PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two things can be true:

I'm rooting for MAC but I honestly don't think he's 'the guy', but would gladly be wrong on that. I thought yesterday was very encouraging for his development.

I didn't think the Pats offense would amount to much, but I was pleasantly surprised by their output yesterday. Sure, they had some three and outs, but who doesn't? Ultimately they did inspire confidence but unfortunately couldn't finish the job when it counted most.

I'm happy it was an entertaining game though.

But as the original poster said, that only takes you so far. I think about losing to the Dolphins in the opener of 21, or to the Bucs, Cowboys and Bengals last year. All looked like potential great comebacks only to fall just short. In each case our offense had the ball with a chance to close the game out 'but couldn't'. So I understand the OP's frustration, but I'll be honest that I was happy to see the Pats even just make a game out of it. (my bar has been lowered. This is no longer the Brady days)

So, KC and Cinci wont turn it around?

Why not?
KC is completely dependent on Kelce at this point and there's a good chance that knee will be trouble all season and Cinnci are frauds. Like you.

A lot of people here have no clue about the pre-21st century days for the Pats. None.
Just look at Cincy or the Bills. It took both teams forever to get where they are and now we want to be there but don’t want to put in the effort.

If being a playoff team is a low bar then I really can’t help you. Sorry.
Being a 6 or 7 seed USUALLY means you’re just an average team.

I believe this roster has under performed in the W/L column since last season. And just yesterday I watched them outplay the NFC champions and lose because of a ton of self inflicted errors. Which has been a theme

Gotta love the gate keeper boomers who think they are better fans cuz they “wEnT tHrOuGh tOuGh tImEs iN tHe 90s”

KC is completely dependent on Kelce at this point and there's a good chance that knee will be trouble all season and Cinnci are frauds. Like you.

Chiefs Toney dropped perfect passes. Reid went for it on 3rd and 25 with all 3 timeouts and 2 minutes on the clock. Cinci has the best WR trio in the NFL. Your explanation is like a Mac Jones pass - weak.

Chiefs Toney dropped perfect passes.
Which is why they're dependent on Kelce. Toney is their number one WR and his best year he caught 39 balls for 420 yards.

Which is why they're dependent on Kelce. Toney is their number one WR and his best year he caught 39 balls for 420 yards.
Toney is now playing with a HOF QB and not the other 5hitty QB named Jones.

Toney is now playing with a HOF QB and not the other 5hitty QB named Jones.
Did him a lot of good on Thurs didn't it? One catch on 5 targets for one yards. Boy howdy, that'll keep the DCs up at night.

I believe this roster has under performed in the W/L column since last season. And just yesterday I watched them outplay the NFC champions and lose because of a ton of self inflicted errors. Which has been a theme
Who cares about last year? It's now this year, a very different team, different coaches. There's no "theme" except for any patterns that emerge this year. So wait a few weeks and then let's hear what themes you think this year's team has.

Gotta love the gate keeper boomers who think they are better fans cuz they “wEnT tHrOuGh tOuGh tImEs iN tHe 90s”
You're a terrible fan to be frank. This team is obviously competitive after yesterday's performance.

You do deserve a few years in the desert, and by that I don't mean .500 seasons but .350 seasons. You'll probably experience that at some point after Belichick retires.

You're a terrible fan to be frank. This team is obviously competitive after yesterday's performance.

You do deserve a few years in the desert, and by that I don't mean .500 seasons but .350 seasons. You'll probably experience that at some point after Belichick retires.
Well. We competed.

Low bar.

So you’re upset about the self-inflicted wounds? That’s the trend you meant by going on for four years? To me, that seems like it’s been a season and one game trend. But I agree with that. But that seems fixable.

So you’re upset about the self-inflicted wounds? That’s the trend you meant by going on for four years? To me, that seems like it’s been a season and one game trend. But I agree with that. But that seems fixable.
It cost them the division in 2021. Saw it all last year. Saw it yesterday.

It cost them the division in 2021. Saw it all last year. Saw it yesterday.
I would contend that injuries cost them the division in 2021 and they just hadn't built up the talent yet. But yes, last year was a self-inflicted nightmare from beginning to end.

Yesterday, I was happy to see them fighting at the end, which I thought was a huge improvement over 2022 but not good enough. I'm hopeful that it's trending upwards, especially as the rookie receivers figure things out better.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back