PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Miguel's Cap Site, by cutting Ty Warren, the Patriots save all of 3 dollars and half a bag of potato chips.

One of the other threads on here says that all dead cap money will be wiped out when the new league year starts next week. IF that's the case then we don't get a cap hit for cutting him, and could actually re-sign him to the exact same base salary later today and save $2.5 million against the cap. Not that I think that that's what's happening :p

If Warren isn't coming back then this sure is a commitment to Haynesworth. And with Stroud gone too perhaps they re-sign Gerrard warren.

I'm no cap expert, but...could they cut a player, have the dead money wash away when the new league year begins, and then re-sign the player to the same amount that he's owed? Or even a little less? That way the amortized bonus money magically disappears. I'm no capologist but is that possible?

Is it possible the Warren cut is only temporary and is some kind of restructuring? It doesn't make a lot of sense to cut him.

If The Patriots were restructuring him wouldn't they just do that rather than cut him?

maybe there is some kind of new CBA clause we arent getting here.

i am literally surprised about Ty Warren...I did not expected this...

i can not believe it...

If Warren isn't coming back then this sure is a commitment to Haynesworth. And with Stroud gone too perhaps they re-sign Gerrard warren.

I'm no cap expert, but...could they cut a player, have the dead money wash away when the new league year begins, and then re-sign the player to the same amount that he's owed? Or even a little less? That way the amortized bonus money magically disappears. I'm no capologist but is that possible?

That was my first thought too, based on the dead cap amnesty provision. If so, the law of unintended consequences is about to kick into overdrive.

One of the other threads on here says that all dead cap money will be wiped out when the new league year starts next week. IF that's the case then we don't get a cap hit for cutting him, and could actually re-sign him to the exact same base salary later today and save $2.5 million against the cap. Not that I think that that's what's happening :p

I've heard that dead money for cuts right now goes to the 2012 cap, not the 2011 cap. Cannot confirm anything though.

According to WEEI, Karen Guergian got a text from Warren because the Pats are going a different direction defensively.

This is a bolt of of the blue... TY warren that is. Not happy with this development.

Ty Warren texted me saying the Pats were "going in a different direction defensively." (via @kguregian)

Twitter

Hmmm....4-3?!

I just cannot accept we are replacing Ty Warren with Haynesworth. I just don't see the logic there.

Seems more and more like a change to the 4-3 as primary set...maybe thats why Haynesworth was O.K. with the signing.

Total cap savings between Crump, Kaz, and Ty about $5,000,000.

But TY would only save $203,000 if cut. This is strange.

I think Ty's coming back, and this is probably a ploy to wipe his prorated signing bonus off of the cap. The financial benefit of cutting him just isn't worth it: it's either that or his hip is still fubar and his career's effectively over.

Last edited:
Maybe they're gonna trade for Seymour ? :)

Re: Ty Warren Cut !

TY. It was a no brainer cutting Crump. Ppl insulted me for so long and I get the last laugh :p

Commonsense, Bill and I have it:)

The thing I like most about you is your humility. Next is your ability to make roster moves based on one practice.

Keep up the good work.

The thing is, when reporters talked to Ty Warren yesterday...he didn't seem like someone who was injured. Neither did he seem like a man who was afraid of getting cut. In fact, if you read his quotes from yesterday, and you say he knew he wasn't coming back...I'd call you a liar.

If this is anything but a restructuring, I'd be shocked.

Last edited:
I just cannot accept we are replacing Ty Warren with Haynesworth. I just don't see the logic there.

On the field, it translates into pass rushing over run defense, presuming Warren would have gotten into fighting shape.

Ty Warren, Stroud, and Crumpler!! Wow we just get a lot thinner! Is Warren just not healthy or what? What does this mean next, acquiring J-Pep??! LOL. Very puzzling moves.

I'm going to repost this because I think people are missing it:

Twitter

Ty Warren texted me saying the Pats were "going in a different direction defensively." (via @kguregian)

Re: Ty Warren Cut !

Crumpler is Gone:):):):):)

I love it!!! way to go mastermind Bill; we think alike

to you guys that gave me crap. FEEL IT!!!

You were bound to get one right eventually. Broken clock, twice per day, etc. etc.

I have a feeling Warren will be back for smaller dollars. That or we are about to make a move with the newly found cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News