PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

time to play stork full time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's suggesting a modicum of patience. If many on this board had had their way, we wouldn't be getting out of Hightower what we're seeing right now.
It is nice to talk about being patient; however, if the sacks and hits continue at the present rate, it is only a
matter of time until Tom Brady is injured and out for the season. Then, we can write off the 2014 season and dream
about next year.

Not sure why everyone is jumping on me about talking about patience. I was just referencing what I thought Rayclay's meaning was (confirmed when I saw what he wrote in another thread). If you look upthread, I suggested an OL that didn't include Devey.

Not sure why everyone is jumping on me about talking about patience. I was just referencing what I thought Rayclay's meaning was (confirmed when I saw what he wrote in another thread). If you look upthread, I suggested an OL that didn't include Devey.

I think Devey is being singled out too much. He's overmatched as a starter right now, but he's still got promise. He hasn't been the only bad player on the line so far.

Asking the fan board to show patience is like asking them to show appreciation. It's not going to happen. Fortunately BB doesn't pay any attention to us.

Sorry if you took my post as me jumping on you. I was just responding. I'm actually in a great mood today, believe it or not. :)

NOW **** OFF!!!

When the Panters took the very talented--and possessing the perfect skillset the Patriots look for--Trai Turner of LSU in this year's draft in the third round, just before the pick of the Patriots, that's when they traded out of pick #92 for a fourth (which became Bryan Stork) and a sixth (who was Jamea Thomas).

We almost had our starting guard! (Turner has cracked the starting rotation down in Panther land.) Make me think they may have had their eyes solely on Turner, the athletic doppelganger to Brian Waters, the guy they had for a year from the Chiefs who performed so admirably at RG and, when Trai Turner was nabbed, they traded down to get more value. We didn't catch a break in this year's third round, methinks.

The truth is Connelly is traditionally a better center than he is a guard. Stabilizing the guard position was eminently do-able in the draft. We just got unlucky.

I also really liked David Yankey out of Stanford who went a lot later than most people predicted.

What I can't understand is how much Josh Kline improved last year in the few games he played. I had him penciled in as the starter LG, and Marcus Cannon at the RG, with Connelly moved back to center where he is more physical than a competent if occasionally overwhelmed Ryan Wendell.

I think Devey is being singled out too much. He's overmatched as a starter right now, but he's still got promise. He hasn't been the only bad player on the line so far.

Asking the fan board to show patience is like asking them to show appreciation. It's not going to happen. Fortunately BB doesn't pay any attention to us.
Perhaps, folks are over-reacting with regard to Devey. Obviously, 3 games does not determine a career. However, I don't think that it is over-reacting to expect/hope for Devey to be inactive.

Last edited:
I don't think Stork will start at KC next Monday. I think he will play at some point and then start from the next game on, but I would be surprised if we throw him into this very loud environment as a starter.

Except for the problem that Connolly was on the limited participation injured list for a knee and also a foot.

I think he's suggesting a modicum of patience. If many on this board had had their way, we wouldn't be getting out of Hightower what we're seeing right now.
Why should New England Patriots fans show any modicum of patience for a UDFA scrub?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...16/wendell-returns-to-health-connolly-limited
Devey was benched in the fourth quarter of Sunday's win against the Raiders.

It seems the New England Patriots coaching staff lost patience with the UDFA scrub.

Are you saying dante didn't show patience with UDFA? Especially at guard?
How do you know that Dante did not view Devey more as a Svitek replacement as the ninth offensive lineman (fourth offensive tackle) on the depth chart and not as a starting offensive guard?

Are you all right? Are you showing me that chung used to play for the eagles? why would that matter?

He was signed here and played in preseason games.
You claimed he played in the 2013 preseason for the Patriots. He was on the Eagles in 2013.

I'm doing great. You however seem desperate for some confrontation tonight, did you have a bad day at work?

How do you know that Dante did not view Devey more as a Svitek replacement as the ninth offensive lineman (fourth offensive tackle) on the depth chart and not as a starting offensive guard?

You seem to know a lot about Devey. I don't.

You claimed he played in the 2013 preseason for the Patriots. He was on the Eagles in 2013.

I'm doing great. You however seem desperate for some confrontation tonight, did you have a bad day at work?

I wrote that he played in 2013? I'd like to see that quote.

Show me a quote from Dante last season that he viewed Devey as a starting offensive guard in the NFL.

Who are you responding to? What does that have to do with the quote?

You are the one that brought up Dante Scarnecchia into the conversion vis-à-vis Jordan Devey.

I said Chung did not even play on the team in 2013, you said he played in the preseason; I said no, you said I am sure he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back