PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you posters who took turns tooling on me...

You are still wrong. This trade was demanded by Moss, not made by the Patriots to somehow "improve" the team. The same -outcome- but different reasons. Your reason was, and still is, extremely foolish.

We still don't know why we traded Moss. Moss may have demanded it but does that mean BB had to oblige?

This trade has absolutely ZERO to do with your ****ty logic and ****ty thread.

To be able to make the statement you just made, you must be related to BB. Or work for the Pats. My logic could very well be a reason this move was made. If you didn't notice, BRADY STARTED PLAYING LIKE THE BRADY OF OLD IN THE LAST 2 GAMES. As discussed in my thread. Worst case, my logic was better than yours. At least I saw it coming.

To be able to make the statement you just made, you must be related to BB. Or work for the Pats. My logic could very well be a reason this move was made. If you didn't notice, BRADY STARTED PLAYING LIKE THE BRADY OF OLD IN THE LAST 2 GAMES. As discussed in my thread. Worst case, my logic was better than yours. At least I saw it coming.

Caught me red-handed. I'm Bill Belichick. Can't you tell by the username?

You are still wrong. This trade was demanded by Moss, not made by the Patriots to somehow "improve" the team. The same -outcome- but different reasons. Your reason was, and still is, extremely foolish.

Lets see, listen to you and your magical insider knowledge, or Troy Brown:

While the majority of callers to WEEI on Wednesday morning were upset about the Patriots trading Randy Moss to Minnesota, former New England great Troy Brown went on the Dale and Holley show and offered a different take: It's a "win-win for both parties."

Brown said it will force the Patriots to play the "methodical" type of football that helped them be so successful during their Super Bowl years, and it will make "all the players be accountable." :rocker:

Lets see, listen to you and your magical insider knowledge, or Troy Brown:

While the majority of callers to WEEI on Wednesday morning were upset about the Patriots trading Randy Moss to Minnesota, former New England great Troy Brown went on the Dale and Holley show and offered a different take: It's a "win-win for both parties."

Brown said it will force the Patriots to play the "methodical" type of football that helped them be so successful during their Super Bowl years, and it will make "all the players be accountable." :rocker:

Troy Brown was part of those offenses, he is a bit biased. This is NOT a win for the 2010 Patriots, period.

And if that were the reason, they would have shopped and traded Moss a long time ago.

Last edited:
We still don't know why we traded Moss. Moss may have demanded it but does that mean BB had to oblige?

Basically.

We've all seen the damage Randy Moss in "cancer mode" (disclaimer: no offense intended to those who may suffer, have suffered, or are suffering from any and all forms of literal cancer) can wreak on a team. And now you have a team chock full o' younglings... probably a dangerous situation to mess around with.

This trade has absolutely ZERO to do with your ****ty logic and ****ty thread.

How the f... would you know why this trade was made? Anybody who presumes to know is an ass (especially the "because Randy demanded it" folks).

Last edited:
Troy Brown was part of those offenses, he is a bit biased. This is NOT a win for the 2010 Patriots, period.

And if that were the reason, they would have shopped and traded Moss a long time ago.

Troy Bown's a bit biased? And you're not? Just leave it alone, I know you have pushed the Moss is great for so long you don't know how to react now, but just drop it.

Last edited:
Troy Bown's a bit biased? And you're not? Just leave it alone, I know you have pushed the Moss is great for so long you don't know how to react now, but just drop it.

I can all but guarantee you that if Moss wanted to play here for free there's not a damn way BB doesn't play him every single game.

Bottom line is that Moss wasn't happy with his contract status and financial future. He must have felt he was in a winless situation here financially. I don't like it but it is what it is. They sure as hell did not trade him to help the offense, that's just absurd.

Last edited:
I can all but guarantee you that if Moss wanted to play here for free there's not a damn way BB doesn't play him every single game.

Bottom line is that Moss wasn't happy with his contract status and financial future. He must have felt he was in a winless situation here financially. I don't like it but it is what it is. They sure as hell did not trade him to help the offense, that's just absurd.

It would seem others, besides Troy Brown, will be emerging to refute what you say:

Last edited:
It would seem that others, besides Troy Brown, will be emerging to refute what you say:

It's a statistically proven fact that offenses are better with Moss. I really don't care what vague quotes you want from former players. Nor do I give a damn what the uninformed media cares to create for stories. Brown's point is that long sustaining drives are good for the team, but that does NOT mean that long sustaining drives are harder/impossible with Moss. The trade makes the Patriots offense WORSE not better for 2010, period. That doesn't mean it's the end of the world or they can't be successful obviously.

Last edited:
I'm sure you would all be pouting if we traded him to Minny and used the assets to pick up V-Jack. Frankly, I would love to see what Brady could do with Welker, Edelman, Tate, Crumpler, Gronk and Hernandez. Send 9 more passes to them instead of Moss in the Jets game.

Well Played!

They traded him to help the team because at heart Randy is a malcontent unless everything is going his way and he can't help who he is...

Again, Wilfork noted yesterday that when he feels bad about his stats (or contract) relative to team performance and goals he glances at the sign on the locker room wall that states mental toughness is doing what is right for the team when everything isn't going right for you. Pasting up inspirational messages is a waste of time and space unless you live what you preach and hold everyone else in the organization accountable to. Check your ego at the door. Do your job. Job one in Randy Moss' world is getting what Randy needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back