PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Charger fan was impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting to see if we have Thomas covering Gates or will we use Gay/Meriweather/Wilson

I was thinking the same thing (right around the time that Gates caught his 99th pass against the CHI DEF that seemed to have no answer for him). I think (and as usual... what I think means nothing... thankfully for ALL of us!) that it would be great to have AD on Gates, but that we're going to have to put Wilson or Meriweather on him as we'll need AD up front trying to stop LT. Regardless... that combination of LT and Gates has only gotten better and should give us (and every team they face) fits in prep... luckily we have BB to sort that out for us!

Don't forget about V. Jackson though... I know his statline didn't show it... but I think the put on a gutsy performance out there yesterday against some pretty good coverage... if Rivers can "get his groove back" and throw the ball like he did last year... we'd all better hope that AS is on his game again!

After yesterday's win... I think we COULD beat anybody... but if we do remains to be seen... esp. w/ how tough the Charges look. BTW: Didn't see it on here yet... but Cooper (ILB for Sd) played "lights out" football yesterday... I know that Merriman is considered the greatest, etc. etc... but Cooper looked TOUGH (He's a Maine boy... just FYI).

Personally, I don't think what a player says during the week makes that much difference come game time. Both these teams will be prepared for a tough game come Sunday.

I believe the key to winning this game comes down to who pressures the QB. If SD can get to Brady, then that negates some of the offensive weapons. Easier said than done though.

Personally, I don't think what a player says during the week makes that much difference come game time. Both these teams will be prepared for a tough game come Sunday.

I believe the key to winning this game comes down to who pressures the QB. If SD can get to Brady, then that negates some of the offensive weapons. Easier said than done though.

I couldnt agree more.

The players will decide the game on the field. These are two serious contenders and this will be a great game.

The Patriots have the experience as they proved in the playoffs when it came to the key plays but the Chargers are young, talented and improving. The Chargers more than held their own during their last visit to NE.

This is an exciting matchup, by far the best game of the early NFL season.

I think it will a be a good game. You guys are the favorites being that it is at your house on prime time and your home opener. It will be a very tough game for us. I have seen a couple of the interviews for the Chargers and they are trying to down play it. Our O played ok againts the Bears but the Bears with Tommie Harris are a diffrent team and he beat or O line the whole day. Good luck and putting my homer goggles down I can honestly say you guys win in a close game 21-17. It will be a hell of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back