PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ** Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Great, a confirmed liar gets to say whatever he wants for 3 1/2 hours. Something is wrong, and worrisome, with this picture.

Great, a confirmed liar gets to say whatever he wants for 3 1/2 hours. Something is wrong, and worrisome, with this picture.

Yeah, I am worried, I will admit it.

What a dog and pony show.

Geez, you guys are scooping me by mere minutes!!!!!

I'm going to have to release my unconfirmed source info early if I'm going to be the first with stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

nothing like a little friendly competition to relieve the stress this morning :)

I'm glad they met for 3.5 hrs. If it had been a 2 hr meeting all the mediots would be crying coverup, no due diligence, etc. This just means Goodell was thorough. If anything crazy new & juicy came up, that meeting would have been 6+ hrs.

It is a little worrisome. :(

IMO, the length of the meeting is irrelevant. could mean that Walsh blew Goodell away with what he told him or it could mean that Goodell was forcing Walsh to admit that he had nothing new. like waiting for a jury.

Reiss:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

NEW YORK -- At about 10:55 a.m., Matt Walsh and his lawyer, Michael Levy, exited the NFL's offices.

Walsh did not speak to reporters. Levy issued this statement:

"Mr. Walsh is pleased that he's had the opportunity to assist the National Football League in its investigation regarding the Patriots videotaping practices. As all of you know, Senator Specter has been waiting quite a while to speak with Mr. Walsh as well. Out of respect to Senator Specter, we're going to proceed immediately to his office in Washington, D.C. and we'll have no further comment to the media until after we have a chance to speak with Senator Specter. Thank you."

Levy and Walsh then got into a black Town Car and left the area.

It sounds like Godell could be speaking shortly:eek: Meanwhile we're treated to commentary by John Clayton. The announcer from EvilSPIN said the media coverage there is quite heavy.

What is Clayton talking about? He's saying that Walsh was expecting his tapes from 2000 were new business and the league disclosed only recently that BB had copped to taping in 2000.

BB copped to that in September. This was news long before anyone had ever heard of Matt Walsh.

The worst part for me is that, living in CA, I thought I'd sleep through it and the press conference would start soon after I got to work - but, NO, I had to sit through this wait with the rest of you :mad:

:D

IMO, the length of the meeting is irrelevant. could mean that Walsh blew Goodell.

:eek:

I sure hope not. If that's the case, we could be in some serious trouble. :(

anyone want to punch Trey Wingo in the face? I do .. Throw in Shlereth, and Carter ..

Clayton thinks this is the end of Spygate.

11:12...There's Levy's statement...and right in the front row...Reiss...and Tomase??? Well..not sure what to make of that...considering Levy, Walsh and Specter are on the same team...video tapes??

Anyone else notice Tomase not getting his mic out in time when Levy was talking. He was also chewing something...that's odd. :rolleyes:

News Conferencde is now under way.

Video tape of the Septr 25th game of the Dolphins game no being shown.

Theese are NOT from the sideline. Looks to be from up high in the EZ.

Last edited:

the problem is that the "confirmed liar" (as we agree he is) is now being defined as possibly having something to say about the "integrity of the NFL." the mediots and the haters have redefined this debate over the last few weeks as "ok, maybe the tapes are the same, but what can Walsh tell us about who gave the orders, who supervised the taping...what else does he know?" while this has been going on, the patriots have been, once again, silent and allowed the story to mutate into a monster without saying a word...

Now they're showing Pats tapes from the endzone.

Which by the way, is EXACTLY what the Jets taped at the Razor last year. And we were told by our wonderful Jets friends, that they did nothign wrong because anyone taping from the end zone had permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back