PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two things can be true:

I try not to judge the team only by the results. The Pats looked better in game one than they did at any point last year. I knew the Pats were facing an extremely tough team and they exceeded my expectations against that team.

Hard to be mad when the team plays better than I expected them to. As OP said they do need to find a way to win these close games though.

I thought Mac was good. I blame Bourne for the pick 6 (if it touches the receivers hands they should catch it).

I bet Parker makes the sideline catches Boutte couldn’t. Onwenu and Strange healthy would have helped the running game a lot. This team is known for easing into the regular season. The offense was good on Sunday but I expect it to get better.
Mac looked just like 2021 Mac. That's both good and bad. The good part is is anything is better than what we got last year at the QB position and if this defense is legit we can win games with a 2021 Mac. The bad is this is his 3rd year and he needs to be better than 2021 by taking the next step and show he can win games with his arm. Or he's probably not the franchise QB we want and the team should consider moving on.

I’m a little puzzled that so many people are walking away from the game with criticisms of Mac. I thought that was easily his best game since his rookie year.

They are predisposed to it. Some are just being overly critical, others want him to fail so they can claim they were “ right all along.” Jones had a shaky 1st quarter, but got it together and played well the rest of the way. He was really responsible for both turnovers, as that was a poor pass to Elliott, but he had them in position to pull off the upset if Boutte can drag one toe.

They are predisposed to it. Some are just being overly critical, others want him to fail so they can claim they were “ right all along.” Jones had a shaky 1st quarter, but got it together and played well the rest of the way. He was really responsible for both turnovers, as that was a poor pass to Elliott, but he had them in position to pull off the upset if Boutte can drag one toe.
Zeke had the ball tucked (or just about). That fumble is on him even though the pass wasn't picture perfect.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Lot of good things, still a team loss. Don't put it on the rookie.

Zeke had the ball tucked (or just about). That fumble is on him even though the pass wasn't picture perfect.

I felt like that was a tough pass to secure. Elliott isn’t blameless, but he didn’t fumble once all last season, and I don’t think he would have fumbled if the pass had been on target

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Lot of good things, still a team loss. Don't put it on the rookie.

I didn’t put the loss on the rookie, there were numerous screw ups that led to the it, I simply said that they would have been in a good position to pull off the upset if he had stayed inbounds, which is a fact.

The Patriots are going nowhere because they can't score these offenses in the NFL sleepwalk into 25 points on a C+ type of day, the Patriots need like the game of the year offensively or a bunch of turnovers to score 25.
We beat ourselves.. the Patriots beat the patriots just like many times last season.. taking nothing away from eagles.. as they are likely the most talented team all around we have see. This season.

We had no Parker, no ownenu or strange.

No jack on defense. The guys who played stepped up! The team Is headed in the right direction.. it's a long season.. I'm more concerned about division wins and wins against other AFC teams That will balance out the scale later in the season.

He was really responsible for both turnovers, as that was a poor pass to Elliott....
That's kind of nonsense. Elliot caught the ball, secured it, turned up field and ran. Then he was stripped. The throw had nothing whatsoever to do with that.

After today's practice

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back