PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To those fans who booed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fans booing just don't understand football. The Patriots were deep in their own end. That's just playing it safe to remain in the game. Brady had already been picked too from even further upfield. The Cowboys messed around in a similar situation against the Redskins and it turned the game around.

People should recall that Madden thought the Patriots would play for overtime with over 1:30 left in the Super Bowl. That's a coach thinking.

The Ravens had all their timeouts. If the Patriots are on their 12 and they throw an incomplete pass on their first play, then what? Run or pass? And if the Ravens use their timeouts, they could get the ball on the 50 with plenty of time to kick a field goal.

I was booing for a lot of reasons.. Dropped passes on 3rd down.. a few missed tackles.. And some of the play selections.. Its part of the benefits of being a season ticket holder for 20 years.. I cheer them when they do well and boo them when they aren't..
Pathetic.....I don't care how long you have been a season ticket holder. Having a season ticket for twenty years doesn't mean your not some over grown child.

Last edited:
They were too deep in their own territory to risk it. They were getting the ball back anyway. The wind was blowing. An INT and three or seven at that point would have been a back breaker .

No more of a backbreaker than it would have been on the first drive of the 2nd half.

If you're too afraid your QB is going to throw an INT to try for a FG with 1:20 left from your own 20, you need a new QB.

I don't know where you got 1 minute+ but there were only about 30 seconds left for them to do anything at the half. And they were on their own 12. Not worth the risk for such a short amount of time and the booing was ridiculous When they were only down by 3.

Baltimore ran its 3rd down with over 1:20. Bellichick let the entire play clock run out before calling TO.

It was simply appalling. Even being way out here in Indiana watching the game, it made me sick. What's the matter with you - you expect perfection every time? Nothing in life or sport goes smooth all the way all the time. It simply doesn't happen that way.

I didn't agree with the decision, but I don't boo my Pats.

I had no idea why they didn't attempt the FG at the end of regulation, but I was like, "Eh. They know more than I do."

Booing your own team for anything but a lack of effort (which never happens in NE) is so unbelievably stupid. When you boo you look like a spoiled little brat. Next time you're dissatisfied, try something a little more mature, like plugging up your ears and holding your breath until your face turns blue.

PS The Patriots want to win a helluva lot more than you want them to win, and they know a zillion percent more than you about how to do it. God, the egos in this place.

Youre a disgrace

It was embarrassing, sure you may not agree with every decision but to boo your team? Nantz, Simms and half the NE team couldn't believe it

You dont deserve this team

So Joe, what's the difference between fans at the game who boo and fans in the game thread who quit on the team when they're down and pronounce them a second tier team?

Just askin someone who would know. Personally I think they are one in the same. And they live in glass houses...

I was booing for a lot of reasons.. Dropped passes on 3rd down.. a few missed tackles.. And some of the play selections.. Its part of the benefits of being a season ticket holder for 20 years.. I cheer them when they do well and boo them when they aren't..

I didn't boo, but I understand where you're coming from. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years myself and I always get a kick out of these lecture threads. Everyone who goes to the games sucks and everyone who watches at home are hard core.

I had no idea why they didn't attempt the FG at the end of regulation, but I was like, "Eh. They know more than I do."

It would have tied teh NFL record. Whats the chance of hittin it? 10%?

It would have tied teh NFL record. Whats the chance of hittin it? 10%?

It would have been a yard short of the record, with a tailwind. I'm pretty sure the odds of hitting it, whatever they were, would be better than a Hail Mary.

Edited: Don't know why I said Denver. :D

Last edited:
I don't know where you got 1 minute+ but there were only about 30 seconds left for them to do anything at the half. And they were on their own 12. Not worth the risk for such a short amount of time and the booing was ridiculous When they were only down by 3.

There was only 30 seconds left because they failed to call a timeout until that point. I know that is what I was pissed about. They burned 15-30 seconds before they called it.

Baltimore ran its 3rd down with over 1:20. Bellichick let the entire play clock run out before calling TO.

This.

We couldn't believe what we were seeing.

I didn't boo, but I understand where you're coming from. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years myself and I always get a kick out of these lecture threads.
Everyone who goes to the games sucks and everyone who watches at home are hard core.

No, not everyone at the game, just the ones that booed. I waited 11 years for my season tickets(my second year with them now). I had a "right" to boo but It honestly never crossed my mind to and I was very disappointed with the fans that chose to. "Spoiled" was the word that came to mind.

I didn't boo, but I understand where you're coming from. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years myself and I always get a kick out of these lecture threads. Everyone who goes to the games sucks and everyone who watches at home are hard core.

You hit the nail on the head.

It would have been a yard short of the record, with a tailwind. I'm pretty sure the odds of hitting it, whatever they were, would be better than a Hail Mary.

Edited: Don't know why I said Denver. :D

A tailwind helps with the distance, but the longer the distance, the smaller the cone of angles where the kick is good, and the tailwind may actually hurt with that.

Kickers hit 55 yd fieldgoals less than 25% of the time. You take it out to 62, I'd bet its really low. That being said, long kicks are low kicks, and low kicks are easier to block.

A blocked kick would certainly have been much worse than a INT in the endzone.

Also, others have rightly observed that a missed FG can be returned. A skiller returner could have wreaked havoc with the Pats FG crew. Not worth the risk.

A tailwind helps with the distance, but the longer the distance, the smaller the cone of angles where the kick is good, and the tailwind may actually hurt with that.

Kickers hit 55 yd fieldgoals less than 25% of the time. You take it out to 62, I'd bet its really low. That being said, long kicks are low kicks, and low kicks are easier to block.

A blocked kick would certainly have been much worse than a INT in the endzone.

I disagree. I should boo you.

Also, others have rightly observed that a missed FG can be returned. A skiller returner could have wreaked havoc with the Pats FG crew. Not worth the risk.

I doubt there would have been a returner, as I bet Baltimore would have tried to block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye