PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ty Warren Cut !

Obviously this is part of the master plan to clear cap room for Nnamdi :rolleyes:

Maybe bb is being vindictive. Or maybe his hip hasn't healed completely. Still surprising to cut him if he just needs more healing time. He's about the same age as that tub of goo haynesworth who will be making 5.4M or something.

Ty Warren is overrated.

Give me a break please.

2008, groin injury, 3 games missed, minimal impact during season. 41 tackles. Surgery to repair groin and sports hernia.

2009, ankle injury, 4 games missed, minimal impact during seaosn. 42 tackles.

2010, hip injury, IR, season gone.

2011, disaster in the making?

Thank god he's cut.

Crumpler is Gone:):):):):)

I love it!!! way to go mastermind Bill; we think alike

to you guys that gave me crap. FEEL IT!!!

Last edited:

Has to. They just cleared up like $10M in cap room.

And I second your first statement.

Does cutting Ty Warren save us under that dead money rule? I thought G. Warren looked good last year. I'd re-up him.

Warren will not be back. By cutting him, the remaining portion of his signing bonus kick in and is due this year. His salary was only like 3 Million this year.

They only save a couple hundred thousand dollars by releasing him this year.

Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2011 Patriots Salary Cap Information Page

He must be damaged goods.

Re: Ty Warren Cut! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Too bad they didn't cut Warren before the lockout. That is a $2.3 million hit because the Pats let him go a few months late. Same thing with TBC. Crumpler was only $500k and Kazcur was only $800k or so..

FWIW Schefter on ESPN said the Pats went after Haynesworth because they knew they would be releasing Warren today. Maybe this isn't a salary thing?

Did he say that just now or did he say that when Haynesworth was signed?

According to EEI they only save 600k by cutting Ty. 6.8m against the cap if he stays versus 6.2m against the cap if he is cut.

Total cap savings between Crump, Kaz, and Ty about $5,000,000.

But TY would only save $203,000 if cut. This is strange.

According to Miguel's Cap Site, by cutting Ty Warren, the Patriots save all of 3 dollars and half a bag of potato chips.

Did he say that just now or did he say that when Haynesworth was signed?

Yeah he said it like 5-7 mins ago on ESPN

Crumpler....

Eh, mildly surprising I guess.

From what PatsPsycho has said re: Lee Smith, I figured it was a significant possibility.

The Ty Warren decision is absolutely not about money.
This will cost them money - unless there is a deal that wipes out the dead money for even these transactions.

The savings, including dead money, is almost nothing, and there will be a cost of the player replacing him. They cannot cut Warren and re-sign him to less money for a savings - again, unless the rules of dead money don't count.

With Light rumored back, Kaczur's release makes sense. I hope that is essentially done.

It sure does sound like they want to make another significant move. Otherwise no reason to do these now.

Is it possible the Warren cut is only temporary and is some kind of restructuring? It doesn't make a lot of sense to cut him.

In the cases of Warren, Crumpler, TBC and Kaczur I would presume the amount of their salaries were a significant part of this decision. If I recall correctly TBC was cut and re-signed a day later a couple years ago, and Ojinnaka did the same thing last year, for example.

So to me the next question is this: do any of them get re-signed in a day or two to a more cap-friendly contract? Or is this clearing space for somebody else (a veteran FA OLB or DE, for example) that perhaps we may not have considered up to this point?

The Ty Warren decision is absolutely not about money.
This will cost them money - unless there is a deal that wipes out the dead money for even these transactions.

The savings, including dead money, is almost nothing, and there will be a cost of the player replacing him. They cannot cut Warren and re-sign him to less money for a savings - again, unless the rules of dead money don't count.

With Light rumored back, Kaczur's release makes sense. I hope that is essentially done.

It sure does sound like they want to make another significant move. Otherwise no reason to do these now.

The rumor is that the dead money won't count. At this point its speculation on top of speculation.

Eh, mildly surprising I guess.

From what PatsPsycho has said re: Lee Smith, I figured it was a significant possibility.

I'd have thought they'd take a look to see if he'd lost more speed before cutting him loose.

Im sure his next move is to put Faulk on the PS. You two really share a football brain.

TY. It was a no brainer cutting Crump. Ppl insulted me for so long and I get the last laugh :p

Commonsense, Bill and I have it:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes