PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots' adjusted cap number

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBruinz said:
Where you went wrong is in the thought that the Patriots are going to try and re-sign any of the big 4 (Neal, Givens, Vinatieri, Ashworth). I honestly think that they are letting them go and focusing on replacements.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would stop misquoting me. I said that the Patriots have until 3/15 to get a deal worked out with Willie.

Also, if you honestly think that all 4 of them will be signed in the next 2 weeks, wow. More power to you. I don't see it happening because of the upheaval of the CBA.

What is the difference between my saying you said we need not do anything with Willie until 3/15 and you saying I misquoted you and then you say "Patriots have until 3/15 to get a deal done with Willie" Nitpicking are we??

I do not believe we will sign all four - I also do not believe all four are gone.

Siddiqi said:
ESPN updated their cap numbers and we are now 4 mil under. I think you crunched numbers correctly Miguel and the cap adjustment is indeed 500,000 not 4.1 mil. Here's the link to the new numbers http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

The reason that the cap numbers in the ESPN table changed for the Pats is that yesterday's league numbers assumed a $92 million base cap and today's numbers are updated to reflect the final $94.5 million base cap. Thus, the Pats moved from $1.5 million under to $4 million under.

BTW, Clayton's numbers from the league almost certainly include all of the bonus adjustments from last year. Clayton gets his numbers directly from the league offices I believe. They are a snapshot (at a particular moment in time) of the official cap room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye