Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trade Moss

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Iron Helmet, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron Helmet

Iron Helmet Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Seems to me Brady is no longer the Brady of old. The quick read, quick release, great decisionmaker is now a shaky, seemingly uncomfortable QB in pressure situations. My feeling is Moss is the reason. He has a bizzare realtionship with Moss on the field. Moss, a player who is arguably the greatest long ball threat in the NFL, but can do little else, that demands that Brady do what he really doesn't do very well: throw a long ball. End result: boom or bust offensive production.

I say trade Moss. Force the offense to go back to the formula that worked TO Brady's strengths, not one that works away from them.

Its either that, or find a bookend for Moss, a la Stallworth, that can put so much vertical pressure on the defense, that Brady will have much easier throws down the field due to a higher incidence of down field separation.
  2. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If any of that was even remotely true I'm more worried about our organization making Chad Pennington 2.0 the highest paid player in the NFL, trading Moss would be the least of our worries.
  3. aurakilla

aurakilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no...........
  4. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uhhhh 2007? Remember that?
  5. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Yeah that's it... and now explain how Welker leads the league in receptions over the past 3 years??
  6. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Trading Moss is just stupid and would cripple the offense, especially with the lack of running game the Pats have which is probably one of the worst in the NFL. Now if Jackson happened to be traded for the trading of Moss would be a bit more justifiable, but not logical.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

This idea is crazy ...

But if you feel so strongly about it how about suggesting some sets where Moss stays on the bench ... he shouldn't play so many snaps anyways.
  8. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

With all the crazy **** thats been posted since the loss by overreacting chicken littles I was waiting for someone to post this, thanks for not letting me down :bricks:
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Brace yourself for the 'Why not let Hoyer start a game" thread. :bricks::bricks::bricks:
  10. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 13 / -8

QBs are taught to throw the ball to outside receivers in single man to man coverage with no one over the top.
    Offenses work very hard to get that.
    We have arguably the best deep threat the league has seen in years, and you find it bizarre that the relationship between him and the QB is that the QB throws to him when he is in single coverage????????
  11. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +252 / 13 / -8

Hey the Fire BB suggestion has been floated today.
    Lets trade Brady, fire BB, hire Rob Ryan as HC and run the ball and play aggressive defense.
    Hell if we draw teams with nothing to play for in the last 2 weeks we might even back into a playoff spot.
  12. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Hey Andy,

Is there any way to rate a thread lower than 1-star? If there is, this thread deserves it.
  13. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

Sure trade Moss !

Why do we need Moss when we have a beast like BJGE running the ball.
    :eek:::wha::confused2::confused3::rolleyes2::nooo::pigsfly::pigsfly::pigsfly:
  14. stavros27

stavros27 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's a funny idea...why not trade Welker? Brady has relied and keyed in on him so much in the passing game that he seems lost at times when Welker isn't open. Maybe Welker has been the problem all along? Maybe Moss AND Welker have actually made Brady worse?

Bring David Patten back from retirement and trade Moss and Welker for Deion Branch and Mike Williams from Seattle. Wide Receiver dilemma solved. :singing:
  15. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

I guarantee that If Moss were to go down tomorrow in practice you would see exactly how much less our offense would be. Welker wouldn't look as good if Moss was gone.
  16. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +252 / 13 / -8

The only way I know is to not bother reading it. Usually doesnt work for me, as a glutten for punishment.
  17. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 2 / -8

#11 Jersey

i could not agree with you more. i for one cant wait for moss to be gone. i think moss has a very strong personality and it over powers brady. brady use to just throw the ball to who ever was open no matter who it was. thats no longer the case. i think brady is feeling pressure to throw the ball to moss even when hes not open.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  18. jsull87

jsull87 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

what he said
  19. STUB STUB

STUB STUB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this is a pretty cogent argument, actually; especially given randy's new penchant for dropping slant and out-route balls.
  20. montwells.com

montwells.com Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I understand the frustration with Moss... the first few passes to him he could of easily reached out and grabbed. However, he doesn't want to get hurt especially without have an extension in place.... so maybe the better thing to do would be to extend him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.