PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ty Warren Cut !

Crumpler will be missed for sure, he was nothing but class and considering he was a captain he must have been amazing for the rookies.

Warren is a shocker but as stated it is possible some of these guys are cut to restructure their contracts?

If not I can certainly see another big move coming up via trade or free agency (though I have to think if it is a d-line or OLB warren probably would have had some trade value??)

Rex Ryan/Tennenbaum already calling Ty Warren's agent I suppose :rolleyes:

Glad to see the others gone, especially TBC but I want ty back nooooooooooooooooooow.

With Crumpler cut does Lee make the roster or onto the PS?

They could use 3 TEs

WTF are they thinking? :mad:

Stroud coudn't pass the physical...Warren has a 5+ million cap hit..sounds like a cut and re-sign at a lower cap number

I'm surprised, but not shocked. 30+ year old 300+ pound guy with a hip injury isn't a good thing. Hopefully he'll be back for less money?

With Crumpler cut does Lee make the roster or onto the PS?

They could use 3 TEs

Roster lock. Can't keep only 2 TE's ( with Hernandez coming off hip injury ), not to mention Hernandez more of an HB/WR.

How many wows in a week?

FWIW Schefter on ESPN said the Pats went after Haynesworth because they knew they would be releasing Warren today. Maybe this isn't a salary thing?

Last edited:

I'm surprised, but not shocked. 30+ year old 300+ pound guy with a hip injury isn't a good thing. Hopefully he'll be back for less money?

One of the AFC East teams will sign him....none of the other division teams has quality depth up front

We have now had 2 players wait to have surgery until right before training camp begins the last two years. Tully Banta Cain & Ty Warren.

The idea there is any agreement to bring back Warren at a lower cap # seems like wishful thinking to me. If both sides were agreed to that, there is zero reason to cut him - they could just restructure his contract.

Hope they bring back Ty. The only other one I wouldn't mind back is Alge.

Maybe this means something else is a-brewing.

Has to. They just cleared up like $10M in cap room.

And I second your first statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye