PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone explain the Justin Fields hype?

Sorry you still don't understand. Biggest game of the season against the Packers who they haven't beaten in a long time and he came up small. That's the point. Not clutch. Just like Harry.
I apologize on your behalf. The Packers were hot nobody was beating them let alone a flawed team like the bears. The point is fields still had a 1000 plus yard WR.. if he's such a poor QB then that does not happen. Who was the 1k WR here? Juju? Parker? Give the kid some credit he's in a tough situation in Chicago like Mac they need a change of scenery to be able to reach potential. Now that's the point!

I doubt Fields will ever be a franchise QB. I wouldn’t trade for him. He is still a horrible passer who can do some great things with his feet. I would rather sign a guy like Mayfield and draft a developmental QB or wait until next year to draft one in the first round if I wasn’t in love who was available with the third pick or in the second round.
Mayfield is not signing here. He is staying in TB. Obviously Fields has some big flaws. That is why bears are trading him for less than a first rounder.
Question is can you fix him?
I would rather have Daniels BUT Alt and Fields seems like a good consolation prize

Mayfield is not signing here. He is staying in TB. Obviously Fields has some big flaws. That is why bears are trading him for less than a first rounder.
Question is can you fix him?
I would rather have Daniels BUT Alt and Fields seems like a good consolation prize
He is in a similar situation Mac was. Coaching is everything to do with a young QB. Fields was drafted from what the Bears saw him do at Ohio state. Then try to alter his game to take away his strengths.. guys have to play off instincts, and ability if they can't then they can't be successful. He's far from a finished product, but he's got far more upside than anything we have to call a QB on the roster currently. I agree with you Daniels, Fields, Joe Alt at LT. Now don't laugh me off the forum but... what if? Just what if? AVP can fix mac?...then the whole game is changing...

This draft is supposed to be unusually top heavy. in Perry’s mock, the Pats would draft a WR who might have been the first WR off the board if he was in last year’s draft and a tackle who could potentially man the left side for a decade or a decade and a half. The Pats have too many needs to utilize Harrison the way he should. And Harrison wouldn’t fix the WR problem. And the Pats still have a LT problem in that scenario.
Draft Harrison Jr Resign Trent Brown problem solved it's not rocket science guys. Trent Brown is going to be Starting for a Team this Year. I don't get the nonsense about letting Onwenu walk and moving on from Brown. As bad as the a Patriots were Onwenu will be one the Top Guards in FA and Brown a Top FA Tackle.

Draft Harrison Jr Resign Trent Brown problem solved it's not rocket science guys. Trent Brown is going to be Starting for a Team this Year. I don't get the nonsense about letting Onwenu walk and moving on from Brown. As bad as the a Patriots were Onwenu will be one the Top Guards in FA and Brown a Top FA Tackle.

Trent Brown will never be in a Patriots uniform ever again. The guy is a dog and quit on the team. You have a better chance at playing LT for the Patriots than Brown. And the fact that Brown is the best tackle in free agency shows how that position is devoid of talent in free agency this year. Brown is toxic.

Raiders could be Fields landing spot after they hired Getsy as their new OC.

Trent Brown will never be in a Patriots uniform ever again. The guy is a dog and quit on the team. You have a better chance at playing LT for the Patriots than Brown. And the fact that Brown is the best tackle in free agency shows how that position is devoid of talent in free agency this year. Brown is toxic.
He is, but as you perfectly said he's likely the " best" FA LT, becuase the position is probably the 2nd most important outside of QB.. with Trent is a tied to motivation.. the team sucked last season so it's easy to see him quitting.. however it would be very interesting to see how mayo and work approach things with him. I still say try and get Alt at # 34

He is, but as you perfectly said he's likely the " best" FA LT, becuase the position is probably the 2nd most important outside of QB.. with Trent is a tied to motivation.. the team sucked last season so it's easy to see him quitting.. however it would be very interesting to see how mayo and work approach things with him. I still say try and get Alt at # 34
Lol, what? Alt at #34? He'll be gone by #5.

I know this isn't popular, but I agree with you on Trent. He's a top OT in FAcy. Need to find a good OL coach that he can work with and we should try to re-sign him. Draft a LT and move Trent back to RT, and a lot of our OL problems are solved. Onwenu becomes less of a concern at that point (he's getting paid).

Let's ruin another young QB in the early stages I hope Mayo is doing the Math. This Team needs a QB way more than a LT. Both the DRAFT and FA is very weak at the position unfortunately. Give Trent Brown a Two year deal that gives us time to develop some young LT Talent.

I know this isn't popular, but I agree with you on Trent. He's a top OT in FAcy. Need to find a good OL coach that he can work with and we should try to re-sign him. Draft a LT and move Trent back to RT, and a lot of our OL problems are solved. Onwenu becomes less of a concern at that point (he's getting paid).
I am going to say this Trent Bown didn't quit on his Team he quit on BB. After BB's well thought out Roster management who on Offense wouldn't?? Mayo needs to start off well having a decent LT is a Must again Brown ain't breaking the bank here.

And all those saying Ugh on my Trent Brown post let's play V Lowe and Conner McDermott at Tackle because they are so much better than Trent Brown. Nice way to get a Rookie QB on IR. :rolleyes:

I don't see Joe alt going in the top 5 draft picks. I just don't.. I mean honestly I have not even been following his draft projection.. I do know kiper has him at the best available LT.. however I don't know that he's a top 5 pick? Is he? You're absolutely right who's our O line coach? Yeah exactly it would all depend on who's the coach who can light a fire under Trent to get him going.

The guaranteed money is over the life or the contract or upfront? I know the rookies pay scale was changed in the last CBA right. ? I'm always all for players to get paid. The career of an NFL player is very short lived.
The career average of NYFL players is skewed by the large number of players who don't make it. Once you do make it you can have a good career and doors will open for you when you're done. It's not a good old boys network like coaching.

Let's ruin another young QB in the early stages I hope Mayo is doing the Math. This Team needs a QB way more than a LT. Both the DRAFT and FA is very weak at the position unfortunately. Give Trent Brown a Two year deal that gives us time to develop some young LT Talent.

Brown played a role in ruining Mac Jones. How many games in the last two years did Brown let a defender get to Jones unblocked? He was awful in 2022.

The only way I would even consider Trent Brown back is to give him a low deal with per game incentives to keep him motivated. You give him a real deal knowing this is likely his last contract and he is going to dog it and just collect the paycheck. But he will never take a contract that his pay is tied to performance.

I am going to say this Trent Bown didn't quit on his Team he quit on BB. After BB's well thought out Roster management who on Offense wouldn't?? Mayo needs to start off well having a decent LT is a Must again Brown ain't breaking the bank here.

You quit on the head coach, you quit on the team. I am sure there were other players who lost faith in Belichick and supported him being fired, but they still put the work in every day and tried.

He was worse in 2022 than 2023. He was a turnstile in 2022 at times.

And this is not the first team Brown quit on. He has quit on every team he played for. Every single one.

And Alt is going top 10.

He was worse in 2022 than 2023. He was a turnstile in 2022 at times.

And this is not the first team Brown quit on. He has quit on every team he played for. Every single one.

And Alt is going top 10.
Thank you for letting me know on alt.. I want sure where he was projected to go.. as my focus rightfully so has been on QB.. well in thar case we probably should make a clean slate with him. We need to definitely sure up both tackle spots no matter who's at QB.

Thank you for letting me know on alt.. I want sure where he was projected to go.. as my focus rightfully so has been on QB.. well in thar case we probably should make a clean slate with him. We need to definitely sure up both tackle spots no matter who's at QB.

YW. The highest Alt will go is fifth since the three QBs and Harrison are going 1-4. But 5th is Alt’s most likely spot to be picked. But he ain’t going past ten.

The good news is they think there are potentially 5-6 franchise LT in this draft. So the Pats could potentially draft Maye or Daniels and then trade into the first with their second round pick and draft their LT of the future.

Agreed! I believe what gets looked at is does a QB get better? Fields has.. he still isn't a finished product, he like Mac in many ways was a victim of terrible coaching. If he could be had for minimal draft compensation I'd be elated I've heard nothing but great things about him and his attitude.
Another po
YW. The highest Alt will go is fifth since the three QBs and Harrison are going 1-4. But 5th is Alt’s most likely spot to be picked. But he ain’t going past ten.

The good news is they think there are potentially 5-6 franchise LT in this draft. So the Pats could potentially draft Maye or Daniels and then trade into the first with their second round pick and draft their LT of the future.
in that scenario you go for broke at wr in the free agency.

Mid round WRs I love Corley, Walker.

Am I crazy to think McCarthy will be a better pro than Maye or Daniel’s?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back