PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to our world, Cowboys fans

The way those 2 would have handled the original complaint to the league about Deflategate vs how Goodell did is night and day. No one would have ever heard about it publicly. A phone call to the Pats would have ended it.
Possibly true if Rozelle, despite his agreement with Don Foola about how the snow plow was the worst thing ever blah...

Tagliabue (b. Jersey City, NYU School of Law) was Roger's predecessor - and mentor.

He was the one who coined the declaration, "The Patriots damaged the league", even if it wasn't stated directly to the media. The groundswell of anti-Patriot bias grew like the Blob into a tidal wave under Tagliabue's direction.

I can count LOTS of other franchises with financially troubled owners, crumbling stadiums and rebuilding 1-15 and 2-14 seasons. The league and media took turns in the 80's and 90's trying to top each other in denigrating the Patriots. When it was Cleveland, it was "Oh my gosh, let's do something to help and save the Browns!!"

We're coming up on the tenth anniversary of Goodell-Gate I. Your statement about Goodell-Gate II is completely, equally accurate in assessing the first incarnation also.

During the deflategate ordeal, I visited (and contributed to) several opposing fans' websites. I don't think any of them match the hatred and derision shown Tom Brady than that of Cowboys fans. (Maybe the Steelers fans did, but at least they have a reason to hate us.)

So now I can say I am thoroughly enjoying the weeping and wailing coming from Cowboys fans regarding the potential suspension of one of their own: Ezekiel Elliott.

The whining about how the Mara's control the league, how unfair this all is, and how they should sue the league if Elliott is indeed suspended. The idiocy/hypocrisy is hilarious... I wish my old account was still active, so I'll just have to repost here.... comments such as:

"Lawyer up. time to get lace them up and take on the NFL" ... "someone needs to finally take the league to court as it's complete BS." (LOLOL!!! uh, someone did take the league to court)

"If he's suspended one game we clearly know who's involved." (the people who thought it was perfectly fair for the Jets to lead an investigation into us aren't happy that the Giants have a lot of sway in NY)

"I have no idea why some on this board thinks the league can suspend someone for no reason. That is not how it works and players have protection from such things as this." (get ready for a huge disappointment, my friend)

"If Zeke is suspended, the league can suspend a player based off a disproven accusation." (no ****, Sherlock)

"I don't see how an arbitrator would not turn over any discipline handed down by the league if Zeke pushed it but I'm not versed on the CBA like all the lawyers." ... "Zeke has a right to appeal" ... "If you get suspended for something you didn't do, I would think [an appeal] highly winnable." (this is an excellent point. Unfortunately, if he chooses, Goodell will hear the appeal himself)

I also hope Jerry calls Bob for help.......
BTW, courts can't help since the precedent was setBlank Cheque.jpg

LOL!! 6 games for Elliott - and countless whine from the Cowboys fans how they are being treated so unfairly and the only people upset is their own fanbase!!

Welcome to our world, Cowboys fans!!

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones is said to be furious with NFL decision, per one source. Furious.

11:33 AM - Aug 11, 2017

Awwwww.............. that's a shame............ :D:D:D:D:D

LOL!! 6 games for Elliott - and countless whine from the Cowboys fans how they are being treated so unfairly and the only people upset is their own fanbase!!

Welcome to our world, Cowboys fans!!

But the only fanbase upset is NOT just the Cowboys. While I think Jerry Jones is richly deserving of this, I don't think their average fan is.

The Pats and Saints fan bases are not going to like this since both fan bases have endured unreasonable punishments for questionable/dubious offenses.

I can only hope Cowboys fans can come around to reality now if they felt the Pats punishments were justified.

It's so adorable how the Cowboys fans think they stand a chance in court!! I mean, it's like they have no clue what happened over the past 2 years and how a Federal Appeals Court (that's the level right below the USSC) said Goodell can do whatever he wants.

No really, I feel your pain Cowboys!!! :D:D:D:D

But the only fanbase upset is NOT just the Cowboys. While I think Jerry Jones is richly deserving of this, I don't think their average fan is.

The Pats and Saints fan bases are not going to like this since both fan bases have endured unreasonable punishments for questionable/dubious offenses.

I can only hope Cowboys fans can come around to reality now if they felt the Pats punishments were justified.
I surf a lot of fan websites. Not all of 'em, but several of them. It is a good source of team/league info.

Outside DFW, I don't see any fanbase really upset about this. Yes, there are differing opinions; nothing on the internet is unanimous. So while Cowboys fans are frothing at the mouth, there just isn't any real anger coming from NY/NJ, ****tsburgh, Miami, Arizona, Philly....

Cowboys fans fully believe they are getting 100% screwed, but don't understand why no one else cares. Sure reminds me an awful lot of us circa 2015/2016.

It's so adorable how the Cowboys fans think they stand a chance in court!! I mean, it's like they have no clue what happened over the past 2 years and how a Federal Appeals Court (that's the level right below the USSC) said Goodell can do whatever he wants.

No really, I feel your pain Cowboys!!! :D:D:D:D
Your average cowboys fan isn't very bright, nor objective.

Come to think of it, that's most sports fans... nevermind.

That punk Elliot should have his pr!ck chopped off....piece of excrement woman beater needs a bat to the face

Sorry, dup post. Internet lag.

i dont like the title of this thread. brady was screwed over for nothing. elliott and the cowboys deserve what they are getting. the thought of jerry jones all upset about this cracks me up. karma is a ***** jerry.

That punk Elliot should have his pr!ck chopped off....piece of excrement woman beater needs a bat to the face
Not saying he didn't do it for sure, but the court wasn't able to produce enough evidence that he committed DV. That's what makes this even richer for me considering how Cowboys fans celebrated Brady getting ****ed.

Not saying he didn't do it for sure, but the court wasn't able to produce enough evidence that he committed DV. That's what makes this even richer for me considering how Cowboys fans celebrated Brady getting ****ed.

six times alleged but no evidence? hey look, what a deal! you wanna buy it?...

puente%20brooklyn.jpg

puente%20brooklyn.jpg
Reading is fundamental, my man. Go put on your bifocals and read my post again... slowly.

No comparison. May the 31 rot in hell.
Your right, it sounds like elliot actually Did something where as the case against brady and the pats was completely fabricated.

That's surprising. I've met a lot of Cowboys fans (my wife and her family, for example) and they didn't seem to have any more Brady hate than other teams. Much less than Raider fans (I live in Oakland so plenty of examples every time I go out in Patriots gear). Also Ravens, Jets, Dolphins...

Not saying you're wrong, just surprising to me.

Also it's pretty funny how those quotes mirror what we were saying in 2015, almost verbatim...
nothing warms my heart quite like Raider fan hate for the Patriots. It's been 16 ****ing years and their rage is still burning hot.

puente%20brooklyn.jpg

That sounds suspiciously like "the Pats have a history of cheating, and we all know that where there's smoke there's fire" type talk.

I have no opinion on whether or not he did it. He certainly may have: everything I've seen from the guy suggests that at a minimum he's an immature, aggressive meathead. But to date there is more publicly available evidence suggesting he was the victim of an extortion attempt than that he's actually guilty of anything. Which again, doesn't mean he *was* the victim of an extortion attempt. Just means that it's probably ill-advised to be forming any kind of conclusion for or against him based on what little any of us know.

six times extortion attempts? sounds like a little mental dwarf using lame rationalizations to excuse the obvious...like almost all woman beaters."she was hysterical...I HAD to beat her brains out for her own good.."...so, Dallas AG doesn't find "enough evidence six times in a row"....season ticket holder, huh?

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back