PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Jackson again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it every week why do you guy watch that pathetic ESPN pregame show, it's the same every week. They really don't provide much in the way of new info or great personalities tell us about the games so what is the point.

I avoid them at all costs, but enjoy reading the snippets of inflated BS that they spew.. give me the game any day, too much prognostication and self inflation..

Tom Jackson is a nice person

Last edited:
Now that statement is just outright WRONG. There are very few (on this or any other fan board), if any who know more about football than the guys on ESPN or the NFL network...actually, there are probably none. Most of these guys have either reported on the game for decades or actually played the game. There are some who actually believe that even if you never PLAYED the game, you can know more about football than guys who played in the NFL. Allow me to dispell that belief right now. That is a lie.

Especially given that most of the guys commenting on these networks are current & future HALL OF FAMERS...so please, don't make embaressing comments.

Now, having said that, their opinions are often off the wall and biased. I'll give you that. But if I want to hear information on what it will take to win a game, this is not the place to get it...sorry Patsfans!:cool:

Just as lots of players who "played the game" are not capable of making the grade as a coach, not all these guys are adept at analysis, either. Telegenic faces and personality projection are very important in the studio, and things like talking in coherent sentences are a ways down the list.

That being said, I do agree with the guy who says contrarian views are encouraged in the name of foisting debate, and hence, ratings, upon us poor plebes.

But I will say this - it seems no one is quite as adept as Tom Jackson at putting their foot in their mouth, and doing it so frequently, with an aplomb I find rather disturbing.

But that's just ESPN, I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference