PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ** Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

He looks like a little kid being called to the principal's office, to me. He doesn't look terribly happy.

Well, He asked for this Shi*, so it is what it is.

His stupid **** could have come out 4 months ago and said "I don't have a tape of the Rams walk thru."

And we probably NOT be where we are today.

This just in, espn just reported, yes there was a tape of SB 36, and I know the guy who taped it... Steve Sabol...

Yea, I have one at my house. Call M. Fish, I want to do a interview NOW!

Well, He asked for this Shi*, so it is what it is.

His stupid **** could have come out 4 months ago and said "I don't have a tape of the Rams walk thru."

And we probably NOT be where we are today.
Or he could have not said anything in the first place and we'd never have heard of Matt Walsh.

Update, from SMY:

This is the status of the Matt Walsh situation: I and a couple dozen other reporters are standing here at 280 Park Avenue, outside NFL headquarters, waiting for Matt Walsh and his lawyer, Michael Levy, to make an appearance. The feeling is he's going to duck out on the press conference with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, so the hope is Walsh will say something before heading to the airport to fly to Washington D.C. for his meeting with Sen. Arlen Specter.

Last edited:

When do you think the media will ask how/why this asst golf pro got a high priced Washington lawyer and what does the lawyer/ Walsh expect to gain from this?

answer: NEVER!

Last edited:

Let's hope the Pats break tapes of others taping. I'm feeling an unstoppable counterattack, one the Pats have had 8 months to prepare for.

If I had something "big" to say I would be man enough....ok woman enough...to say it to the media. Oh wait...he has nothing to say.....coward.

Let's hope the Pats break tapes of others taping. I'm feeling an unstoppable counterattack, one the Pats have had 8 months to prepare for.

Is this a FACT you can provide a link to?

I heard Felger suggest this on Sports Tonight, but really I think that will be for another day. Let Matt Walsh be exposed for what he is & then we can counter.

Are the New York Times and Mike Fish there? Just wondering since they have basically already written their piece for tomorrow slamming the Patriots and speaking about all the stories of cheating the Patriots did that Matt Walsh told Goodell and Specter. No real reason for them to be there except to give the appearance they are going to be unbiased and give Goodell a shot to explain what he has heard.

Last edited:

I heard Felger suggest this on Sports Tonight, but really I think that will be for another day. Let Matt Walsh be exposed for what he is & then we can counter.

Keep in mind from the moment of the first meeting with Goodell....Patriots were forbidden to speak on the subject. This explains why you heard basically no defense from BB at all, not to mention the Kratfs.

Assuming this ends well for us today - don't look for too much - they did break a rule afterall.

Can you prove the Pats have such tapes?

Hopefully they make the reporters identify themselves by name and affiliation before they ask Goodell a question. We can basically tell who's made their minds up just by the content of the question.

Can you prove the Pats have such tapes?

I don't know anything other than the rumor was out there that the Pats plan to fire back with something.

Per the network that must not be named:

The meeting is still going on at 10:01 EST

While I understand the implications of todays events, I must admit, I am sick and tired of this "spygate" crap. It is a well known fact that this crap has been going on for years, the Patriots organization were idiots for the way they exploited the "memo" and got caught. It's over, get over it and let's get on with our lives and the upcoming football season.
Matt Walsh knew good and well what he was doing when the "story" leaked during super bowl week and was a distraction for the Pats as they prepared for the SB.
Every board I go to there is talk of the cheating Patriots and Belichick should be suspended blah blah blah, it's so old, I tired of the crap.
The Kraft family not doing any PR against it up to this point is ******ed as well. WTF are they thinking? You would think that since this is the "official" fan forum for the Patriots that someone in that organization is monitoring this site? Can they not see that we as fans are fed up with it and tired of defending ourselves(and beloved Pats) against the ****storm? Does it not make sense that the organization should be defending itself or possibly offering explanation? I know, coach B "gave his statement" back when the crap started but come on, do any of you really believe that? This man is a defensive genius, what could he possibly gain by taping signals? Even if they knew what plays were being run on any given play, they still have to execute. I for one, think Belichick knows alot more than he is letting on. I see this as a HUGE distraction for the upcoming season as well. Know matter what comes out today, it is not going to die, it will carry over to this season.

Please, before anybody comes on and bashes me, I am a life long fan. I have been rooting for the Pats since the early '70's. I am not bashing the team, only the management for what I perceive as "mis-management" of this debacle and the poor judgement on Belichicks part. He knows better.

PLEASE LET THIS CRAP END.:mad:

While I understand the implications of todays events, I must admit, I am sick and tired of this "spygate" crap. It is a well known fact that this crap has been going on for years, the Patriots organization were idiots for the way they exploited the "memo" and got caught. It's over, get over it and let's get on with our lives and the upcoming football season.
Matt Walsh knew good and well what he was doing when the "story" leaked during super bowl week and was a distraction for the Pats as they prepared for the SB.
Every board I go to there is talk of the cheating Patriots and Belichick should be suspended blah blah blah, it's so old, I tired of the crap.
The Kraft family not doing any PR against it up to this point is ******ed as well. WTF are they thinking? You would think that since this is the "official" fan forum for the Patriots that someone in that organization is monitoring this site? Can they not see that we as fans are fed up with it and tired of defending ourselves(and beloved Pats) against the ****storm? Does it not make sense that the organization should be defending itself or possibly offering explanation? I know, coach B "gave his statement" back when the crap started but come on, do any of you really believe that? This man is a defensive genius, what could he possibly gain by taping signals? Even if they knew what plays were being run on any given play, they still have to execute. I for one, think Belichick knows alot more than he is letting on. I see this as a HUGE distraction for the upcoming season as well. Know matter what comes out today, it is not going to die, it will carry over to this season.

Please, before anybody comes on and bashes me, I am a life long fan. I have been rooting for the Pats since the early '70's. I am not bashing the team, only the management for what I perceive as "mis-management" of this debacle and the poor judgement on Belichicks part. He knows better.

No bashing. Just an obvious question:

Why, then, did you click on this thread, and write a post that must have taken several minutes out of your day to write?

This is a messageboard with THOUSANDS of threads on HUNDREDS of subjects of different listed in a very easy to-navigate-format. This is not a blog. It's very simple. I understand that you "don't want to talk about it"(LOL).

This I don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

RJ, your new here and you are a life long Pats fan - welcome.

Now, do yourself a favor and spend a few hours here and read up and you will find the answers and reasoning for all your questions. As a matter of fact...look at my own answer about why BB & the Krafts have been silent 3 or 4 posts above....there was a gag order issued bu Goodell, they were not allowed comment.

Come on back after and let us know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back