Vinatieri Signs With Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

----T. S. Eliot

This is something that can never be undone. Never will there be peace between Indy and the Pats... This is war.

Pats#12 said:
Why the max exodus of Pat's vets? I know they are leaving for more $$, but it seems the Pats were able to convince these same players to stay for less money in the past. Why has this changed? Could BB be looking to leave soon?
they arent leaving, we are letting them go because they are old and overvalued.

letting AV go is a great move by the pats... no kicker is worth 3 bucks on the payroll... it hurts when someone we like, like AV gets canned, but it beats losing... AV was an Aging Vet, with a weak leg... he needed a dome to survive... BB recognized that... smart move.. BTW AV hasnt made a 50 yd kick in 4 years

Last edited:
this is truly a dark day.

PatsFan24 said:
this is truly a dark day.

You'll get over it. I can count the players on this team that we couldn't live without on one hand and Vinatieri is nowhere to be found.

BelichickFan said:
Time to see if that ****weed is on any of my screensaver pictures. Go to hell, Vinatieri.

Thats how you show your appreciation to a guy who only kicked you guys to a couple of super bowl victories?

You call him "****weed" and tell the guy to go to hell?

You're a real class act.

The Colts are Who They Are...

and championship material, they are not, Adam's presence notwithstanding...they look pretty in the regular season, enough to make CBS and SI gurgle with joy about their playoff prospects, but invariably, they return to form in January.

as for the Pats and who'll handle the kicking chores, we may have a shot at Mason Crosby from Colorado, who (even at altitude), can drill them from 65...and coming from Boulder where it's not always warm, he might be a good fit...think I'd prefer going that route over Vanderjoke or Edinger, or any of the other recycled PK's

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Thats how you show your appreciation to a guy who only kicked you guys to a couple of super bowl victories?

You call him "****weed" and tell the guy to go to hell?

You're a real class act.

You come into our house and tell us how to act after we get stabbed in the back (over pennies) by someone we treated like family? This was the ultimate betrayal.

Most of us see Adam for exactly what he is- a cheap, gutless prostitute. Who the hell are you tell us how to feel in this situation? People that bleed
Patriot blue.

You have no business talking about class. Go back to your Steeler forums.

well

vinatieriskickisgood said:
and championship material, they are not, Adam's presence notwithstanding...they look pretty in the regular season, enough to make CBS and SI gurgle with joy about their playoff prospects, but invariably, they return to form in January.

as for the Pats and who'll handle the kicking chores, we may have a shot at Mason Crosby from Colorado, who (even at altitude), can drill them from 65...and coming from Boulder where it's not always warm, he might be a good fit...think I'd prefer going that route over Vanderjoke or Edinger, or any of the other recycled PK's

Ya but isn't he a senior this year and not coming out till next year?

I have to say...where are all these idiots coming from? Crawling out of their caves...

AV is all about the money.

He IS just a kicker.

He will be missed...but...there are other kickers out there.

Now, if Belichick left...then it would be another story.

Then I would be VERY angry.

It'll be interesting what happens in the future.

Who looks like a good prospect for kicker?

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I have to say...where are all these idiots coming from? Crawling out of their caves...

AV is all about the money.

He IS just a kicker.

He will be missed...but...there are other kickers out there.

Now, if Belichick left...then it would be another story.

Then I would be VERY angry.

It'll be interesting what happens in the future.

Who looks like a good prospect for kicker?

Word is BB is bringing Doug Brien in for a look-see.

SoonerPatriot said:
So now the question becomes who replaces him?

Answer: Someone not as good.

Yet another position we will have in 2006 that isn't as strong as it was in 2005.

Hey, since you are so good at seeing the future, how about sharing the PowerBall numbers with everyone?

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
JUST A KICKER?????JUST A KICKER????
yea just a kicker that won us not 1, not 2 , BUT 3 GOD DAM SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!
just a kicker that is the most clutch kicker IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!
its time for lobel to hit the panic button

Actually, Vinatieri didn't win the Pats 3 SBs. He only won 2 of them. The 3rd one doesn't count because the Pats had a 10 point lead over the Eagles.

DaBruinz said:
Hey, since you are so good at seeing the future, how about sharing the PowerBall numbers with everyone?

DaB you'd be the last person I'd share them with.

But seriously, Im relieved that someone like you can see into the future and apparently you see we will sign a kicker better than AV. I can sleep tonight.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
DaB you'd be the last person I'd share them with.

But seriously, Im relieved that someone like you can see into the future and apparently you see we will sign a kicker better than AV. I can sleep tonight.

Sooner -
Now you are just making garbage up. Typical for someone who has nothing to offer.

I never said that the Patriots would sign a better kicker than AV. However, for you to act like there has never been a kicker better than AV shows plain ignorance.

I don't know what is going to happen in the future nor do I pretend to know. YOU, however, seem to act like you know, FOR CERTAIN, that the Pats won't be able to sign a kicker that is better than Adam.

Again, you don't know.

DaBruinz said:
Sooner -
Now you are just making garbage up. Typical for someone who has nothing to offer.

I never said that the Patriots would sign a better kicker than AV. However, for you to act like there has never been a kicker better than AV shows plain ignorance.

I don't know what is going to happen in the future nor do I pretend to know. YOU, however, seem to act like you know, FOR CERTAIN, that the Pats won't be able to sign a kicker that is better than Adam.

Again, you don't know.

Again, you don't know either. Never said AV was the best kicker ever. Point that out where I said that.

And frankly, I fail to see what you have to offer other than a lot of venom, anger, bitterness and incesant slobbering all over Duane Starks' knob.

SoonerPatriot said:
Again, you don't know either. Never said AV was the best kicker ever. Point that out where I said that.

And frankly, I fail to see what you have to offer other than a lot of venom, anger, bitterness and incesant slobbering all over Duane Starks' knob.

Hmm.. You sit there and claim time and again that the Pats won't be able to sign someone better than AV.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=32968&page=3&pp=10

What is someone supposed to believe? Logical thinking would lead one to believe that you don't think there is a better kicker than AV available. All I did was point out that you don't know that for a fact.

Also, I said that I didn't know the future. Of course, I am not the one acting like I do.

BTW, No one was polishing anything on Duane Starks. But, keep showing everyone how stupid you are. Its hilarious.

Oh, maybe if you stopped with the righteous BS act you've got going on and took the time to actually read and comprehend posts, you'd see what I bring. The venom goes to those, like yourself, who earn it.

DaBruinz said:
Hmm.. You sit there and claim time and again that the Pats won't be able to sign someone better than AV.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=32968&page=3&pp=10

What is someone supposed to believe? Logical thinking would lead one to believe that you don't think there is a better kicker than AV available. All I did was point out that you don't know that for a fact.

Also, I said that I didn't know the future. Of course, I am not the one acting like I do.

BTW, No one was polishing anything on Duane Starks. But, keep showing everyone how stupid you are. Its hilarious.

Oh, maybe if you stopped with the righteous BS act you've got going on and took the time to actually read and comprehend posts, you'd see what I bring. The venom goes to those, like yourself, who earn it.

Hey you kept mentioning that Box's film reviews showed Duane Starks wasn't really burnt that often and that Starks actually played better than it looked to the layman.

Tell me, what did BB's film reviews of Duane Starks reveal?

Last edited:
Bill Cowher must be smiling that BB could find anyone who can kick 47 yarder in Heinz Field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST