PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough Night For Patriots: Fletcher, Lockett, Woodhead Banged Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hit on Woodhead

It's one of those things that if I have to explain it, then you would never understand.

I understand completly. I also understand we have 3 Lombardi's. How many do the Jets have? You do kick our butt in coach employment though. :D

It was a clean hit.

Started off fore arms to forearms and then slid up, no helmet contact.

That's football. JMHO

Don't you have enough to do posting the same crap at JI? Forearms my ass. That board has gone down hill like a stone since Rex took over. There use to be some good posters like Ham, but the IQ level is so low now it makes Ray Ray look reasonable.

I've heard that teams take on the personality of their coach, do message-boards too? No wonder it's filled with loud-mouth, low class ass-holes.

If that proved you right, then Bugs Bunny has been proving Elmer Fudd right for almost a century. You might wanna open some windows. Those paint fumes are really taking their toll.

===============================================

Sorry guy's, I have been a little over emotional lately, that combined with the fumes and this is what you get.

==============================================

Here is a clip of Cotchery playing like a Jet, this is maybe the best way for me to show you, maybe you are familiar with the play, if not watch for the replay at the end of the catch,

Jerricho Cotchery -- tough as nails - YouTube

Had pats not been able to get Ocho, would of loved to had gotten Cotchery. That one game in 06 when pats took a 24-0 lead he almost single handely brought them back to win the game. And that catch on 3rd down in the playoffs.....still painful to think about.

=========================================
I told you if I had to explain it you wouldn't understand, and you proved me right.:(

All I said is that Cotchery obviously doesn't agree with you. Just strange that you'd hold up as the Jets ideal a guy who gave up $1M so that he could go play somewhere else.

Last edited:

Sorry guy's, I have been a little over emotional lately, that combined with the fumes and this is what you get.

No prob. maybe a change of jerseys will perk you up :rocker: Just sayin..

Come join your buddies Ellis, Ihedigbo, and Woodhead... you know you want to ;)

Corrected your quote. The way Woodhead has played for the PAtriots, there are at least 10 players less talented on the Jets, including Knight.
It's McKnight. The jury is still out. . . wait, verdict! . . . he sukks.

Clearly helmet to helmet and will be a fine by the league! Go back under whatever bridge you crawled out from you Jet Troll!

I despise the J-E-S-T more than most here, but Gunns is no troll.

I couldn't watch the part of the game during which Woody was hit, and I haven't yet seen the replay on the NFLN, so I'm not sure if the hit was legal or not; but there is one thing about which I am absolutely certain:
There is no way - no feckin way whatsoever - that Bill should've allowed his starting Tailback to be on the field at that time. That was a recklessly stupid decision that reminded me of his Special Olympic-sized mistake of playing Welker at Houston for the last reg. season game of '09.

Woody is now finished for the pre-season. Let's hope/pray that he's not out longer than that.

"Plays like a Jet" is an insult because he is far better off in a WINNING environment; a team that doesn't choke in 2 consecutive AFCCG games

As opposed to a team that has lost its last 3 PO games, incl. 2 at home?

Let he who is without PO losses cast the first stone, I'm just saying.

It's one of those things that if I have to explain it, then you would never understand.

C'mon, he's a Jets fan, so he means that as a compliment.

And i watched and rewatched that thing. It was definitely helmet first, though the cutback of the runner threw the defender off balance so I don't think he meant it, he pivoted off balance and hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes