PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have a very realistic shot of winning this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats of 2001 - 2010 (minus 2002 and 2009) definitely win this upcoming game. They were the best at taking a beating and then coming back with a vengeful ass-kicking just when everyone lost faith in them. Does this 2011 team have the stones to do the same? I doubt it, but I'm praying they do.

Add James Sanders to the list as well. Patriots fans forget his key interception against Peyton Manning with the game on the line last year.

Between Sanders, Meriweather, Butler, Wilhite, etc., I think we can all agree in general that BB cutting half the secondary during the preseason so he could keep some useless DE/OLBs on the team was pretty stupid.

Between Sanders, Meriweather, Butler, Wilhite, etc., I think we can all agree in general that BB cutting half the secondary during the preseason so he could keep some useless DE/OLBs on the team was pretty stupid.

hindsight is 20/20....when Meriweather was released, most of this board was pretty happy with the move

playing the way they have the last 3 games, no....they don't have a chance to win this game

playing the way they have the last 3 games, no....they don't have a chance to win this game

Its funny because I am live here in New York and heard a few intereviews with some Giant players like Tuck and Rolle and they said this was a huge win, because they felt the Patriots were still a great team, and that they all needed to play their best to pull the game out.

A.Rolle just said this was one his biggest wins ever because he said the Pats are a first clase team.

I know we are not a great team, but maybe the Pats didn't play as bad as everyone thinks. Yes, there were mistakes like the picks and stupid PI penalty on Brown, but I think a lot had to do with the Giants.

I don't make predictions often, but I would basically guarantee we win this game.

4. Even though they had a relatively good game against Buffalo this past week, the Jets' run defense is still an issue. It will most likely be an issue all year long just as our pass defense will most likely be an issue against better teams. The Pats showed last time that they can run the ball down this team's throat and B.O.B. should do so. Going to the air more often than they need to will just put the offense in position to stall. The Jets' secondary is too good to throw anymore than 60% of the game. Give them a good dose of Green-Ellis and Ridley then change it up with Woodhead. This will also set up the play action where we can catch the Jets when they're sitting in the zone, creating big play opportunities for Welker who will otherwise be getting shadowed/interfered with by Revis. 60/40 pass to run ratio is the way to go in this one.

This is the key to the game, IMO. Unfortunately, I think BJGE's turf toe is going to limit his effectiveness so they really need Ridley primed and ready to execute this gameplan.

I expect Revis to lock Welker down (like he did in the previous game when playing man on him), so Brady better be comfortable throwing to everyone else.

Regards,
Chris

Its funny because I am live here in New York and heard a few intereviews with some Giant players like Tuck and Rolle and they said this was a huge win, because they felt the Patriots were still a great team, and that they all needed to play their best to pull the game out.

A.Rolle just said this was one his biggest wins ever because he said the Pats are a first clase team.

This further fuels my belief they're going to have a big letdown game in SF this weekend.

Regards,
Chris

As has been said running the ball will be the key for this offense. If teams are going to man up on the outside I would like to see this team get back to it's screen game. Use that man coverage to create voids to slide backs into. Take advantage of their aggressive nature.

I think we have a realistic shot at winning every time we take the field.. this week is no exception.

There is a lot of motivation on all levels to make a statement on Sunday, whether they have the horses to pull it off is another question..

Find the love for Meriweather amusing, all last year there were negative comments about his play, in June he was convicted in this forum and was awaiting sentencing for murder, now in Chicago he watches from the bench.

Hindsight is 20-20....

Most of the people who have been critical of the Meriweather cut over the past couple of weeks (myself, Kontra, and Deus, for starters) were pretty vocally against it when it happened, and have defended him from a lot of criticism on this site. A bunch of other people not liking him doesn't make my viewpoint inconsistent- I've been saying the same thing since the day he was cut.

hindsight is 20/20....when Meriweather was released, most of this board was pretty happy with the move

I never said it wasn't hindsight, just saying that at this point the general consensus is that cutting half the secondary was dumb. I agree that wasn't the feeling when they were initially cut.

hopefully BOB doesn't abandon the run in this game or go shotgun 80% of the time.

hahaha... this thread is hilarious. Patriots have about a 2% chance of getting past the jets ravens steelers and packers for the superbowl.

hahaha... this thread is hilarious. Patriots have about a 2% chance of getting past the jets ravens steelers and packers for the superbowl.

The Packers, maybe. Their offense would light us up like a Christmas tree. But there's too much parity in the AFC to dismiss the Patriots at this point. There is no clear cut King of the AFC at this point. We're all just beating each other.

Well, The jets aint going to the playoffs so that shouldnt be a problem.

The Packers, maybe. Their offense would light us up like a Christmas tree. But there's too much parity in the AFC to dismiss the Patriots at this point. There is no clear cut King of the AFC at this point. We're all just beating each other.

What wins time and time again in the playoffs??? Defense. And if you're pointing to offense, Heck even the steelers and ravens have better offenses than the patriots now.

Well, The jets aint going to the playoffs so that shouldnt be a problem.

If they lose to the jets on sunday, the jets are making the playoffs.

Hell whos gonna cover andre johnson in playoffs?

Add James Sanders to the list as well. Patriots fans forget his key interception against Peyton Manning with the game on the line last year.

His pick six against Roethlisberger last year bring back nice memories too.

What wins time and time again in the playoffs??? Defense. And if you're pointing to offense, Heck even the steelers and ravens have better offenses than the patriots now.

Ahh yes

I remember a few short weeks ago how the mighty Ravens absolutely lit up the Jaguars.

Very impressive offensive display indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back