PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To those fans who booed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to add that the same applies to all the patsfans posters who were quitting on the team midway through the 3rd quarter, reminding all of us just how dumb was Belichick for trading Moss, how much our D sucked, how Branch was a cast-off, how BJGE was dancing around, and so on.

Gosh, this team has been the best of the decade, and since 2007 it seems that a lot of spoiled-brats have become pats fans, and those are the ones who are always complaining that the offense didn't score 50 points, and how the defense was bad enough to allow a catch...

Let me tell you something, back in 01, 03 and 04, games were won methodically, with a smart offense and a defense that no matter how many yards or points allowed, it came up big at the end...

That is the true patriot way... Scoring 50 points on teams, and going 16-0 was fun, but that's not the way we became an elite team...

Last edited:
You are so cool. I wish I could be you. With the world revolving around you, how do you control the gravitational forces? I'd think that would make bathroom breaks difficult.

Seriously? I thought some of the other replies are bad.. But u just took that award..

Buffalo defense =/= Ravens defense.

Honestly, NE should've just knelt on the ball everytime they had it in the 2nd half because the Ravens defense was just that good... They should've hoped that the D could score the necessary touchdowns to win the game...

What's the difference if it happens at the end of the 1st half or anywhere in the 2nd? I really don't get it. You gave up an offensive possession with what could've been a lot of time to score (in a high reward low risk situation due to the time and timeouts left by both teams). And rest assured, if they lost the game this would be a point of contention.

The Ravens had only 1 timeout left. You can call at least one intermediate pass play, and if it doesn't work you can kneel and there's NOTHING the Ravens can do. It was bad situational football. I wasn't happy. I didn't boo, but good for the people who did. At 1:03 I said "time out". At 0:55 I said "TIME OUT". At 0:45 I was yelling "WHERE'S THE F@#$ING TIME OUT?". 10 seconds later they got it, only to give up on the possession.

And honestly, Belichick said as much on WEEI. They were confused. If you wanna be stubborn, here's a transcript of one question:

"Coach at the end half, they were punting. Had a minute I think left and near three timeouts. You chose not to call timeout and then at 36 seconds I think you call timeout, and then they punt it to you, and you knelt down on the ball. What was the thought processes in that? Why not call a timeout with a minute and 3 and get the ball with two timeouts and try to move it."

BB: "Uhh... Probably could've done that Fred, probably could've done it".

Then they asked him more about that play and he said wasn't it 4th and 1? He/they were confused. It's simple. It wasn't intentional. People make mistakes...

I think thats exactly the point. They could have done it, and they probably should have done it. So they made a mistake.

But they are our team!!! Thats hardly a mistake worth turning our backs on our own guys. Do you boo your own guys at every dropped pass? do you boo them on every blown coverage?

If you really need to air it out what a complete moron BB is, call Sprts radio on monday or write one of this hilarious Forum posts.

But booing at that point in such a tight game, was a mistake from the fans, far more severe than the time management mistake they wanted to point out.

Seriously folks, if you want a loud, lusty crowd, you are going to have to take a few boos with the cheers. There is no pleasing some people. The team didn't complain, so why are you?

Honestly, NE should've just knelt on the ball everytime they had it in the 2nd half because the Ravens defense was just that good... They should've hoped that the D could score the necessary touchdowns to win the game...

What's the difference if it happens at the end of the 1st half or anywhere in the 2nd? I really don't get it.

How can you not understand it? The answer is obvious. In the second half, you can start at your 12, gain 2.5 yards on each play, score a TD, and by so doing, you can run 26 minutes off the play clock.

You're reading a lot into that!

No more of a backbreaker than it would have been on the first drive of the 2nd half.

If you're too afraid your QB is going to throw an INT to try for a FG with 1:20 left from your own 20, you need a new QB.

I agree, sounds like folks fear the Ravens. If they could get it back and drive for a FG in a minute off our mistake with Flacco then we could do the same with Brady.

I agree, sounds like folks fear the Ravens. If they could get it back and drive for a FG in a minute off our mistake with Flacco then we could do the same with Brady.

Neglecting the fact, of course, that Flacco would start at around his 45 and Brady at around his 10.

Jeez people!

Neglecting the fact, of course, that Flacco would start at around his 45 and Brady at around his 10.

Jeez people!

I am thinking a hail Mary type pick like at the end of regulation. If it was ran out to the 10 or downed in the endzone what gives them a better chance? I think we are good enough to play agressive at all times, it just doesn't matter because we pulled off a comeback anyways.

It never ceases to amaze me.

The Patriots have who is considered one of the best coaching them, they have who is considered one of the best playing QB. For any fan to think they know more then either of these two is a joke !!!

Who knows what going through their minds, maybe Belichick was already thinking about the adjustments he wanted to make and just wanted to get off the field so he could make them. Honestly, no poster in this forum knows half of what this guy knows about football and to judge the way posters do makes you look foolish. Even if you have a small point, you don't know all the facts behind the call, so in reality you don't know what your talking about.

As far as the booing is concerned, it's their right to do it, I support that right ! Most of these people paid good money for those seats and should be able to boo whenever they want to. At the same time it's simpleminded and selfish to think the Pats should do what you think they should do instead of wondering why their doing what their doing and excepting the fact there are some things you just don't know. Booing (in this specific case) shows lack of patience, understanding and class !

Honestly from what I've seen, fans of the Patriots are spoiled and feel entitled. I live in Pittsburgh and from what I see we're half the fans that the Steeler fans are !

What's the difference if it happens at the end of the 1st half or anywhere in the 2nd? I really don't get it. You gave up an offensive possession with what could've been a lot of time to score (in a high reward low risk situation due to the time and timeouts left by both teams). And rest assured, if they lost the game this would be a point of contention.

The Ravens had only 1 timeout left. You can call at least one intermediate pass play, and if it doesn't work you can kneel and there's NOTHING the Ravens can do. It was bad situational football. I wasn't happy. I didn't boo, but good for the people who did. At 1:03 I said "time out". At 0:55 I said "TIME OUT". At 0:45 I was yelling "WHERE'S THE F@#$ING TIME OUT?". 10 seconds later they got it, only to give up on the possession.

And honestly, Belichick said as much on WEEI. They were confused. If you wanna be stubborn, here's a transcript of one question:

"Coach at the end half, they were punting. Had a minute I think left and near three timeouts. You chose not to call timeout and then at 36 seconds I think you call timeout, and then they punt it to you, and you knelt down on the ball. What was the thought processes in that? Why not call a timeout with a minute and 3 and get the ball with two timeouts and try to move it."

Then they asked him more about that play and he said wasn't it 4th and 1? He/they were confused. It's simple. It wasn't intentional. People make mistakes...

He said "could have," not "should have." He also said they "could have" just let the clock run, but he wanted to make the Ravens punt the ball.

There was no admission of a mistake or even regret in his comments.

I would like to add that the same applies to all the patsfans posters who were quitting on the team midway through the 3rd quarter, reminding all of us just how dumb was Belichick for trading Moss, how much our D sucked, how Branch was a cast-off, how BJGE was dancing around, and so on.

Gosh, this team has been the best of the decade, and since 2007 it seems that a lot of spoiled-brats have become pats fans, and those are the ones who are always complaining that the offense didn't score 50 points, and how the defense was bad enough to allow a catch...

Let me tell you something, back in 01, 03 and 04, games were won methodically, with a smart offense and a defense that no matter how many yards or points allowed, it came up big at the end...

That is the true patriot way... Scoring 50 points on teams, and going 16-0 was fun, but that's not the way we became an elite team...

This!

Welcome to Patsfans

Something very strange happens to the pink hat fantasy football fans posting in the game threads. The dark side takes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots