PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two things can be true:

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
We have a ton of positives to take out of today. Mac looks much more like 2021 Mac. The offensive play calling was still spotty, but much much improved from last year. The defense held a top 5 offense in check most of the game and looked stout as ever for the most part. And it was a game we easily could have won against a team that may be one of the best 2-3 teams in the league.

Also:

The moral victories are getting really old. Too many games have ended like this the last 2-3 years. This team has to get better in clutch situations if it wants to go anywhere this year. The competition in this division is just too strong to afford to not be sharp in these moments.

They have failed in these situations time and time again and it has to change.

Defense is good I guess

But otherwise, this team is a joke and won't go anywhere. Harsh, but how many times do we have to see the same game play out?

This Pats team is a classic "not good" team that impressively plays up to their competition but comes up short.

Can we just finally agree that this team is going nowhere?

How many moral victories against goof teams do we have to witness for you to realize that this team is just not good?

They aren't that talented.
Their QB isn't great enough.
Their OC is overrated.
And yes, their coach is also overrated. Great defensive mind, but his situational football has greatly been exposed since Brady has left.

I can't wait till the end of the season when people start saying "if Boutte had just kept his foot inbounds" as to why the Pats were secretly good.
If you want to beat the Patriots, you better beat this team now. Because you're not going to be beat them later on. This team has the ingredients and it's going to be so good, teams will NOT beat them

The Patriots are going nowhere because they can't score these offenses in the NFL sleepwalk into 25 points on a C+ type of day, the Patriots need like the game of the year offensively or a bunch of turnovers to score 25.

Prob not enough will be said about BB making some odd decisions.

Obviously passing on 3 pts but also an odd deal where they took DOG instead of using a TO
That was a great decision in my mind.

But I wouldve punted anyway.

I was saying to me TV as that went down, don't call the TO, don't call the TO. Chances of completing a 4th and 17 are very low. Don't call a TO there

We have a ton of positives to take out of today. Mac looks much more like 2021 Mac. The offensive play calling was still spotty, but much much improved from last year. The defense held a top 5 offense in check most of the game and looked stout as ever for the most part. And it was a game we easily could have won against a team that may be one of the best 2-3 teams in the league.

Also:

The moral victories are getting really old. Too many games have ended like this the last 2-3 years. This team has to get better in clutch situations if it wants to go anywhere this year. The competition in this division is just too strong to afford to not be sharp in these moments.

They have failed in these situations time and time again and it has to change

This is where I'm at. They have yet to prove they can win these kinds of games... And until they do, they aren't a threat to do anything meaningful.

Biggest frustration is really this: that was a VERY winnable game and I am not sure next week is.

Biggest positive is they drafted a stud in the 2nd round. The defense will be better this season vs. elite offenses because of their pass rush depth & their ability to play man coverage.

The defense did their part. And that wasn’t even an A-game by them.

Reactions: Ian
The Patriots are going nowhere because they can't score these offenses in the NFL sleepwalk into 25 points on a C+ type of day, the Patriots need like the game of the year offensively or a bunch of turnovers to score 25.
Mac just tossed 3 TD’s and 300+ on a top 5 defense in the league. That’s not moot.

Thank you!
You just summed it up perfectly for me
It's been 3 years of the same old same not being able to close games out or coming back fully
Lack of clutch gene

That's a top Defense they played today. Also working with a new O Coordinator with new system and new guys may take some time to gel.

Defense is good I guess

But otherwise, this team is a joke and won't go anywhere. Harsh, but how many times do we have to see the same game play out?

This Pats team is a classic "not good" team that impressively plays up to their competition but comes up short.
Tbf the Eagles are very possibly going to be the best team they face all year. It's tough to say a close loss to them is a bad omen.

Tbf the Eagles are very possibly going to be the best team they face all year. It's tough to say a close loss to them is a bad omen.
His takes are a joke, Even after the bad start they showed they can play toe to toe with one of the better teams in the league.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back