PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a pathetic performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who wasn't at Gillette has NO OPINION worth considering on this game. I was at the game and conditions were horrendous from start to finish. I just LOVE when people think they know what's up when all they did was watch the game from the comfort of their own homes.

yeah...but you missed the whole "no noise again at the Razor!!!!" brouhaha..."I didn't hear any ...ON TV...so THAT proves it!!!"....I was in the south end zone just like last week and my voice is gone AGAIN, probably til Wednesday...and one of the first post game threads I open is this whining about "lousy fans!!!!". Perhaps the REASON these arbiters of "True Patriotship" should actually attend a freaking game for once in their overwhelmingly astute lives and SEE the empty red seats BELOW the TV booths.You won't hear any loud cheering FROM EMPTY SEATS! But this clue constantly evades the "Patriot Correct Fanship Police" who just can't wait to damn the fans who braved conditions akin to the Chosin Death March, because THEY couldn't perceive any appreciable noise from the comfort of their Laz-E-Boy double recliners.

I'll be there next Sunday...maybe I can sneak in a small pocket recorder and post the noise level from the south EZ on a .wav file...that is, if the recorder doesn't disintegrate from the Db's.

I was in section 225 and screaming my freezing as* off all game long! I agree with your statements that say the crowd was loud. I thought the crowd was great from a noise perspective.

Last edited:
Since Brady took over at QB years ago, it seems like the first possession of the game dictates the rest for the Pats. At least I can tell. It's weird. If their firt O possession is off key, or if they look sluggish, it seems like they kind of struggle the rest of the game. It's either they have it or they don't. It's something I can see right away. The great thing about this team is when they don't got it, they are still good enough and able to pull out a win, the most important thing. Things like this are going to happen towards the end of the year. That's why that first round bye is so important. Much needed rest going into the playoffs.

Yea, think about it this way. All us Bolts fan are happy to have clinched our div in the way we did today. The spread was 11+ and we rolled the Lions. For the most part, most Bolts fans are not surprised that we covered.

NE on the other hand was in worker mode today. I saw most of the game. Whether or not the Jets were tossing "A" game is debatable. I'd say it was less than that. The Jets are not a very good team this year and NE could have put 40-50 on them just as easily as not. But NE didn't and that has everything to do with the weight of the moment.

Let me put it this way. If NE blows the Dolphins out at home next week I will be further impressed. And it won't be because the phins have game.

Boltfan...are you ok? NO team could have put up big numbers in those weather conditions Sunday. Did your television not show you the 40 mph winds that drove the freezing sheets of rain sideways from start to finish?

Those conditions were about as bad as it can possibly get. The snow storm in Cleveland was easier to play in than the rain storm we had. At least in snow, the ball doesn't get as wet and your eyes don't get as blinded.

The true level of the Patriots was on display last week against the Steelers. We beat them up so bad, they still hadn't recovered and that's why they lost to Jacksonville yesterday.

Just like when we beat the snot out of the Chargers in the second game of this year. All your players were so humiliated, they played like crap for the next 4 weeks!:D

Last edited:
So you would consider 14/27, 140 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT a fine performance? Really? I would call it a ****ty game. I also don't think I'm the only one who wants Brady to do well every week. I'm certain at least one other guy agrees with me...

But I'm not a "homer". If we win, but an aspect of the game sucked, I'll say it, I'll complain a bit, I'll look to see why it sucked. I won't just say "Ahh, we won. Who cares." Thats stupid.

This thread is about how the game was disappointing. That would be Brady and the passing game. The Running game looked good and the defense was stellar.

OK?.....and the weather was what??? Freezing sideways rain, slick field and footballs. How dense are you and pudfu*ker1996 that you don't realize that that kind of weather WILL effect your passing game? There were several drops today also....so not only did you not go to the game it appears you didn't watch it on TV either and only saw a box score. It is the only way I can see that people could make such deluded posts.

Rest assured though you don't look that bad in this thread because pudfu*ker1996 has shown up and his football ignoranc is second to none as he has proved time and time again.

Since Brady took over at QB years ago, it seems like the first possession of the game dictates the rest for the Pats. At least I can tell. It's weird. If their firt O possession is off key, or if they look sluggish, it seems like they kind of struggle the rest of the game. It's either they have it or they don't. It's something I can see right away. The great thing about this team is when they don't got it, they are still good enough and able to pull out a win, the most important thing. Things like this are going to happen towards the end of the year. That's why that first round bye is so important. Much needed rest going into the playoffs.

Yeah, like last weeks 3 & out against the Steelers! I guess that set the tone for the game & was the reason we only beat the Steelers 34-13.

Where do you come up with this theory?:rolleyes:

Yeah, like last weeks 3 & out against the Steelers! I guess that set the tone for the game & was the reason we only beat the Steelers 34-13.

Where do you come up with this theory?:rolleyes:

Did the Pats look sluggish or off key in their first possession in the Pitts game? NO. In the Pitts game because it was a 3 and out it doesn't mean they were looking kind off sluggish or off key like they did today There is a such thing as the D stopping us. Maybe you should learn comprehension before responding to peoples posts. It might help you.

Last edited:
I have a wind related question, based upon one person's gripe about the lack of screens. I have been able to get a read on how bad the wind was when the QBs tried to go downfield, but how bad was it for the QBs trying to throw sideways?

P.S. I don't think wind is the only reason screen passes would have been a bad idea this game, but I'm still curious.

The wind was blowing from the South end zone to the north all game. Screen passes are "touch/soft" passes and yesterday's conditions were not a day to throw a soft pass...no way.

Worst game of the year.

It's a DIVISION game, anything can happen. You saw what a BAD Philly team did to Dallas today(held Romo to SIX FREAKIN' POINTS?!?). And Joe Gibbs won a RARE victory at The Meadowlands today as well.

Did the Pats look sluggish or off key in their first possession in the Pitts game? NO. In the Pitts game because it was a 3 and out it doesn't mean they were looking kind off sluggish or off key like they did today There is a such thing as the D stopping us. Maybe you should learn comprehension before responding to people's posts. It might help you.

Of COURSE any 3 & out by the Patriots make them look "off or sluggish". YES, the Pats did look horrible on their first drive in the Pittsburgh game! If you look up the Patriot stats, you'd know we score on over 75% of our first possessions. That being the case, how can a 3 & out NOT make them look "off or sluggish"

Please explain a good looking 3 & out vs. an "off or sluggish" looking 3 & out:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of COURSE any 3 & out by the Patriots make them look "off or sluggish". YES, the Pats did look horrible on their first drive in the Pittsburgh game! If you look up the Patriot stats, you'd know we score on over 75% of our first possessions. That being the case, how can a 3 & out NOT make them look "off or sluggish"

Please explain a good looking 3 & out vs. an "off or sluggish" looking 3 & out:rolleyes:

Where does Pitt's D rank? Ever think that could have been the problem. We were playing the Jets today. There's nothing I need to look up. I watched every game this year and been to almost every home game.

All I said was that Brady had a bad game. In comparison to what he has done before in bad weather games, he had a bad game. BUT I also said that it was partly due to the play calling and dropped passes/wrong routes, etc.

I don't think Brady sucks, I just think he didn't play all that well today and obviously the weather only made things a lot worse. Maybe I am a little too harsh on him...

Last edited:
Yea, think about it this way. All us Bolts fan are happy to have clinched our div in the way we did today. The spread was 11+ and we rolled the Lions. For the most part, most Bolts fans are not surprised that we covered.

NE on the other hand was in worker mode today. I saw most of the game. Whether or not the Jets were tossing "A" game is debatable. I'd say it was less than that. The Jets are not a very good team this year and NE could have put 40-50 on them just as easily as not. But NE didn't and that has everything to do with the weight of the moment.

Let me put it this way. If NE blows the Dolphins out at home next week I will be further impressed. And it won't be because the phins have game.

I hit a five way parlay today. 2 of my bets were the Bolts, and i took the Jets. They were 2 easy picks for me. There was noway the Pats were going to cover today. The weather report has a lot to do with betting. On the other hand on a nice day i would of probably not even bet the Pats game.

Where does Pitt's D rank? Ever think that could have been the problem. We were playing the Jets today. There's nothing I need to look up. I watched every game this year and been to almost every home game.

Well then, you should have known not to expect an offensive show on a day like Sunday was...shouldn't you? All I'm saying is that the first drive has nothing to do with the outcome...we're 14-0 in cas you forgot:rolleyes:

All I said was that Brady had a bad game. In comparison to what he has done before in bad weather games, he had a bad game. BUT I also said that it was partly due to the play calling and dropped passes/wrong routes, etc.

I don't think Brady sucks, I just think he didn't play all that well today and obviously the weather only made things a lot worse. Maybe I am a little too harsh on him...

You said several things, and you were, justifiably, called on them. Now, instead of admitting that you took things too far, you're trying to backtrack and act as if people misunderstood you. They didn't.

Some of your game thread quotes:

Can't even get a first down to run out the clock. Pathetic game. I know we won, but it was still a pathetic performanc

The reason I'm dissapointed is because this game was an EASY win, so I wanted to see the Pats beat the F out of the Rats. Instead I saw TB **** bricks and us not be able to close the game.

Brady is sucking big time today

Let's not be revisionist about our history now..... you were being ridiculously over the top for most of the game, and you carried it on during follow up threads. Acting the part of a martyr is just silly at this point given posts like that.

Ok, I was being too harsh. I admit it. I was frustrated with the game.

Last edited:
Well then, you should have known not to expect an offensive show on a day like Sunday was...shouldn't you? All I'm saying is that the first drive has nothing to do with the outcome...we're 14-0 in cas you forgot:rolleyes:

I'm just saying I know my team. It doesn't take me long to know how we are going to play the game. Sometimes it effects the outcome, sometimes it don't. Like I said in my first post, we have a team that is good enough to win whether we have it or not. We are just that good. That's why we are 14-0. We can come into a game not looking to good, but beable to get it together enough to pull out a victory, like today. Yes, the bad weather had effected the game, but the bad weather has nothing to do with bad communication, and lack of focus.

You said several things, and you were, justifiably, called on them. Now, instead of admitting that you took things too far, you're trying to backtrack and act as if people misunderstood you. They didn't.

Some of your game thread quotes:

Let's not be revisionist about our history now..... you were being ridiculously over the top for most of the game, and you carried it on during follow up threads. Acting the part of a martyr is just silly at this point given posts like that.
Meh, it happens on every board dude. (hopefully he|she is) Young, impetuous, and lacking perspective.

NE has 3 rings and is currently 14-0. When is the last time the team did that? :D

I know I know, but I have an insatiable thirst for beatdowns...

I know I know, but I have an insatiable thirst for beatdowns...
Ya, understood. But as a pats fan you really ought to know that pulling out a close one in the SB BLOWS DOORS on crushing an opponent during the reg season. Especially when the top seed in the playoffs is already assured.

The pats didn't expend all that much energy yesterday and that's what you want. If NE can win it's remaining 2 games in the same way? Pfft, that would be almost ridiculous!

i have read some of the funniest posts ever here. when black glass said that this thread made nsa sound lucid i nearly lost it. but bolt fan is killing me as well. you sound like a wishful thinking charger girl. your team has ZERO chance of beating the pats. Z-E-R-0 !! you can talk about opening doors and closing doors, none of that matters. your team sucks. that's all there is to it. your team has NO shot of beating the pats and i will put a guarantee right here. NO SHOT !!! your scrubs can go to all the pro bowls and do all their steroid induced commercials all they want. we will kick your ass in the playoffs. this is one of the pleasures of the nfl.
Sigh. You may very well be right. I need to wait and see what I can see. If SD is fortunate enough to meet NE at the razor this season, i'm sure we'll have an occasion to debate the subject again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe