PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are Chances Patriots Make Splash Trade For Justin Fields?

What are the chances the Patriots Season drowns from the “Splash” trade?!

Fields sucks. Draft a QB. Would be a franchise set back to invest in Fields and pass up a QB in the top 3
Cousin Lancerman, only a 49% chance that the Holy Three get to their second contract. Rather fill holes with blue chippers and take a QB later like Rattler who might have the best arm. Too many holes to wish and hope we get the next Mahomes or Burrow. Watch the tape. None are ready to start day one.. The only one NFL ready might be McCarthy and I am not sold.
DW Toys

He has the longest avg time-to-release in the NFL…3.3 seconds. Doesn’t scream “smart processor” to me. Plus he quit on competing at GA so screw him lol.

OK Cousin, I'll bite,
Speaking of that, had a great Sunday breakfast of a veggie, American cheese omelet cooked just right, with smoke sausage links and brioche toast. Topped that off with dark chocolate cocoa and a mini apple fruit pastry bite.

Let's assume the Fields "stinks" according to your summation. I am by no means a fanboy of Fields but watched a lot of his "good" tape. He has NFL tape and the holy three ....do not. Fields is only twenty five years old. He ain't perfect but seems to be going in the right direction. Watch his tape. He is not a finished product but neither are the other three. We have a year to decide if Fields can preserve Mayo's head coaching job.

I have seen the tape on Williams, Daniels and Maye....... College tape. All three are very raw. Williams throws passes he would not get away with in the NFL. He's also under 6'. Daniels is skinny Joshua Dobbs who had two world class WR at LSU. (was it he or them that brought success?) and Maye regressed this last year and has some accuracy issues.

So hence if we align them up versus college tape and hope that we get a Stroud and not Bryce Young whom the Panthers can be still hurting from in five years unless he has a miraculous turn around..........Would you give a fourth rounder for Bryce Young right now>? Talk about a Mac Jones fire sale. I might prefer Zach Wilson over Young right now......yikes!

I see more value on MHJ and trading for Fields or trading down to fill the way-too-many holes we also have that one mediocre over hyper college QB will do for the franchise day one.

Cousin, Here is the question: Do you want to be competitive in 2024 or hope to develop a raw kids over what I see, the next three years. I don't know about you but I want to at least be competitive in 2024.

The Bears scored 360 points in 2023 and won five of their last home games. The Pats scored 236 and were 1-6 at home. Yep, Fields won more that twice as many games as the Pats did. So sucks? Maybe.

Do we push all of our chips in the middle for what I say is an over hyped QB class or do we go to work and fill holes with a solid build and have the QB issue solved through trade or FA? Your call.......And that is o be respected.

Hate Fields? I have mentioned this before. Do we take Russell Wilson who won twice as many games as the Pats and yet on paper, the Teams were about the same. Wilson had decent 2023 numbers but he is not on the same channel as Payton. They would pay some of his salary. Do we swap the picks at their#12 for our #3 if they add Jerry Juedy (one year rental) who had more yards than any of our WR plus only 25 and LT Garret Boles who is under his last year but only 31 and a 2nd rounder in 2025? The Broncos want out of that contract.

Russell can still move as he had almost 275 yards on the ground. He would be a superb GAP QB if we opted for a Spemcer Rattler or a Penix in later rounds.

Russ in 15 games
66.4 completion3,070 Yards26 TDs8 INT98.0 QB Rating
Would we take those numbers from any QB in 2024?

Then we can get a top WR or OT at picks #12.

This is just one blueprint I can see for 2024 but Fields would still be my choice.
DW Toys

Why does Mayo have one year to “ save his iob?” He hasn’t even coached one game yet.

He has the longest avg time-to-release in the NFL…3.3 seconds. Doesn’t scream “smart processor” to me. Plus he quit on competing at GA so screw him lol.

I’m not sure who are responding to, I’m guessing I have them on ignore, but that stat has to be altered from time to throw to the point where they are pressured out of the pocket. I think understanding how much time they had before pressure is valuable data, but it skews against every QB who is good at extending plays. If they went by the point where the QB has to extend the play instead of how much time elapses before they release the ball it would be more meaningful.

Watched every game, we won 4 of them, lost 8 (I think) by one score.

If you think that was rock bottom look back at the '93 '94 seasons, or Detroit 08 09 (2-30) or Browns '16 17 (1-31). We can go winless next season and not be the lowest rock bottom the NFL has season in the last decade.
Enough already. We all saw last season and they weren't really in most of those one score games. They had 8 one score losses out of 13 because they had a good to great defense and a historically poor offense. Either that or the mediots were on to something when they claimed that Bill was managing the losses.

The Pats have NEVER been as historically bad as the Lions or Browns or many other teams, especially in the NFC. In fact, the Pats had top teams in every decade of their existence and the poor 93-94 seasons were followed by a title game a couple of years later, which Tuna **** blew on his way to the Jets.

i don't believe we are interested in trading up and losing draft picks. I also don't think Justin fields is that special of a QB so i would be against trading for him unless it was a 3rd or 4th rd. pick which would be unlikely

Louis Reddick was claiming Bears should keep Fields earlier this year now completely changed tune. Same guy claimed Daniels is so far ahead of Mayes. He’s the same guy who said Trey Lance was being undersold and a quote, “slam dunk” for the 49ers drafting him, while criticizing the consensus on Lawrence. He’s the same guy who claimed the Giants were racist for not picking Haskins, and that Haskins was the best QB that draft. Guy has a clear agenda to prop up certain talent while criticizing others. Curious why ESPN doesn’t just keep him on their failing and now rebranded Andscape (formerly Undefeated) for his biased takes.

Anyways, if you’re hedging Reddick’s takes, you are doing it right. Glad the Pats didn’t get involved with Fields, or make the asinine trades some were suggesting.

Last edited:
time house GIF

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back