PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough Night For Patriots: Fletcher, Lockett, Woodhead Banged Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Woodhead

In cases like that, where he gets cut from the roster and doesn't have a chance to be fined, IMO the fine should go to the coach instead. Those guys are out there trying to impress the coaches and earn a roster spot. Maybe some of these coaches who can't/won't run a tight ship would suddenly start caring a little if their wallet stood to take a hit.

the problem is....how do you do that to other coaches in this league when that out of control Wrecks warthog is running amok in Jersey?

you all SAW what he did DURING a game...running out on the field while the ball is still in play, honking wildly, throwing his hat and stomping on it, screaming obscenities at the referees...Goodell has sanctioned all this raging lunacy because it attracts more fans. I would opine that these "fans" that are attracted would be better served wearing a number and making license plates than be catered to like that idiot fatty,Snooky, on Jersey shore.

You guys were going 100mph on defense and offense. Maybe a lil too much for a preseason game?

Tell that to Rex Ryan. He seemed to think it was the Super Bowl and he was losing it!

My concern is that this is not Woodhead's first concussion in a Pats uniform.

He'll be ready for the regular season!

Woodhead will be fine. He will take a few days off and be fine. The doctors will be cautious with him, but the Patriots know his value to the team and he will make plenty of big plays this season. I also have been hearing that he is becoming more of a vocal leader on the field which I like to compliment the fact that he already leads by example on the field.

well..I think we all know the first thing the Jets would have done for Woody in this situation would have been to break out the toe scented smelling salts..

450x362-alg_jets.jpg

I bet he's glad he signed with N.E. and got out of that cheese factory...

That was Devin Holland, an UDFA rookie. Probably won't make the team- in cases like that, where he gets cut from the roster and doesn't have a chance to be fined, IMO the fine should go to the coach instead. Those guys are out there trying to impress the coaches and earn a roster spot. Maybe some of these coaches who can't/won't run a tight ship would suddenly start caring a little if their wallet stood to take a hit.

That same douchebag had a cheap hit last week too. And **** Blount for defending him. Garbage organization.

Looked to me like he practically launched himself and led with his helmet right to Woodhead's helmet. That's gotta be a fine in my opinion

If the bucs release him I hope he gets picked up in New England as fodder for a couple of pads sessions.

Cowardly hit.

Wow, I missed what it is that you guys are talking about. I never saw the big hit. Where the heck was I when it happened?

I'll look at it again, but it sure as Hell looked like he ABSOLUTELY led with his helmet to me. No way he doesn't get fined.

Yeah, no question about this one. Head down right into woodhead's face.

Pretty obvious to me he led with his helmet...

The guy that took the cheapshot will be flippin burgers for minimum wage in a few weeks.....

Justice will be served....

Well, I watched the youtube link. My initial impression while watching the game couldn't have been more wrong.

That was an intentional hit. He put his helmet down and put a hit on Woodhead's helmet. That was a cheap hit.

I stand corrected.

Woodhead is a gamer.....so unless he is on the back of a milk carton...he is out there giving it his all .....:rocker:

I was distressed by the fact that in addition to the hit he also have to board a plane. That can complicate things. I sincerely hope this new father is okay. That hit was very unprofessional and sleezy.

Last edited:

Zo, who flies on that same plane, just said very matter of factly..."he's fine".

Kid is tough. They were talking about a boxing match it was a TKO. I disagree. He easily beat the 10 second clock and wouldn't have let the ref stop the bout!

Wow that was a brutal, brutal hit. Woody is a tough MFer. Truly represents what it means to be a Patriot.

The Dr. may have been laughing and BB may have said he looked OK, but the trainer did walk away with woody's helmet.

Not saying this implies anything and probably a normal thing to do with that kind of hit. But I did notice that as they were smiling, they were picking up his helmet.

Yup... They were all smiling and talking. As the doctor started to back up just a bit, Danny reached down for his helmet, and the doc, still smiling, just put his hand on the facemask and took it away from him then walked away. :cool:

A gentle, but firm way of saying "sorry, kid......."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand