PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone explain the Justin Fields hype?

I think the hype is because our QBs suck and we have the 3rd pick, two picks behind Da Bears. The circumstances may fit but I'd rather have another QB than Fields. I wouldn't want Baker Mayfield either.
Yeah.. very true. The thing is Chicago is probably looking to take a QB as well. So fields is attainable. The QB position here is so bad that you probably better take the pick, a veteran and see what you have. Because I doubt AVP can fix Mac or zapp.

For those of you wanting Fields, this doesn't sound like the GM is ready to move on from him. CHI only has 6 picks, none in the 2nd Rd (WAS owns it) and appears ready to trade #1. This just may be a mute point. Of course, everything is on the table, so who knows.

I don't see Joe alt going in the top 5 draft picks. I just don't.. I mean honestly I have not even been following his draft projection.. I do know kiper has him at the best available LT.. however I don't know that he's a top 5 pick? Is he? You're absolutely right who's our O line coach? Yeah exactly it would all depend on who's the coach who can light a fire under Trent to get him going.
Literally every mock has him projected in the top 5-7 picks.

I think this is more a reflection of the dearth of talent at the NFL level rather than a sign that these guys are sure fire prospects.
Sure. Still they have 9 OTs going in the first. Aside from QB, OT is the best value you can get in the first round, followed by WR, DT, Edge & CB (in no particular order).

He had 1143 yards rushing in a season (2nd all time for a QB).

And he is probably as good a passer as broken Cam.

Patriots went 7-8 with Cam Newton. Now imagine the Patriots with that Cam Newton, but he has twice as many rushing yards. Now imagine we pick RHJ in the draft and maybe sign a good FA WR. We could win 10!!!! games.
2020 Cam part II doesn't really move the needle for me.

2020 Cam part II doesn't really move the needle for me.
Except as I pointed out it isn't Cam part II.

Its a Cam with better running ability and actual offensive weapons instead of Damiere Byrd

Fields also certainly has more upside than 2020 Cam.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back