PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough Night For Patriots: Fletcher, Lockett, Woodhead Banged Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Woodhead

The Dr. may have been laughing and BB may have said he looked OK, but the trainer did walk away with woody's helmet.

Not saying this implies anything and probably a normal thing to do with that kind of hit. But I did notice that as they were smiling, they were picking up his helmet.

JustintuckRule has been handled, let's not call attention to his now deleted post.

JustintuckRule has been handled, let's not call attention to his now deleted post.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Thank you Nut. Danny looks like no worse for wear. My wife (of 16 years) thinks he's cute and was upset about that hit. I'm coming down for Bledsoe's Patriot HOF induction and hope to cross paths with him among many others. He's a tough kid you can't help but root for.

Jersey colors take a back seat to this stuff, that hit made me nervous and I hope he really is okay.

It reminded me of this hit from a few years ago, Brad got leveled then jumped right back up before feeling it agian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZiHzZgottA

Last edited:

I'm just hoping Brady doesn't take a hit like that from Suh :(

the term "Beast" is overused, but SUH is a true BEAST!

Tough Night For Patriots: Fletcher, Lockett, Woodhead Banged Up
By: Ian Logue

New England dealt with several players getting hurt Thursday night during their win over Tampa Bay....

Jersey colors take a back seat to this stuff, that hit made me nervous and I hope he really is okay.

It reminded me of this hit from a few years ago, Brad got leveled then jumped right back up before feeling it agian.

Patrick Willis Hits Brad Smith - YouTube

I forgot about that hit. Those hits are scary on a human level. I think everyone at PatsFans will applaude your genuine concern about a players personal well-being. Forget about all the military metaphors for a second and realize these are still people.

Danny is always going to be at risk for things like this. it's the down side of being such small man in a land of giants.

Sucks.

is THAT your excuse for YOUR rats looking like rewarmed turds last Monday??

REX is smarter!!!~He makes Jets play less hard in preseason so they don't get hurt like Patriots!!Spygate!!Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!..

green+colour+dress+pretty+sweet+kids+cried+wallpapers.jpg

Last edited:
You guys were going 100mph on defense and offense. Maybe a lil too much for a preseason game?
I've never played football in pads, but all I hear from EVERYONE who ever has, says if you don't go 100% thats how you get hurt.

To elaborate on what I said in the game thread: I hope that #%@% never plays another down in the NFL.

If he does, though, it's gonna be a while before he gets paid. :mad:

That was Devin Holland, an UDFA rookie. Probably won't make the team- in cases like that, where he gets cut from the roster and doesn't have a chance to be fined, IMO the fine should go to the coach instead. Those guys are out there trying to impress the coaches and earn a roster spot. Maybe some of these coaches who can't/won't run a tight ship would suddenly start caring a little if their wallet stood to take a hit.

Last edited:

I didn't think it was particularly cheap. He was right there in he play near he returner. It didn't look like the guy intentionally led with his helmet or anything.

I'll look at it again, but it sure as Hell looked like he ABSOLUTELY led with his helmet to me. No way he doesn't get fined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes