PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ** Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

I cannot tell if it is the toupee/dyed hair, the cheesy fake smile, or whatever, but he has cheese pasted on his shiny forehead

I am sure some image consultant was brought in to recommend his attire. Wear a dark suit with dark tie to show 'seriousness' and 'credibility.'
I can't believe such a loser gets so much play in the media.

What's taking so long? It would be awesome if Goodell is dragging this out so that Walsh misses his flight to meet with Specter.

What's taking so long? It would be awesome if Goodell is dragging this out so that Walsh misses his flight to meet with Specter.

Since he is no doubt taking a private plane, that seems unlikely.

I am sure some image consultant was brought in to recommend his attire. Wear a dark suit with dark tie to show 'seriousness' and 'credibility.'
I can't believe such a loser gets so much play in the media.

*cough* Kato Kaelin *cough*

Is it better to have this dragged out?? OR better if it was short? Just looking at what each may mean.....maybe taking Walsh over the coals?? Asking a lot of questions...digging?? Trying to read the time tea leaves...listening to C's talk...waiting..waiting

i don't think we want Specter to be any more agitated than he already is. as for the length of the meeting (i've got ESPN on in the background like many of you), it's kind of like figuring out whether it's good or bad for a jury to deliberate longer than you thought it would. could mean anything.

It kinda worries me that this is taking so long. I figured he'd have nothing to say and Goodell would be ready to speak well before 10:00 hit.

who is paying for this doofus to take a private plane?

i suspect he'll hop the shuttle not only because it leaves on the half hour and so is as fast, but because he can be more exposed to the media, who will follow him to the airport and get tickets on the plane he's on.

I think Goodell is taking his time. He will be answering a lot of questions and does not want the media to think the interview was not in depth.

It kinda worries me that this is taking so long. I figured he'd have nothing to say and Goodell would be ready to speak well before 10:00 hit.

Do you think the presser will be online...like the Clemens hearing?

who is paying for this doofus to take a private plane?

I believe it has been posted that the Patriots are picking up the tab for his travel per Walsh's agreement with the NFL.

I think Goodell is taking his time. He will be answering a lot of questions and does not want the media to think the interview was not in depth.

Agreed - If he popped out after 30 min or even an Hour - The press would be, "how did you ask him all the pertinent questions in that length of time???"

He's taking his time. I'm fine with that - We need this to be over and done with.

ESPN reporting at 10:57am that the Goodell-Walsh has now completed.

Walsh will NOT attend Goodell's presser.

Last edited:

ESPN reporting at 10:57am that the Goodell-Walsh has now completed.

they just said it ended at 1045

Walsh has left the city and is on his way to dc according to EvilSPN

NFL Network.....confirms Goodell on his way to the hotel now.

Shefter just reported 3.5 hour meeting.

Levy & Walsh did leave to go to Wash. and declined interviews or comments until after they meet with Spector.

Shefter saying movies will be shown there...indicating he was surprised over length of meeting.

Should be within 15 min now....should start around 11:15.

Sal Pal reporting the meeting broke at 10:45am. Much longer than the NFL anticipated.

Levy came out and addressed the press and said that Walsh would not address the press and would be going directly to Washington.

Geez, you guys are scooping me by mere minutes!!!!!

I'm going to have to release my unconfirmed source info early if I'm going to be the first with stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference