PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel traded to KC, compensation still unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vrabel traded to KC

Part of a Cassel deal perhaps?

Undisclosed Draft Pick according to Rotoworld.

Here's a link. Terms not known yet:

NFL.com Blogs Adam Schefter

I'm in shock. The end of an era. May be a good move, but still it feels like someone died.

I agree. As much as I like Vrabel for all that he has done for this franchise, we all have to admit that we needed to upgrade at that position.

Anyone who claims they saw Vrabel being traded is down right lying. And its not like he had a tremendous cap hit either. Only 4.3 million. And trading him saves the Pats about 3 million.

You're right, I predicted that he would be CUT for the cap savings. Getting any value for him at all is a bonus. Sounds like a win-win move for both the Pats and KC.

Everyone keeps saying "get younger and faster on defense". Here you go. I'll miss Vrabel for sure but NFL fans have to get used to players moving on.

We must be going pick up some Lbs draft AND FA

I loved Vrabel class guy. Probably a coach when retires

My gut instinct is that nobody should be expecting too much in return. Much as we all love Mike, he'll be 34 this summer.

Didn't see this one coming

Whatever pass rush we had just went down.

I've been saying Vrabel is a shell of his self since last year. This move doesnt surprise me one bit, I had predicted he would be outright cut. I am guessing we will get a 5th rounder for him. that sounds about right, maybe a 6th.

this may mean we are signing bodden, which is great.

I'll always love that dude.

The Patriots may have wanted him to take a pay cut. At

least they're getting something for him unlike Willie McGinest.

I'm betting it's a conditional pick in 2010.

Everyone keeps saying "get younger and faster on defense". Here you go. I'll miss Vrabel for sure but NFL fans have to get used to players moving on.

I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop on Jarvis Green now. Will he be restructured, cut, or traded? Vrabel was the one guy I was eyeing to go considering his detoriorating performance and age. I aptly compared his career arc to Willie McGinest and obviously the Pats were thinking along the same lines. Fortunately they were able to get something for him.

I'll always be thankful for what Vrable has done for this team. But obviously it looked about time for him to go. I think the rumored trade for Peppers has a lot of legs now. The Pats are seriously looking to upgrade their OLB position! A position that many posters on this board maintained needed no upgrading. Looks like the Pats think differently, huh? Let's plug in a passrush beast now and watch this defense come to life in 2009!

Last edited:

And you guys thought Vrabel getting cut wasn't a realistic move? Obviously the Pats wanted the cap savings. And at least they got some value in return instead of a straight out cut! Well this just confirms what I was thinking all along -- Vrabel is not worth the cap hit. Any reports yet on what the Pats got in return? I'm guessing a mid round pick.

*Raises hand* I predicted an outright cut. I'm thrilled to get some value in return for losing his salary. Nice. This move helps both the Pats and KC. Pats get a pick rather than nothing, and KC gets a guy that Pioli is familiar with and thinks can help their team.
Hood to pat yourself on the shoulder..but HE WAS NOT CUT!!! nice try though...similar...but again a trade..which is different...

Come on Reiss et al, get some info out for us.......

Hear is crazy theory for you.......

This really for Crable not Vrabel....

I am sticking with that until I hear what the compensation is :D

Clearing space for Peppers. :)

I just want it recorded in case it actually does happen... I think the Pats will end up with Suggs... maybe in a 3 way trade with SF and the Ravens.

ps. Vrabel was a great Patriot, funny guy and high character, I wish him luck. Someday we will see him coaching at The Ohio State University.

Last edited:

Thank you Mr. Vrabel for giving the Patriots everything you had while here and being a class-act all the way! Good luck in KC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes