PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have a very realistic shot of winning this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh yes

I remember a few short weeks ago how the mighty Ravens absolutely lit up the Jaguars.

Very impressive offensive display indeed.

Jags have the 5th ranked defense.

Yep

That terrifying Jaguars D has shut down just about everyone.

Hey the Jets only put up 32 on them. And we all know how insanely good the Jets offense is.

I've been nervous all week before the last two games. Not saying I'm Nostradamus and I could see a loss coming before it happens. Just saying that I was nervous about how we looked against Dallas and how we would look against better defenses in Pittsburgh and the Gints. As it turns out, the offense has had it's up's and down's and has made it's share of uncharacteristic mistakes. This week again, we're going up against a good defense, but this time I'm not as nervous as I was against the Steelers and the Gints. A couple of reasons why...

No offense but I stopped reading here, I feel the same way (nervous two weeks but not really now), but its pretty simple. The team doesn't lose three straight, just doesn't happen, if they do especially to the Jets then they are a joke, which they are not.

Not only that but you have nothing to be nervous about, we have lost all the streaks, Brady is well behind in the MVP race, the top seed isn't coming back for awhile if at all, nobody respects us (fans, power rankings etc.) and you get the point. Defense has played like crap, same with offense. Can't go down from here, so who the hell cares, there is nothing to lose here imo.

Jags have the 5th ranked defense.

==========================================

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Hmm...We can't seem to find that

Week 9 DVOA Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Schatz
Believe it or not, this is only the second time in the 20-year history of DVOA that the New York Jets are number one. I went back through our spreadsheet of "DVOA as it developed each week" and the only other week the Jets would have been number one was Week 4 of 1993, when they were 2-1 with 40.2% DVOA.

Sorry guys, I just don't see it. Something is wrong with this team. Maybe the constant defensive letdowns at the end of games finally broke my spirit, I don't know. The Jets will punch us in the mouth and we will turn the other cheek and keep running Woodhead HB draws on 3rd and long. God do I hope I am wrong.

I'll still be watching and cheering, but I have tempered my expectations way back. Making the playoffs would be great, just because anyone has a shot at that point. But I am not even certain we make the playoffs.

Yep

That terrifying Jaguars D has shut down just about everyone.

Hey the Jets only put up 32 on them. And we all know how insanely good the Jets offense is.

This is a case when the score is so misleading. The Jets offense did nothing that day. The Jets scored 32 because L. McCown threw 4 picks and played probably the worst football I have ever seen from a QB. He did not belong on the field that day.

Sometimes you actually have to watch the games instead of looking at stats. The Jacksonville defense is nasty.

Sorry guys, I just don't see it. Something is wrong with this team. Maybe the constant defensive letdowns at the end of games finally broke my spirit, I don't know. The Jets will punch us in the mouth and we will turn the other cheek and keep running Woodhead HB draws on 3rd and long. God do I hope I am wrong.

I'll still be watching and cheering, but I have tempered my expectations way back. Making the playoffs would be great, just because anyone has a shot at that point. But I am not even certain we make the playoffs.

I hope to see you back in this thread next week. :D

Cheer up....

If there's one team in the NFL that should get the Patriots blood boiling, it's the Rats.

Cheer up....

If there's one team in the NFL that should get the Patriots blood boiling, it's the Rats.

That's the exact reason I expect us to win. This offense, Brady in particular, just won't make these same types of boneheaded mistakes three weeks in a row either. If he does, it's time to say sayonara to the dynasty years and look "forward" to the decline.

We should win it based on matchups.

Then again same could have been said about the division playoffs last year until we were punched in the mouth

He's sorely missed, at least by me.
Think you're almost alone in that sentiment. Our secondary is a mess, but Meriweather was just an a**hole, and a total dumbass... did you ever hear him speak? Good riddance.

Last edited:
If he does, it's time to say sayonara to the dynasty years and look "forward" to the decline.
More like look forward to the 2012 NFL Draft and pray that Belichick selects a truck load of defensive players.

the New England Patriots will have practically no chance of beating the New York Jets on the road..

You are a fan?

Have faith! ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

The Patriots also have a very realistic chance at losing Sunday night, then they play KC who's won four of five, and it'll probably be five of six as they host Denver. There are eight games left and I truly think the team's staring 4-4 in the face, especially given how they've FAILED to execute in KEY end of game situations the last two weeks. After Dallas I thought they were getting back to the Super Bowl era - playing alot of close games and making CLUTCH plays on both sides of the ball to win in the end. But, that went missing against Pittsburgh and the NYG.
As some have said, this game Sunday is THE SEASON. Will it be like 94 when the team was DOA and they beat Minnesota, who came into Foxboro as one of the hottest teams in the league and the Pats won and went onto win 7 straight? Will it be like 01 when the 5-5 Patriots hosted New Orleans, beat them, and went undefeated the rest of the way? Or....will we have something like 02 when the Patriots held their destiny in their hands and got blown out by the NYJ AT HOME and Tennessee on the road, thus making them rely on other teams to make the playoffs?
This game is the season. Hopefully Brady plays a near perfect game and they pull it out...it's going to be hard, because you know the NYJ will be full of bluster and bravado - just hope they don't back it up...again

this game Sunday is THE SEASON.

Certainly not..... Winning the division has only meant early playoff exits as of late. This team needs a little adversity. A little desperation. While I would not enjoy a loss to the JEST, I wouldn't mind seeing them circle the wagons and get some of their edge back.

if the jets defensive game-plan from a personnel standpoint is similar to the one employed last time, the patriots would be prudent to feature a run-heavy attack.

throwing too often against a sea of defensive backs (especially revis and co.) would be rather folly, unless they had the misfortune to be down by a lot of points early on...

Cheer up....

This team flatlined pretty quick against the Rats last year in the playoffs. After a full week of Ryan and company talking junk, I expected a full 60 minute brawl, but what we got instead after the first quarter were a bunch of guys scared of the moment.

What makes you think it'll be any different in this game? I'll tell you this, if we get down big early, it's gonna take some mental fortitude to come back in what I'm sure will be a hostile environment. It's something that was lacking in Pittsburgh.

Don't want to be a douche, but... :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes