PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Coulson must not have made a very good first impression.

It's all coming together...........Osi Umenyiora........with Haynesworth, Vince, Wright shooting the gaps as well

Wouldn't Warren have been worth a trade value...even for a 5th or 6th rounder?

Don't quite understand THAT part.

We have to be changing our style of defense because ty warren is one of the best 2gap de i have ever seen.

BB does like to go against the grain and many teams have been switching to a a 3-4 so bb has to do something to be unique again. Im gonna miss ty.

I really hope you guys are right with the 'something big is going on' thing if we don't bring Warren back, because I'm not seeing it. Of course, that hardly means it's not happening (in fact, the very fact that I don't see it may mean that it's happening right now.)

:p

Too slow. LB's in a 4-3 have much more speed. Guyton or Fletcher would be better fits.

Slow 40, but didn't he have a good jump on shorter distances? I don't think he's too slow to play a strong side, IF the rest of his game is up to speed (no pun intended really)

Re: Ty Warren Cut !

You were bound to get one right eventually. Broken clock, twice per day, etc. etc.

and you begrudge me for nailing this? I have NEVER went out on a limb like thiis. I call it like I see it. You surmised an incorrect assessment of me. I NEVER made any predictions beyond 2. Smith and Ocho were it.

It is FUNNY how my "All We need on this Motley Crew is" thread vanished on the day of the Haynesworth signing. It was about Ocho Cinco. I bid you good day:cool:

Last edited:
I don't feel that the Patriots would move to a defense that Bill has never run, I will be skeptical about running a 4-3. Since they played in a four man Nickel sub package last year maybe they are going in that direction on a more permanent basis.

We must not be done trading for this D. That is the only thing that makes sense here.

But Ty is definitely not coming back. He already thanked the Krafts for his time here. He's done.

Per Dale Arnold, SMY just got off the phone with Ty and he's not coming back.

It's all coming together...........Osi Umenyiora........with Haynesworth, Vince, Wright shooting the gaps as well

ya except that Osi won't be here

Do not see switching to a 4-3.. not in BB's bloodlines. Suspect that injury recovery may be part of the Warren equation..

There is something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...

We have to be changing our style of defense because ty warren is one of the best 2gap de i have ever seen.

BB does like to go against the grain and many teams have been switching to a a 3-4 so bb has to do something to be unique again. Im gonna miss ty.

Random question, what do DE's do differently in 2 gap vs 1 gap? For example, what made him so good? Thanks

I don't feel that the Patriots would move to a defense that Bill has never run, I will be skeptical about running a 4-3. Since they played in a four man Nickel sub package last year maybe they are going in that direction on a more permanent basis.

That would be interesting. I think our secondary tackles well enough to pull it off.

BB has historically preferred the 3-4, but I'm guessing he knows EVERY kind of defense very well. If he feels the modern NFL requires more 4-3, I have every confidence in his ability to teach, scheme, and stock personnel for it.

Something to think about. Assuming they're correct on the radio, Warren was on the practice field yesterday. That would seem to indicate a recent development is involved, be it concern about Ty's health or something else.

Last edited:
Per Dale Arnold, SMY just got off the phone with Ty and he's not coming back.

Don't fall in love with the veterans.. or never say never.

Per Price:

Ft. Worth Star Telegram reports that Warren failed his physical this week with #Patriots.

Per Price:

Yeah they were talking about that on EEI but said he was on the field at practice so therefore this cannot be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes