PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a pathetic performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, close enough, its frickin dallas, average season temp is like 67 degrees, its more like a 3/4 dome, thou it is still climate controlled .

There's nothing climate controlled about Texas Stadium. It's a miserable place to watch a game in the early season, even deep into Oct. as there is virtually no air circulation at all. I went to a concert there in July and it looked like I did a swan dive into a pool by the time it was over.

If this was '03 or '04 then no one would say a damn word.

SoonerPatriot...thank you for displaying PF1996 stupidity in your sig.

SoonerPatriot...thank you for displaying PF1996 stupidity in your sig.

No problem. I don't think he's stupid. He's actually a pretty smart guy, though I know that's hard to believe. What I find fascinating is he claims to be a Pats fan, yet clearly has some really deep resentment issues with Brady and those Pats fans who dare to think Brady is actually an elite QB.

It's endlessly entertaining. The first 2 are from last winter, after the playoffs. I was going to delete them before the season started but the fact Brady actually got new WRs this year and is obviously having a fantastic season makes them all the more delicious.

Last edited:
I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

This game demonstrates two things clearly

1. Pats is NOT the greatest offense ever.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

Hey Tom Jackson get your butt on set Boomer is waiting for you.

Is that why you said Brady sucks in the game thread? This season isn't about you ahole, it's about them. They do it all, I watch them do it, you just ***** about it. :bricks:

So you would consider 14/27, 140 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT a fine performance? Really? I would call it a ****ty game. I also don't think I'm the only one who wants Brady to do well every week. I'm certain at least one other guy agrees with me...

But I'm not a "homer". If we win, but an aspect of the game sucked, I'll say it, I'll complain a bit, I'll look to see why it sucked. I won't just say "Ahh, we won. Who cares." Thats stupid.

This thread is about how the game was disappointing. That would be Brady and the passing game. The Running game looked good and the defense was stellar.

Kinda sad to see this type of post really. Entire season, we've been hearing bunch of other team trolls 'well Pats are passing team and they won't win in bad weather' type of crap. We show that we can win in bad weather game situation and our own damn fans complain? I was actually quite satisfied that Maroney finally showed he can grind out yardage in tough situations where teams know Pats are going to run. I know this wasn't Brady's finest perfomance but two areas of Pats games, defense and running game, which have been doubted whole season finally stepped up and we can't overlook this fact. What is there to complain about?

Last edited:
Sheesh! The pats are 14-0. Wait, I'm gonna say that again. The pats are 14-0! This is the N-F-L. What!? People out there think that's easy!? Do pats fans think that this team is sooo good that the team should blow everyone out?

Everyone needs to get a grip. The reality is this. NE could have lost 2-3 games this year easy. That's a fact. What's also a fact is that the FACT that NE could only have lost 2-3 games this year and actually did not speaks volumes about just how damn good NE is. Like I said. It's the NFL. No team is always unbeatable. The pats have played some damn good teams that were ready to play and tossed their best. Nonetheless the pats have prevailed every single time. To start 14-0 in the NFL is awesome any way you slice it.

It'll be interesting to see where the spread at next week for Mia. Not suggesting any spread ever dictates anything. I'm just saying, weather notwithstanding, if NE is favored by 20+, if I were a betting man I'd lay money on Mia. For me, the idea of putting money on the phins covering has nothing to do with who the better team is. That's clearly evident.

No, it has everything to do with the pressure that's mounting. I think any NE fan who thinks the org is impervious to the pressure is mistaken. Plain and simple. That's not possible in this day and age. The press is on and it will be interesting to see if NE can handle it.

I'm not here to say the NE org can't handle the pressure. I wouldn't be overly surprised if NE does end up running the table this year. But I don't think it will be easy. Remaining opponents notwithstanding. In closing I'll say this. I love the game and anyone who loves the game should have an affinity for excellence. I think everyone who loves the game should have an appreciation for any team rising to the occasion, playing their arses off and winning the day. To do that for every single game in the reg season is very special and I'll definitely feel obligated to give a bow to the pats if they manage to accomplish going undefeated.

We cant expect to always score 40+ points, especially in the weather that was handed to us. I wish it was like 50 and clear, so we could have obliterated them, but I am satisfied with the W, and the little thing that looks like an o in the other column.

Give me a frigging break with these ridiculous excuses. At least come up with something PLAUSIBLE.

. :rofl: :rofl:

Every team that had a dominant year in the history of the NFL had bad games along the way. In fact only 1(Miami) even won all it's games in thier dominant year. And even Miami in thier undefeated year, had some very close games along the way where they didn't look that good. All the other teams that had dominat years had such bad games, they lost 1 or 2. Did it mean they were any less dominant? And todays game was played in very poor weather conditions yet they still won. Having a couple of non dominant games in a, so far, undefeated season yet still winning those games IS the sign of a dominant team.

Sheesh! The pats are 14-0. Wait, I'm gonna say that again. The pats are 14-0! This is the N-F-L. What!? People out there think that's easy!? Do pats fans think that this team is sooo good that the team should blow everyone out?

Everyone needs to get a grip. The reality is this. NE could have lost 2-3 games this year easy. That's a fact. What's also a fact is that the FACT that NE could only have lost 2-3 games this year and actually did not speaks volumes about just how damn good NE is. Like I said. It's the NFL. No team is always unbeatable. The pats have played some damn good teams that were ready to play and tossed their best. Nonetheless the pats have prevailed every single time. To start 14-0 in the NFL is awesome any way you slice it.

It'll be interesting to see where the spread at next week for Mia. Not suggesting any spread ever dictates anything. I'm just saying, weather notwithstanding, if NE is favored by 20+, if I were a betting man I'd lay money on Mia. For me, the idea of putting money on the phins covering has nothing to do with who the better team is. That's clearly evident.

No, it has everything to do with the pressure that's mounting. I think any NE fan who thinks the org is impervious to the pressure is mistaken. Plain and simple. That's not possible in this day and age. The press is on and it will be interesting to see if NE can handle it.

I'm not here to say the NE org can't handle the pressure. I wouldn't be overly surprised if NE does end up running the table this year. But I don't think it will be easy. Remaining opponents notwithstanding. In closing I'll say this. I love the game and anyone who loves the game should have an affinity for excellence. I think everyone who loves the game should have an appreciation for any team rising to the occasion, playing their arses off and winning the day. To do that for every single game in the reg season is very special and I'll definitely feel obligated to give a bow to the pats if they manage to accomplish going undefeated.

Where was the pressure last week? Everyone said that after Philly and Baltimore and then whamo....ask Pitt fans about the pressure.

They played down to the level of their competition today, something they did repeatedly in 2003 and 2004.

Last edited:
So you would consider 14/27, 140 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT a fine performance? Really? I would call it a ****ty game. I also don't think I'm the only one who wants Brady to do well every week. I'm certain at least one other guy agrees with me...

But I'm not a "homer". If we win, but an aspect of the game sucked, I'll say it, I'll complain a bit, I'll look to see why it sucked. I won't just say "Ahh, we won. Who cares." Thats stupid.

This thread is about how the game was disappointing. That would be Brady and the passing game. The Running game looked good and the defense was stellar.

What is stupid is this argument. Take a look at all the teams that played in this weather and the passing yardage....

Cleveland 130
Buffalo 124
New York 156
Washington 168
Jacksonville 197
Pittsburgh 106
Jets 146
N.E. 134

Not a single team playing on the east coast in the bad weather got even 200 yards passing. Brady certainly didn't play his best game, but the negative people here, as usual, have displayed a disappointing inability to grasp context.

not only that Angry Deity...

Patriots...sold out...67 K plus

Steelers...64,450 capacity....58,793 paid

Pats playing for little but pride, Pitt playing for their playoff lives

yet we're terrible fans according to the Armchair Patriot Police

Jesus, did you guys start watching football this year?

The Patriots won.

And here I was in awe of the team for being 14-0. You whiners are spoiled little babies.

There's nothing climate controlled about Texas Stadium. It's a miserable place to watch a game in the early season, even deep into Oct. as there is virtually no air circulation at all. I went to a concert there in July and it looked like I did a swan dive into a pool by the time it was over.

The roof covers you in the rain and not so often snow, and is the wind blocked ? that's what i consider climate control...

Where was the pressure last week? Everyone said that after Philly and Baltimore and then whamo....ask Pitt fans about the pressure.

They played down to the level of their competition today, something they did repeatedly in 2003 and 2004.
Yea, that's part of my point. I mentioned in another thread that the pats tossed a workmanlike performance today. That's another part of what good teams do. They win however they need to. Look at my user name. The pats can and have been outplayed on many an occasion. But they've found a way to win regardless of the occasion far more often than not. I'm saying I think that's the mark of a damn fine team.

It's not as if NE is incapable of opening the door for other teams. No team in todays NFL is quite that good. Everyone should understand that. Again, let me reiterate. The pats are not unbeatable and they can and will give you an opportunity to beat them.

No, what the pats are is so damn good that the only teams that get an opportunity to play along with them are teams who are at the top of their game on that day. Further to my point, even when a team is on top of their game and is effectively beating the pats, the pats are almost never out of it. Because they are THAT good.

If a team is on it's game, NE can and will give an opposing team an op to walk thru the door. Especially if NE is ahead. But that's all the opposing team will get. It's usually one maybe two ops. If the opposing team doesn't cap? Sayonara. Same holds true if NE is coming from behind. All the opposing team needs to do is give them 1-2 opportunities. NE will cap. That's what good teams do. That's who NE is right now.

Last edited:
The roof covers you in the rain and not so often snow, and is the wind blocked ? that's what i consider climate control...

You will get rained on in the lower bowl and on the field. Climate controlled implies the climate can be controlled in full. There's absolutely no mechanism to control the temp. at Texas Stadium.

Last edited:
This really eats me up inside guys.
Come on now I've been a Pats fan since third grade I am now 24 years old.
I remember when I would get ragged on just for wearing my Bledsoe jerseys or say the Patriots are gonna make the playoff's and how I would be laughed at.
I remember watching the team try their hardest but not having enough talent to beat the likes of the Steelers, Dolphins, Jet's, Chiefs just to name a few.
We have 14 wins and no losses.
The game plan changes week to week as does the opponent and if we were 0 and 14 i would still be rocking my Pats gear here in the Philly region.
We have to be doing something right to be 14 and 0 you guys who want to see 60 to 0 scores or what have you.
Keep in mind Manjudas was a big part of this team he knows Bradys tendancies weakness's, The style our offensive line plays and being involved in the defense as much as he was I'm sure he knows those guys fairly well.
That being said you'd think this post would of been written after a loss not a 10 point win.
Where Maroney ran with alot of heart and conviction, Kevin Faulk played his heart out as always.
The offensive line gave a solid effort.
The receivers didn't get it done in the weather conditions and nor did Brady.
But when it counted they made plays and a point of emphasis this week obviously was to pound the ball with Maroney.
I'm just happy that Heath or Kyle is not our feature back when we need to run the dang ball.
Everyone was complaining about Maroney he played great and all we hear was terrible effort.
Well to the people ragging on this team guess what?
We didn't play our best on offense and defense but we won.
How many fans can say well they didn't look to good our MVP Quaterback didn't throw a touchdown but we still won.
Look Tony Romo in Dallas didn't throw a score and they lost.
The Patriots are just that good and when we are on our best were dominate when were not I still expect to get the W.
Also I have no respect for fans who turn on their team at the drop of a hat.
What the heck are you doing on a fan message board anyhow?
Trying to cause trouble? Trolling?
Or are you just that spoiled that every game should be a blow out?
For shame fellow Pats fans.
The dolphin fans are more than likely dancing in the street's because they finally won one and were crying about this?
Nothing more needs to be said I'm just disgusted by some of you fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST