PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the way Ty Warren played for us over the years. I thought his return this season if healthy would of been compared to bringing in a a good free agent. However after immediately going on ir after missing just about all of last year I'm assuming Belichick just shook his head and thought to himself, "Not this $#!% again." Boom! Out of here! Good luck Ty, you were a good Patriot and a steady contributor. You will be missed and if by chance you come back you will be more than welcomed back.

My eyes are really focused on Brace and Wright now. Before the concussion Mike was turning into a lethal beast for this team. I'm looking forward to his return in a big way and will be studying how much better he could be with an addition of a motivated Haynesworth and Wilfork beside him. Brace needs to stay healthy as well but seemed to be making strides to being a consistent player before he was injured last year.

Should be interesting to say the least.

davis_warren1_spts__1311980723_4445.jpg

No wonder he was cut. Those are the calves of defensive lineman? Look at Wilfork and Love by comparison.

No wonder he was cut. Those are the calves of defensive lineman? Look at Wilfork and Love by comparison.

Yeah, as soon as he said he was in the 280s earlier this offseason, I knew something was going to have to give. I thought they'd compensate by putting him at RE rather than LE, but I guess not!:eek:

After last night's game we can see what BB saw when he surprised us and moved to cut Ty Warren so early. He had multiple DL players with ability & most importantly hungry to compete. He knew that he could find guys better than the 2011 Ty Warren out there in FA. One of them even with the same name. Then he decided to GET CARTER.

Belichick traded for Haynsworth the next day.

In the end, I just think that Belichick thought that it was time to move on from Warren. Perhaps he knew that he could re-sign Warren. I suspect that he did.

So, even with just bringing in Haynsworth, we were ahead of the 2010 DL, which didn't include Ty Warren in any case.
================================
DID BELICHICK KNOW THAT HE COULD BRING IN DL/OLB IMPROVMENTS?
I don't know. I don't think anyone does. What we know is a week after cutting Warren, hw brought in Carter, Anderson and Ellis.

After last night's game we can see what BB saw when he surprised us and moved to cut Ty Warren so early. He had multiple DL players with ability & most importantly hungry to compete. He knew that he could find guys better than the 2011 Ty Warren out there in FA. One of them even with the same name. Then he decided to GET CARTER.

BB had already planned to change his DL scheme and Ty did not fit. Reporting out of shape showing lack of dedication to football simply accelerated the decision. I also think BB liked the young DTs from the last 2 years.

And how many of those do you think will make the team? Will any start?

Quixoticly, the younguns maybe Brace & especially Deaderick have been supplanted or taken themselves out of contention for health reasons. I do expect Love to make the 53 and spot Wilfy in those games and run D situations when we play the old 3-4 D.

As of now, I expect Pryor and Love to meake the team, but I could see Love supplanted by Brace.

With regard to bakcing up WIlfork, I think that Haynsworth is well up to the taks of being a backup NT.

QUOTE=PatsWickedPissah;2639976]Quixoticly, the younguns maybe Brace & especially Deaderick have been supplanted or taken themselves out of contention for health reasons. I do expect Love to make the 53 and spot Wilfy in those games and run D situations when we play the old 3-4 D.[/QUOTE]

Never mind Love's calves, look at his gut. Wilfork by comparison appears to have distributed his ample weight more evenly.

With regard to backing up WIlfork, I think that Haynesworth is well up to the task of being a backup NT...

Uncle Albert has made it quite clear that he will not play NT, backup or otherwise,
for anybody at any time, ever.

Uncle Albert has made it quite clear that he will not play NT, backup or otherwise,
for anybody at any time, ever.
Albert needs to listen to Sebastian Vollmer, who has been a much better player than Albert the last 2 years. Vollmer was asked if he thought abuot playing LT and responded "I do what they tell me"
Albert should pay attention to that if he wants to be here.

Albert needs to listen to Sebastian Vollmer, who has been a much better player than Albert the last 2 years. Vollmer was asked if he thought abuot playing LT and responded "I do what they tell me"
Albert should pay attention to that if he wants to be here.

Yah, Herr Vollmer follows Dante's blitzkreig OL attack orders to the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back