PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are no longer allowed to make fun of the Jets

Pretty good thread title. I had a similar thought brewing watching the game, but for me it's more like, no, we can't... and that's a bad thing but a normal thing too.

EVERY team, it seems, has those moments of pure suckitude... the butt fumble was still worse, and is still more a capping glory on a half-century of sucking, in the JETE case. But this was a moment of pure shambolic suck.

I am going to go looking for some info, but not too hard, as I'm on a deadline and have some other responsibilities... maybe not today, next couple days for sure though. I want to see what the coaching staff says about it.

This hasn't been a good season for the O, and pretty soon we'll be able to just say it WAS not, past tense. BB wants to do this mainly with an incredible D, that's been the direction for a few years and was my prediction at the end of the Brady era. But along the way to that outcome we've had disasters at O-line, a collapse in '22 at QB, and a rapid-tempo corrosion of "culcha."

The last piece is what hit me hard. The inestimably sucky idea of reverting to that playground **** was somebody's brainchild. I'll read here first then look around. I want to know whose. I really hope it's Mac completing his prima donna "screw you" vibe from the beginning of the game. If that was all Bill or Matt's idea that's a whole other level.

I said during the game when guys were *****ing about the non explosive, grind it out game, this is who we are now. Great D, enough O to win. That was before we did our version of the buttfumble. No, in some ways worse. Some idiot, BB, Patricia, Mac, whoever.... came up with the brilliant idea of "let's take these tiny percentage chance gambles with a high likelihood of a turnover... instead of play OT." The butt fumble was a mistake... we did this **** on purpose.

If that came from the top, I'm sorry, BB is not okay. Maybe he will be okay back at the NYG mothership again or something, but something in NE has snapped if he's calling that **** on purpose, and it's gone beyond what prevagen can fix.

Er, looking around now...

Thats all I got for right now. I really hope this didn't come from Bill.

I said during the game when guys were *****ing about the non explosive, grind it out game, this is who we are now. Great D, enough O to win. That was before we did our version of the buttfumble. No, in some ways worse. Some idiot, BB, Patricia, Mac, whoever.... came up with the brilliant idea of "let's take these tiny percentage chance gambles with a high likelihood of a turnover... instead of play OT." The butt fumble was a mistake... we did this **** on purpose.
The two idiots who came up with the lateral to nowhere play were Rham and Jakobi. Patricia or whoever called the initial draw play told Rham to just get down if nothing's there. Both he and Jakobi had other plans, apparently. That last play was all on the players and not the coaches.

Well, at least the fake punt in Indy isn't the worse play in football history anymore.
No. Remember that Colts actually practiced that play. Nothing is worse than that.

Also, the Colts just lost a game they were leading 33-0.

So at least we are still better than the Colts :excited:

Meh, I’ll make fun of the stanky jeets until the day I die, regardless. Probably hear my ghost making fun of them if you listen hard enough.

Yesterday was a momentary lapse of judgment, The jete stench and suck has been ongoing for more than fifty years, so i'll continue my quest to expose jest suckage

Last edited:
Colts need a new banner:

"2022 Most embarrassing loss of the season finalist"

The two idiots who came up with the lateral to nowhere play were Rham and Jakobi. Patricia or whoever called the initial draw play told Rham to just get down if nothing's there. Both he and Jakobi had other plans, apparently. That last play was all on the players and not the coaches.
That seems to be what Jakobi is saying to everybody who will listen. Thank God. If that was somebody's idea of "situational football," they would be too out of touch to preach their own gospel.

I don't even know what to say about this. The Rham play is also bad but, given his otherwise standout performance, could be (wince) forgiven. Jakobi should know better.

I hope there's some "what were you thinking" and "Why TF would they think that" followup going on too.

But to coin a phrase, I'm on to Cincinnati.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back