and then cut.

He’s crying that he threw a weak little lollipop with his noodle arm into quadruple coverage with the game on the line and the refs didn't bail him out with a flag lololol

He “can’t say” that because fines would be coming his way. He ought be fined anyway for that throw and then cut.
Why couldn't he have said that?

Likely....
"My INTs are lasers unlike Noodle Arm Mac's back-foot floater picks"
Or
"Not allowed to criticize the officials but there was PI on my last cannon strike"

Likely....
"My INTs are lasers unlike Noodle Arm Mac's back-foot floater picks"
Or
"Not allowed to criticize the officials but there was PI on my last cannon strike"
Or

Look at all the Zappeites making excuses for me I really have them wrapped around my finger hahaha

Last edited:
Mac is all pouty about not getting the chance to throw the Hail Mary.

Zappe is all passive aggressive seemingly wanting to deflect blame for that **** throw.

Great leaders we have at the most important position...

Zappe is all passive aggressive seemingly wanting to deflect blame for that **** throw.

Yep. Not a great place to be.

Can't be afraid to lose.

For a second there I thought we were about to make a big play because the fake spike initially seemed to throw the defense off.

He wanted to say he still cannot believe the patriots would draft a noodle arm shrimp no talent like him in the fourth round ahead of Sam Howell.
He cannot say it because he does not want to get cut

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
* The penalty he thought he saw either wasn't real or wasn't called.
* He thought it was a free play. It wasn't.
* Players get fined for criticizing officials.
* Fines actually hurt Zappe due to his low round rookie contract and less than sunny outlook for a next contract.

That's the boring simple truth. For exciting takes that may or may not have anything to do with it, see all other posts.

Last edited:
I would imagine he thought it was PI or holding on the DB.

He either thought there should have been a penalty for offsides or holding. Not sure which.

If he threw the ball because he thought it was a free play due to offsides, it only makes the throw slightly better because you better see there was a flag thrown before you make a pass like that.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back