PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ** Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Unfortunatley the only way I can watch Goodell's presser is via ESPN, due to being at work. They have Trey Wingo, Mark Schereth, and Cris Carter standing by ready to cover (pounce?) the press conference.

Luckily they trotted out the 3 most neutral people on the subject. :rolleyes: I am suprised they don't also have Steve Young, Emmitt Smith, Merril Hoge, and Mike Greenberg there to give thier "unbias" opinion. They should also have Tony Dungy, Bill Polian, and Eric Mancheati on a panel of "NFL Insiders".

In the meantime, there are hundreds of us who see that this story has many elements that have yet to be digested by the nation.

Specter, Comcast, how Walsh got a high-powered Washington law firm, the other teams, etc.

This is not a personal attack on anyone who is sick of the story. Believe me, I understand, it has been a grueling, drawn out issue. I understand your feeling.

However, anyone who is sick about talking about it, before you spend several minutes of YOUR day consciously clicking on a Cameragate thread and telling us that we are wasting our time, please feel free to enjoy any number of our other wonderful threads on this and our other messageboards.

Enjoy the buffet - - no one is forcing you to eat only the broccoli.

Last edited:

Unfortunatley the only way I can watch Goodell's presser is via ESPN, due to being at work. They have Trey Wingo, Mark Schereth, and Cris Carter standing by ready to cover (pounce?) the press conference.

Luckily they trotted out the 3 most neutral people on the subject. :rolleyes: I am suprised they don't also have Steve Young, Emmitt Smith, Merril Hoge, and Mike Greenberg there to give thier "unbias" opinion. They should also have Tony Dungy, Bill Polian, and Eric Mancheati on a panel of "NFL Insiders".

I understand they will be bringing Greggggg Easterbrooke via satellite (literally, he is flying on a satellitie in his home galaxy) for an in depth analysis. :D

Last edited:

Boy...what a bunch of losers...unbiased?? What a laugh...I am watching ESPN as well..with Dale Holley on..ESPN is just for the press conference..as far as commentary will go..it will be turned down after..NO need to listen to idiots..

Wow, Walsh even looks like a weasel!

Doesn't he? How can anyone believe a word he says:mad: It's still hard to believe a nobody with such a questionable background has been able to wreak such havoc. We'll see what he has to say, but I hope Felger's right- the Pats absolutely have to retaliate, and hopefully they do it sooner than later.

I understand they will be bringing Greggggg Easterbrooke via satellite (literally, he is flying on a satellitie in his home galaxy) for an in depth analysis. :D

We forgetting Tom Jackson...???

The only thing I am worried about is more punishment. I don't trust the NFL.

No bashing. Just an obvious question:

Why, then, did you click on this thread, and write a post that must have taken several minutes out of your day to write?

This is a messageboard with THOUSANDS of threads on HUNDREDS of subjects of different listed in a very easy to-navigate-format. This is not a blog. It's very simple. I understand that you "don't want to talk about it"(LOL).

This I don't understand.

Well, honestly, I thought it tied in with the spygate meeting that was being held today. Every one is hanging on to todays meetings and waiting for the outcome. Fans are hoping and praying nothing new surfaces, haters are hoping for something will put the nail in the coffin.
If you think it doesn't belong in this thread, please, move it to an appropriate thread and my apologies if it went against what you were trying to accomplish with this thread.;)

Richard

We forgetting Tom Jackson...???

Ditka and Tom Jackson are too busy washing thier "I Hate Bill Belichick" underoos to be bothered.

If they punish the Pats merely based on heresay from Walsh then you can expect this will go to court IMO. Walsh has nothing. Even if they wanna say that the offensive signals is new evidence it still goes back to before the rule was even in place.

Originally Posted by Marko
Wow, Walsh even looks like a weasel!

Actually I think he looks like Rich Gannon.

Ditto on that. Of all the players involved in this drama, Goodell's been among the shadiest.His connection to the Jets, the leaking of the original tape, his destruction of the tapes,and now the news of his gag order apparently issued to the Pats earlier on. I don't trust him either:confused:

Boy...what a bunch of losers...unbiased?? What a laugh...I am watching ESPN as well..with Dale Holley on..ESPN is just for the press conference..as far as commentary will go..it will be turned down after..NO need to listen to idiots..

NFL Network will also have it live, unless, of course, Comcast has made it not possible for you to watch the network of the NFL. Gee...I wonder if any mediot will ever follow the money and connect the dots.

Well, honestly, I thought it tied in with the spygate meeting that was being held today. Every one is hanging on to todays meetings and waiting for the outcome. Fans are hoping and praying nothing new surfaces, haters are hoping for something will put the nail in the coffin.
If you think it doesn't belong in this thread, please, move it to an appropriate thread and my apologies if it went against what you were trying to accomplish with this thread.;)

Richard

My apologies, actually, Richard.

I read this part of your post: "It's over, get over it and let's get on with our lives and the upcoming football season." and thought it was addressed to us. Looking at it a second time, I realize you may have been addressing the media and the Pats haters out there who have made this a cottage industry.

We have had several other posters here in the past who have argued for a complete blackout on any Cameragate threads on this website.

My sincere apologies.

Last edited:

NFL Network will also have it live, unless, of course, Comcast has made it not possible for you to watch the network of the NFL. Gee...I wonder if any mediot will ever follow the money and connect the dots.

Define Irony.

A bunch of us can not chose what station to watch coverage of this scandal that has potentially become what it is because of the NFL v Comcast battle.

Ditto on that. Of all the players involved in this drama, Goodell's been among the shadiest.His connection to the Jets, the leaking of the original tape, his destruction of the tapes, and now the news of his gag order apparently issued to the Pats earlier on. I don't trust him either:confused:

Let's be honest here--anything coming from NEInsider is a rumor. That doesn't mean it's false, just that we don't have evidence to conclude one way or the other.

My apologies, actually, Richard.

I read this part of your post: "It's over, get over it and let's get on with our lives and the upcoming football season." and thought it was addressed to us. Looking at it a second time, I realize you may have been addressing the media and the Pats haters out there who have made this a cottage industry.

My sincere apologies.

I was defintely addressing the media and all of the haters.;)

Once again, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Looking back at other titles, maybe my original post would be better suited to the " how has spygate affected you as a fan" thread? Please move it to there if you deem it better suited there.
I love this thread as I am at work and wondering what is going on at the meeting today. I will continue to monitor this thread for the updates. Thanks a million.

Richard

I have NFLN...but for some odd reason..the cable on the TV in this room will not get those high channels...so I will put up with ESPN...and no Comcast allowed here...

I was defintely addressing the media and all of the haters.;)

Once again, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Looking back at other titles, maybe my original post would be better suited to the " how has spygate affected you as a fan" thread? Please move it to there if you deem it better suited there.
I love this thread as I am at work and wondering what is going on at the meeting today. I will continue to monitor this thread for the updates. Thanks a million.

Richard

Nah, it's fine, man. Just trying to keep the updates fresh on the situation.

I still have that 4-letter network on (their 10:00am "Special" is on hiatus and they are playing the recorded baseball/basketball highlight loop as there is STILL no breakup of the meeting behind closed doors).

Was it me or did Walsh look like he was going to a funeral? His own maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back