PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vederian Lowe on Sirius XM

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was surprised to catch about ten minutes of an interview with Lowe last night, on Sirius XM NFL radio. Believe it was on their Late Hits show. Anyway I was surprised that he rated an interview on a national broadcast. Assume his agent set it up, and assume he wouldn’t be doing it without at least tacit team approval. Wondered how much team helpedcset it up or if they explicitly gave it a green light. In any case I figure it shows positive regard for him by the show producers. He’s a feel-good story but his play against the Jets must have been regarded well enough to give him airtime.

He was pretty good in the interview. Talked about technique and how he learned to play both sides of the line. He gave Trent Brown lots of credit for helping him with tips and sharing knowledge. Thing that stood out most to me was his attitude and approach. For example he said he embraced the challenge of learning to play both sides as a way to increase his value to the team. He made it abundantly clear that he wants to improve his craft and establish a long term career in the NFL for himself. Of course there was also some fluff about essentially adopting his brother and having a young family to raise. Can’t ignore the feel-good stuff.

one comment in particular jumped out to me, not sure which interviewer it was but one of them made a comment that Lowe “found a home in New England.” That really made me wonder if the team was overtly involved in his appearance. At least it means that the interviewers feel he’s on a good footing here. Of course Bill is the opinion that matters annd he’s not going to say much about it. Also iirc there was another comment questioning whether the Vikes might regret the trade now.

Generally I was impressed with how much positive regard they showed for him. All in all the whole segment left me with the impression his arc is ascending. Hope so!

Good bit on him also on YouTube:

Trying to dig out that interview on Lowe @n6249c mentioned but it just aired at like 12:40 according to Rome’s Twitter account, so hopefully they’ll have it available later on.

Interesting that I didn't know about the Beilmia connection. He has a strong thing with Bill and that MIGHT have been one of the reasons Bill went after him as opposed to some of the other names out there.

At any rate, sure doesn't sound like there are any maturity issues with this kid. AND it doesn't sound like there were many issues during the game. Anyone got his PFF scores for the Jets game?

Lowe reminds me of Marcus Cannon & LaAdrian Waddle in that they're former Division 1 Left Tackles with the bodies of NFL Right Tackles...
If he didn't have to start at RT, Lowe would make an excellent Swing Tackle candidate.

He still needs to stop bending his waist & leaning forward in pass-protection and, for Ganja's sake, start finishing his dam blocks! But he was clearly better at RT vs the Jete than Mister Anderson was vs the Fecals & LOLphins; so we have that going for us...

Lowe reminds me of Marcus Cannon & LaAdrian Waddle in that they're former Division 1 Left Tackles with the bodies of NFL Right Tackles...
If he didn't have to start at RT, Lowe would make an excellent Swing Tackle candidate.

He still needs to stop bending his waist & leaning forward in pass-protection and, for Ganja's sake, start finishing his dam blocks! But he was clearly better at RT vs the Jete than Mister Anderson was vs the Fecals & LOLphins; so we have that going for us...
So, this is your way of complementing Belichick on finding a swing tackle who is an improvement over what we have at RT?

So, this is your way of complementing Belichick on finding a swing tackle who is an improvement over what we have at RT?
Swing tackle that’s an improvement at RT sounds like a two-fer to me. Or maybe just the new RT.

That portion of the podcast with his interview is nowhere to be found so far, they completely omitted it.

On a funnier note, Vikings fans are apparently displeased with last year’s draft. This came up while I was digging for it:

Last edited:

Lowe for a 6th is a fair trade when considering he was a 6th-round pick just the year before, which was right about where he should've gone.
Perhaps Bill himself should've more strongly considered him there instead of the New and Not Improved Harris, taken one pick earlier at 183...
Doing so would've saved us not only the draft pick but also the experience of watching Andy Stubby this past TC; though I absolutely would've chosen G/T Jamaree Salyer ahead of either of them anyway.

This shows the man. Character and intelligence shine through. His grandfather is an added bonus blessing.

He was pretty solid filling in for Brown at LT week-before-last, too. I wonder if he might be the RT this year and then replace Brown at LT next year, with Wheatley, Sow or a 2024 drafted prospect taking over RT.

Lowe for a 6th is a fair trade when considering he was a 6th-round pick just the year before, which was right about where he should've gone.
A 6th rounder who has NFL experience and has shown that he can be relied on at least as a back up is worth much, much more than a 6th round pick.

He was pretty solid filling in for Brown at LT week-before-last, too. I wonder if he might be the RT this year and then replace Brown at LT next year, with Wheatley, Sow or a 2024 drafted prospect taking over RT.

Wheatley & Sow appear more athletically suited for the Left side with Lowe on the Right side.

If we don't have T Brown next year we need a new LT in R1 or R2 of the draft. Lowe is not a starting LT. Maybe RT, we will see. Being better than Anderson does not mean being great. Sow and Wheatley - we will see.

Hard to finish blocks against that 7.

Didn‘t notice the bend and lean. I thought he rode high with good hands on pass pro v. Miami. Maybe he is overcompensating by leaning forward. It might also be a footwork/balance issue.

If we don't have T Brown next year we need a new LT in R1 or R2 of the draft. Lowe is not a starting LT. Maybe RT, we will see. Being better than Anderson does not mean being great. Sow and Wheatley - we will see.
Just speaking on working with that they’d have. I personally just hope they retain Brown on a new 2 year incentive-laden deal after letting him test the market.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back