PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a pathetic performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

This game demonstrates two things clearly

1. Pats is NOT the greatest offense ever.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

How, in your estimation, did the Pats ever get to 14-0?

I'm utterly shocked at the number of Azzhole {supposed} Pats fans this game has brought out. Shocking.

as usual, you are a breath of fresh air. :rolleyes:

You now own the two most memorable posts of 2007

America needs more abortions
Brady will cost the Patriots in the playoffs.

ladies and Gentleman, we give you PF1996 :)

Yes, a true Mental Midget!!!

Here's a TIP - why don't you go back to 1996 when you realized wisdom and revel in those glory days instead of coming down so hard on the current team?

Here's another TIP - keep aside the stats and realize that we played a division rival coached by our ex-defensive coach who might be very well aware of the strengths/weakness of our various schemes and realizes that the weather give him the luxury of not giving that much importance to our greatest threats - the long bombs. So, there might be a lot more going on TB's mind than normal, which lead him to being extra cautious which in turn lead to some poor decisions.

Here's the final TIP - this is the first time this season that we relied on our running game so much; so, there are bound to be areas which need to be worked on, and a bad weather like this isn't exactly the favored background to change the offensive strategy that was executed in the last 13 games.

So, if you are a true fan, be glad that we have a strong running game to build upon as an extra weapon during the playoffs.

If you want to rant and ridicule our team, by all means do so at the Jets site because that it will perk you to find every Jets fan agreeing with you and cheer you.

More idiotic excuses. Doesn't Belichick also "know the Jets", "know Mangini", blah, freaking blah? Isn't Belichick the "greatest coach of all time". Doesn't this mean that the PATS, not the JETs should have had an "advantage of familiarity", an advantage that should have been multiplied by having SUPERIOR TALENT?

Have the Pats NEVER THROWN SHORT PASSES? This wouldn't have taken a "change in offensive strategy" (ignoring the fact that it SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFENSIVE STRATEGY considering the conditions were known in advance), but simply taken a WILLINGNESS BY BRADY to TAKE WHAT THE DEFENSE WAS GIVING. Was it Brady being "extra cautious" that made him throw to a COVERED MOSS when there were OPEN RECEIVERS underneath?

Give me a frigging break with these ridiculous excuses. At least come up with something PLAUSIBLE.

P.S. - LMAO @ "strong running game". The Jets are 30th in the league in rush defense, giving up an average of 142 yards per game. The "greatest offense ever" could only manage 131 yards, a full 11 yards below the Jets average. You homers are unreal. :rofl: :rofl:

I agree totally. Brady is a primary reason for the Pats poor offensive showing today and it's because he refuses to simply take the short stuff AND is obsessed with going long to Moss even if the coverage is there. This will cost us dearly in the playoffs if he doesn't stop it.

The other thing that will cost us dearly in the playoffs is the UNIMAGINATIVE and IDIOTIC playcalling. This Pats O is incredibly predictable which is why average to good defenses can stop us.

This game demonstrates two things clearly

1. Pats is NOT the greatest offense ever.

2. Brady is NOT the best QB ever or even currently. That title clearly belongs to Manning who performs well against good defenses (see Baltimore)

One positive thing from this game is that the defense played much better against the run (even though it was against the Jets). The secondary is still terrible and there were too many missed tackles up front but it's better than the last two weeks.

You are an idiot. To even respond to your assertions about chokeboy would lower the intelligence level of this forum.

More idiotic excuses. Doesn't Belichick also "know the Jets", "know Mangini", blah, freaking blah? Isn't Belichick the "greatest coach of all time". Doesn't this mean that the PATS, not the JETs should have had an "advantage of familiarity", an advantage that should have been multiplied by having SUPERIOR TALENT?

Have the Pats NEVER THROWN SHORT PASSES? This wouldn't have taken a "change in offensive strategy" (ignoring the fact that it SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFENSIVE STRATEGY considering the conditions were known in advance), but simply taken a WILLINGNESS BY BRADY to TAKE WHAT THE DEFENSE WAS GIVING. Was it Brady being "extra cautious" that made him throw to a COVERED MOSS when there were OPEN RECEIVERS underneath?

Give me a frigging break with these ridiculous excuses. At least come up with something PLAUSIBLE.

P.S. - LMAO @ "strong running game". The Jets are 30th in the league in rush defense, giving up an average of 142 yards per game. The "greatest offense ever" could only manage 131 yards, a full 11 yards below the Jets average. You homers are unreal. :rofl: :rofl:

"Excuses" for what?? The Patriots won the game 20-10.

P.S. - LMAO @ "strong running game". The Jets are 30th in the league in rush defense, giving up an average of 142 yards per game. The "greatest offense ever" could only manage 131 yards, a full 11 yards below the Jets average. You homers are unreal.

S**t troll, I thought you are a regular fan and attempted to point out other issues to be kept in mind instead of morbidly mocking at BB and the team over a sloppy W. My bad. :bricks:

Go easy with the negativity and hot blood sweetheart. Your face will soon be etched with the constant sneer and snarl if you continue at this pace :D

Just three points and let's see if you continue to bash the team:

- as I mentioned in another thread (and did not include it here), IMO, not only was Brady 'extra cautious' but got fixated on trying to throw everything to Moss and Moss only. I initially thought it could be an attempt to oversell his 'dependance' on Moss so that he can fake such throws (to Moss) in the later drives and quickly go to the other receivers but what do I know? So, yeah, in addition to making him cautious, the Jet's schemes also look to have blindslided his vision many times. Quite agree but nothing shocking in it to ridicule TB and our offensive team that badly.

- just see the game again and see how well the Jets covered Welker and took away a lot of the short passes. They did a great job. And while you are at it, make note of the players and you will find that Kyle Brady was taken out quite early and replaced by a TE who was signed earlier this week. And without Watson, this might have had a significant impact on the short passes/blocking that we intended to use, especially in this weather.

- Lastly, just because a team has a pathetic record in the previous games, it doesn't mean that they will continue to demonstrate it in the current game. So, the Jets might have a stinking run D but might have worked extra to fix it in this game because they know that we will rely on our running game this week due to the weather. So yeah, I insist the our running game is actually 'strong' (didn't say great) and I mentioned that this is something that we can work on for the latter games. Guess you were too busy to read that portion.

And, go easy on the CAPs will ya? No need to scream after the game. Of course, this doesn't apply if you are indeed a troll who is mad that the Pats won today. :)

Last edited:
This board absoulutely sucks now. We are in the middle of the greatest season we have ever seen and we can barely enjoy it becuase of all the @ssholes that don't know Sh!t about football!!

Thanks to all of you jerkoffs that ****ed up what was the best place for Patriot fans to come and discuss the team and talk real football. You know the X's and O's of the game, now this place is worse than a soap opera.

Last edited:
Everyone go back and read our first Jets Gameday thread, where PF1996 says we will lose to the Chargers and makes other dire predictions. Then laugh heartily.

You don't see this sh*thead posting unless he has something stupid to say about the team.

Unbelievable......an off game for the Offense and PF wants to mail it in..... some people just look for crap all the time.

"What I expect from a "great team's offense" or "the greatest offense of all time" is EFFICIENCY when facing a HORRIBLE DEFENSE with ONE element to contend against. Particularly when it's likely to encouter said element in the playoffs against MUCH BETTER defenses. The Jets have the 27th ranked offense, were playing against the 4th ranked defense, lost their STARTING QB AND were playing in the same weather conditions as the Pats and yet THEIR OFFENSIVE OUTPUT didn't decline by over 100 yards. The Jets total yards today was a mere 60 yards less than their season's average. The Pats #1 offense, which is supposedly the "greatest ever", playing against the 28th ranked defense, with supposedly the "greatest QB ever" and the "greatest WR ever" could only manage a palty 265 yards, a full 160 YARDS below their season average. The Pats got a gift TD from the special teams. Their offense actually came up with 6 points against a TERRIBLE D. This isn't the "greatest offense ever". It's just an offense that plays well against poor defenses and struggles to score against good defenses. I'll take the 2004 offense over this shoddy inconsistent crew any day."

So you expect the Patriots offense to never have a bad game....never to score under 38 points a game....Brady to continue on this torrid pace and never have a QB rating under 120... remain at a 9-1 TD/INT ratio...always complete 70% of his passes....etc etc etc. You are a homer who has been deluded by an incredible season. Your an idiot.

Last edited:

Dude!.......

Everyone go back and read our first Jets Gameday thread, where PF1996 says we will lose to the Chargers and makes other dire predictions. Then laugh heartily.

You don't see this sh*thead posting unless he has something stupid to say about the team.

Thanks! Wish you had posted before I responded in length! :)

Let me put that fruitcake in my ignore list. Thanks,

Sometimes I wish we weren't undefeated just so we won't have so many bandwagoners around here. Oh God make it stop.

he's a troll....no fan thinks like that

This board absoulutely sucks now. We are in the middle of the greatest season we have ever seen and we can barely enjoy it becuase of all the @ssholes that don't know Sh!t about football!!

Thanks to all of you jerkoffs that ****ed up what was the best place for Patriot fans to come and discuss the team and talk real football. You know the X's and O's of the game, now this place is worse than a soap opera.

BEST POST OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

We didn't get this one today, had the Browns, nobody knew where the endzone was because of the snow game.

Bad or not we won and when you win not playing well (if we even were crap, I aint seen it to make up my own mind yet) it shows you alot more than what blowing teams out does. I really think fans have been spoiled this season and it shows by these rediculous threads. Your not going to blow teams out every game.

We won, still undefeated, teams mostly healthy and it's christmas. Pretty hard to believe some members seem to need antidepressants to get by.

Unbelievable......an off game for the Offense and PF wants to mail it in..... some people just look for crap all the time.

"What I expect from a "great team's offense" or "the greatest offense of all time" is EFFICIENCY when facing a HORRIBLE DEFENSE with ONE element to contend against. Particularly when it's likely to encouter said element in the playoffs against MUCH BETTER defenses. The Jets have the 27th ranked offense, were playing against the 4th ranked defense, lost their STARTING QB AND were playing in the same weather conditions as the Pats and yet THEIR OFFENSIVE OUTPUT didn't decline by over 100 yards. The Jets total yards today was a mere 60 yards less than their season's average. The Pats #1 offense, which is supposedly the "greatest ever", playing against the 28th ranked defense, with supposedly the "greatest QB ever" and the "greatest WR ever" could only manage a palty 265 yards, a full 160 YARDS below their season average. The Pats got a gift TD from the special teams. Their offense actually came up with 6 points against a TERRIBLE D. This isn't the "greatest offense ever". It's just an offense that plays well against poor defenses and struggles to score against good defenses. I'll take the 2004 offense over this shoddy inconsistent crew any day."

So you expect the Patriots offense to never have a bad game....never to score under 38 points a game....Brady to continue on this torrid pace and never have a QB rating under 120... remain at a 9-1 TD/INT ratio...always complete 70% of his passes....etc etc etc. You are a homer who has been deluded by an incredible season. Your an idiot.

Ah, yes. Construct a strawman - the last resort defense of the homer when their pitiful excuses have been shreded.

I expect the supposed "greatest offense of all time" to perform at least at an AVERAGE LEVEL when playing against a terrible defense. At the very least, I certainly don't expect the "greatest QB ever" to be outperformed by a "weak armed QB". I understand that such logical thinking is difficult for a homer to comprehend so feel free to continue to enjoy the view from your homer glasses. Luckily Belichick isn't a homer so there's still hope that this inconsistent offense can be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes