PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not sure why I clicked on this link...

fthisthread.gif

Hah! Yeah, it is a PARTICULARLY awful thread: some guys are screeching that Brady's fixated on Moss, conveniently forgetting that he tossed about 6000 balls Welker's way, last year...Which is proof, in MY mind, that General Tom Brady is STILL focused on finding the Open Guy: Welker WAS that far above the rest, last year. Fortunately, we now have Gronk, my boy Hernandez, and a seasoned Edelman, in addition to the emergence of Tate and Price to look forward to. :cool:

But, yes: an AWFUL thread!! I've been saying we should trade Moss for 3 years, but not in the middle of the bloody SEASON!! :eek:

Hah! Yeah, it is a PARTICULARLY awful thread: some guys are screeching that Brady's fixated on Moss, conveniently forgetting that he tossed about 6000 balls Welker's way, last year...Which is proof, in MY mind, that General Tom Brady is STILL focused on finding the Open Guy: Welker WAS that far above the rest, last year. Fortunately, we now have Gronk, my boy Hernandez, and a seasoned Edelman, in addition to the emergence of Tate and Price to look forward to. :cool:

But, yes: an AWFUL thread!! I've been saying we should trade Moss for 3 years, but not in the middle of the bloody SEASON!! :eek:

Trade Moss for what? He's old, so we wont get a 1st, and people know he needs a good QB or he wont do great. so that takes a bunch of teams out the trade list. most teams already have good receivers too so that makes about 4 or 5 teams that can really use him. Chargers, Steelers, Bears, Redskins. Doubt any of those teams will give their good defensive players for Moss either

Moss is hurting Brady's focus and needs to be traded. I agree with the guy who started this thread.

All the Best,

Darrelle Revis

Trade Moss for what? He's old, so we wont get a 1st, and people know he needs a good QB or he wont do great.

What??

Culpepper went to SEED when Moss left, my friend. Moss MADE him.

And you're naive if you think we can't get a first for him, this Winter.

I'm not going to be equally naive and tell you I KNOW what his Market will be, because it's only 2 weeks into the season...but this is a CONTRACT YEAR, my friend: His LAST Contract Year. That means the last Big Pay Day he will have in his entire LIFE. Are you honestly going to try to tell me that Randy's not going to go ALL OUT, this year, to amass as LOFTY a set of stats as POSSIBLE??

And when ~ health allowing ~ he DOES so...that'll mean that by Franchising him ~ whenever we DO get a new CBA, that is ~ we'll be locking up a guy coming off an HUGE year: One of the 2 greatest Wide Receivers EVER, and one who will very likely still be very productive for another 2 or 3 years, say, after this one.

You're telling me you don't think ANY team out there will drop a 1st Rounder on us, for the privilege of signing him?? :rolleyes:

All it takes is ONE, my friend, and last I heard, Snyder is STILL running the Washington Generals!! :D

These would be my Prime Targets:

Generals: Synder is the best bet, with a long history of such foolish Big Money moves, and an HUGE need at Wide Receiver.

Bears: LOTS of stupid Big Money moves, the last 2 years, and an huge need at Wide Receiver.

Jets!! :eek: Why the hell NOT?? Lots of Top Heavy moves, the last few years, they fit the profile PERFECTLY. Of course, it'll never happen, but it DOES makes sense.

What??

Culpepper went to SEED when Moss left, my friend. Moss MADE him.

And you're naive if you think we can't get a first for him, this Winter.

I'm not going to be equally naive and tell you I KNOW what his Market will be, because it's only 2 weeks into the season...but this is a CONTRACT YEAR, my friend: His LAST Contract Year. That means the last Big Pay Day he will have in his entire LIFE. Are you honestly going to try to tell me that Randy's not going to go ALL OUT, this year, to amass as LOFTY a set of stats as POSSIBLE??

And when ~ health allowing ~ he DOES so...that'll mean that by Franchising him ~ whenever we DO get a new CBA, that is ~ we'll be locking up a guy coming off an HUGE year: One of the 2 greatest Wide Receivers EVER, and one who will very likely still be very productive for another 2 or 3 years, say, after this one.

You're telling me you don't think ANY team out there will drop a 1st Rounder on us, for the privilege of signing him?? :rolleyes:

All it takes is ONE, my friend, and last I heard, Snyder is STILL running the Washington Generals!! :D

These would be my Prime Targets:

Generals: Synder is the best bet, with a long history of such foolish Big Money moves, and an HUGE need at Wide Receiver.

Bears: LOTS of stupid Big Money moves, the last 2 years, and an huge need at Wide Receiver.

Jets!! :eek: Why the hell NOT?? Lots of Top Heavy moves, the last few years, they fit the profile PERFECTLY. Of course, it'll never happen, but it DOES makes sense.
THe only team dumb enough to give a 1st for a 34 year old is the Raiders, and they already gave us Moss for barely anything... Al davis may have already forgotten he had him in the first place so he might take him back. Redskin? NOPE, this offseason they signed NOBODY on this uncapped year because their new GM. Snyder has a new accountant. Bears? They already paid Peppers, they aren't paying for another old dude.

facepalmzzzp11.gif

Last edited:
^ I almost have a feeling that some of these people are Jets or Colts fans who want to make our team suck. :lol2:
the team does suck. they dont have to do anything.

Absolutely beautifull post, Brother Mo. :cool:

Prima Donnas get you in the PlayOffs.

Scrappers...win the PlayOffs.

Reggie... Wayne. 99 Rams...

So you rather Tyree than Moss? Even though Tyree drops that pass 9 times out of 10 and the Patriots (and Moss with the winning catch) win the superbowl at a perfect 19-0, you still rather Tyree because ya know hindsight is 20/20 and history is guaranteed to ALWAYS repeat itself.

Branch isn't winning anything anymore. Givens? Dillon was a "loser" for a while. Wiggins? Redman? Pass? In order to win a superbowl you need a LOT of factors to go your way, least of which is a little bit of good fortune and playing well at the end of the year. 03-04 is an aberation of dominance in the salary cap era.

Just stop trying to find a scapegoat.

Must. Not. Click. On. Thread.

demotivational-posters-prenatal-facepalm.jpg

This thread is sewage.

With all the crazy **** thats been posted since the loss by overreacting chicken littles I was waiting for someone to post this, thanks for not letting me down :bricks:
Sooner or later all the dumb ideas have to get posted, don't they? Leaving us with rational postings?

How hard do people work to think up this stuff? It's comical.

At least that guy in PA seems to have exhausted his supply of over-reacting tomfoolery.

Off the Grid, are you suggesting that teams routinely win 21 games in a row, go 14-2 in back to back seasons while winning back to back superbowls? Are you suggesting that it is not a near impossible thing to accomplish in the salary cap era? What exactly are you laughing about. Or are you just another one of those ridiculously high expectations type of people with a complete lack of perspective, thereby diminishing how truly special that 2 year dominance was.

Off the Grid, are you suggesting that teams routinely win 21 games in a row, go 14-2 in back to back seasons while winning back to back superbowls? Are you suggesting that it is not a near impossible thing to accomplish in the salary cap era? What exactly are you laughing about. Or are you just another one of those ridiculously high expectations type of people with a complete lack of perspective, thereby diminishing how truly special that 2 year dominance was.

Yet AGAIN, my point sailed a MILE above your head!! :eek:

vader-fail.jpg

Your last "point" consisted of lol emoticons and fail pictures.

Your premise that "prima donna" WRs can't win a SB because of the salary demands is flat out wrong. In 2007, a freakish series of events kept a team featuring Moss from winning a SB, not Moss' salary.

Since you don't feel Reggie Wayne is a "prima donna", please list all prima donna receivers in the NFL. Please go on record as stating that no team that ever pays one of those WRs will win a SB.

The inability to pay top price for multiple roster spots because of the salary cap is a valid point. To limit that to the WR position is flat out wrong. Aside from QB, the "top paid" players are usually signed by teams that are desperately trying to find a quick fix and/or generate more revenue. Thus it is true that most top-paid players at all positions are not conducive to building a complete roster. It is NOT true to say that you can't win a SB if you have a top-paid player on any specific position.

Now feel free to respond with italics, bold, underlines, emoticons and fail pics to get your "point" across.

Sorry, emo, but as you persist in both missing my points and then fabricating them out of thin air, your relentless lies and confused ramblings simply don't warrant response.

And I grow weary of pointing and laughing at you.

My gift to you: Feel free to have the last word on this, but forgive me if I don't ever bother coming back to this awful, awful thread to read it:

Please don't ever put those two names in the same sentence.

And neither have won anything in more than 15 years.

I would've thought you would've known that.

Over the last 15 years, there've been exactly ZERO teams that featured a (near) Jerry Rice Level Prima Donna Alpha WideOut...who've won ANYTHING.

There's nothing wrong with having excellent receivers who can make plays: Wes Welker, Marquis de Colston, Shooter Harrison, Torry Holt, and Isaac the Bruce, for instance.

Nothing wrong with passing the Ball.

My contention is that, since the advent of the Salary Cap ~ 15 years ago ~ Prima Donna Alpha Level WideOuts are not worth their keep.

It's no coincidence that they haven't won squat:

If you pay them, that means that you don't pay an handfull of vital Brick + Mortar guys that help you Move the Chains, Stop Drives, and Make Plays.

Sorry, emo, but as you persist in both missing my points and then fabricating them out of thin air, your relentless lies and confused ramblings simply don't warrant response.

And I grow weary of pointing and laughing at you.

My gift to you: Feel free to have the last word on this, but forgive me if I don't ever bother coming back to this awful, awful thread to read it:

Your point was quite clearly, and I quote "Prima Donna Alpha Level WideOuts are not worth their keep...It's no coincidence that they haven't won squat". But I suppose calling me "emo" and accusing me of lies is simpler than explaining yourself or even at least listing all the prima donna alpha wideouts in the NFL.

The Only reason Primadonna WRs don't win superbowls is because most don't have a good quarterback or a defense. the Colts did, the Pats did but lost the superbowl. Andre Johnson doesn't have the team to get there, and Fitz got close too. Nobody with a brain should ever think getting rid of Moss would help the team in any way... Moss does so much just by standing in the field so he's too valuable. I know why Moss says people in NE don't want to see him do good.

Seems to me Brady is no longer the Brady of old. The quick read, quick release, great decisionmaker is now a shaky, seemingly uncomfortable QB in pressure situations. My feeling is Moss is the reason. He has a bizzare realtionship with Moss on the field. Moss, a player who is arguably the greatest long ball threat in the NFL, but can do little else, that demands that Brady do what he really doesn't do very well: throw a long ball. End result: boom or bust offensive production.

I say trade Moss. Force the offense to go back to the formula that worked TO Brady's strengths, not one that works away from them.

Its either that, or find a bookend for Moss, a la Stallworth, that can put so much vertical pressure on the defense, that Brady will have much easier throws down the field due to a higher incidence of down field separation.

For all you posters who took turns tooling on me...

This trade has absolutely ZERO to do with your ****ty logic and ****ty thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results