PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unnamed team (Pats?) looking to trade for the Raiders #8 overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unnamed Team (Pats?) looking to trade for the Raiders #8 overall pick.

Also to the Mcclain stuff, are people mailing the bag on Jerod Mayo to be the leader/stud. He performed well with an injury his second year!

Are you guys expecting Mayo to max out as just a solid ILB, because I think 2010 is his probowl year and to be like Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis.

Also to the Mcclain stuff, are people mailing the bag on Jerod Mayo to be the leader/stud. He performed well with an injury his second year!

Are you guys expecting Mayo to max out as just a solid ILB, because I think 2010 is his probowl year and to be like Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis.

Willis, Ryans perhaps...

Ray Lewis? I don't see it- yet.

If they do this, and somehow draft Suh. I would be a genious.

I was thinking about it and realized I could see Suh dropping.

Bradford first

The Lions need an OT and like McCoy better

If Eric Berry is there at 3 I cant see the Bucs passing up on him, but Suh is just as attractive.

Redskins are going to take an OT or Clausen

The Cheifs is a place Suh, but after picking Tyson Jackson with the 3rd pick last year its unlikley, probably an OT here.

The Seahawks is another team that could take a defensive tackle or an offensive tackle.

The Browns I cant really see them picking. Someone like Joe Hayden is likely. Maybe even another Offensive tackle.

Suh would go to New England. Who would play Seymours position.

This is a dream scenerio however.

The Jets still got torched by the colts and they have the #1 CB in the league. It's the pass rush.

what????? the jets had gholston :D

If they do this, and somehow draft Suh. I would be a genious.

I was thinking about it and realized I could see Suh dropping.

Bradford first

The Lions need an OT and like McCoy better

If Eric Berry is there at 3 I cant see the Bucs passing up on him, but Suh is just as attractive.

Redskins are going to take an OT or Clausen

The Cheifs is a place Suh, but after picking Tyson Jackson with the 3rd pick last year its unlikley, probably an OT here.

The Seahawks is another team that could take a defensive tackle or an offensive tackle.

The Browns I cant really see them picking. Someone like Joe Hayden is likely. Maybe even another Offensive tackle.

Suh would go to New England. Who would play Seymours position.

This is a dream scenerio however.

Assuming Suh is too valuable to drop so low, rather than bypassing him, one of those teams you mentioned would no doubt trade down to a team that needed him.

Of course that doesn't preclude the Patriots doing a further trade up from 8 to get Suh ot someone else they're targetting. Indeed the whole point could be to get high enough to be in reach with the 8th pick of Suh, etc and then play it by ear.

Willis, Ryans perhaps...

In that 2008 Jets-Pats game @ Newengland, I've never seen a one man wrecking crew making tackles on opposite sides of the field, tackls for losses, etc.

I hope he returns to that.

In that 2008 Jets-Pats game @ Newengland, I've never seen a one man wrecking crew making tackles on opposite sides of the field, tackls for losses, etc.

I hope he returns to that.

He was a force that game no question.

He wasn't healthy last year. He'll be fine. Just needs to force more turnovers IMO...

Last edited:

He was a force that game no question.

He wasn't healthy last year. He'll be fine. Just needs to force more turnovers IMO...

That's true. Force fumbles, Interceptions, Sacks, something.

So, are you for or against trading up for Mcclain?

Rumor is that Suh is dropping...

Would look good in a Pats uni. Problem is that his agent is Eugene Parker.

First, Suh won't drop as far as #8.

Second, Raiders would be fools to give up the #8 pick for just a 2nd round pick unless they're only moving back a few spots in the first. But, we all know they are fools so if they do make this trade, you would think it would at least have to be for more than the #44 pick to move up 14 spots in the first.

I can't imagine the Pats give up any of there 2nd round picks in such a deep draft with all the needs (OLB, DE, TE, WR, RB) they have.

That's true. Force fumbles, Interceptions, Sacks, something.

So, are you for or against trading up for Mcclain?

I love him. I'm in favor of any/all high-motor, impact defensive players. McClain certainly fits that bill. Size. speed. Production. Kinda-sorta knows some aspects of the Pats 3-4 D being from the Tide...

Would think that the Pats would need to give up their 1st of course and their 2nd to move up to get him. May be a bit much.

From what I've read, seems that many teams love him.

Last edited:

Second, Raiders would be fools to give up the #8 pick for just a 2nd round pick unless they're only moving back a few spots in the first. But, we all know they are fools so if they do make this trade, you would think it would at least have to be for more than the #44 pick to move up 14 spots in the first.

I can't imagine the Pats give up any of there 2nd round picks in such a deep draft with all the needs (OLB, DE, TE, WR, RB) they have.

Agreed. Suh won't last the top 5 or 6 max. As stated by others, the Bucs will grab him for sure @ #3 unless they are asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:

You do realise that there are two MLBs in a 3-4, right?

Hard to see this move transpiring......

who? what? why?

Top 8 pick makes how much $$$? idk yet....

If we have 2 1's.....

one better be used on Marshal:)

Think of McNabb as a #1 pick, because that's what he's worth. The Eagles have screwed this up and blown his price.

Trade this year's #1 for Next year's #1 and this year's #2 (that's the O.P. rumor)
Trade this year's team #2 for Mcnabb

That nets the Raiders a #1 value this year (McNabb), a #2 this year (untraded #2), a #1 next year and a #2 next year. That's not bad maneuvering. Whether they can pull it off or not remains the question.

As for the Patriots, why wouldn't they give up a #2 if they were getting a #1 from the same year in its place? That's not the whole trade, but that's the part that you brought up.

Think of McNabb as a #1 pick, because that's what he's worth. The Eagles have screwed this up and blown his price.

Trade this year's #1 for Next year's #1 and this year's #2 (that's the O.P. rumor)
Trade this year's team #2 for Mcnabb

That nets the Raiders a #1 value this year (McNabb), a #2 this year (untraded #2), a #1 next year and a #2 next year. That's not bad maneuvering. Whether they can pull it off or not remains the question.

As for the Patriots, why wouldn't they give up a #2 if they were getting a #1 from the same year in its place? That's not the whole trade, but that's the part that you brought up.
That's a reasonable proposition Deus.

Rumor is that Suh is dropping...

Would look good in a Pats uni. Problem is that his agent is Eugene Parker.

Not sure he would fit our 3-4? Could he play end in a 3-4?

There is a better chance that the sun will explode tomorrow compared to the odds of the Patriots acquiring Suh in any sort of reasonable matter, what's the point of even discussing him? No way he lasts until #8 unless he drunk drives a semi full of cocaine and a few hookers in the passenger seat straight into a school bus of kids.

Last edited:

If they trade up into the top 10 ( I hope they don't) it better be a stud LT.

Willis, Ryans perhaps...

I don't think Mayo is ever going to be a game changing LB either because of his ability or because the scheme handcuffs him. The only thing we've seen Mayo do in the last 2 seasons was tackle people. That's it.

Last edited:

I think the sun has a better chance of exploding tomorrow than the Patriots acquiring Suh in a reasonable matter, what's the point of even discussing him? No way he lasts until #8 unless he drunk drives a semi full of cocaine and a few hookers in the passenger seat straight into a school bus of kids.

Is that a Catholic school's bus, with a nun driving?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back