PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"The only one I let down is myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
"The only one I let down is myself," Favre said in responding to Jets players comments.

He let down Jets fans and Jets players. His coach got fired.

But the only person he let down was himself.

I always thought Favre was self-centered. He reinforced that when he said it wasn't his job to Mentor Aaron Rogers, and the way he blasted the Packers for not wanting him back after they spent the offseason focusing on Rogers.

But this to me says it all. "The only one I let down is myself."

Oh, he also let down Pats fans the last game, even though when I heard his opening cheer I knew the game was lost. "Let's go out there and play. We may win or we may lose. We'll see."

Yeah, Brett. Que sera, sera on three. one-two-three...QUE SERA SERA

You let me down you stupid bastard......for some stupid reason I actually thought you were capable of beating Miami.

Last edited:
most overated QB in NFL history with the possible exception of that other stat boy Dan Marino.

Favre has lived off of 1 Super Bowl his whole career. Since 1996, he has been a bigger big game choker than Peyton Manning ever was during that stretch Manning was labeled one.
Big interception after big interception in big games year after year.

So tired of Brett Favre. He shouldnt even be mentioned with the likes of Montana, Unitas, Elway, Brady, Staubach, Bradshaw, Aikman, Starr, and Manning.

put him with the Marinos and Moons and Tarkentons. Fine.

He threw a pick six to a defensive lineman who isn't named Jason Taylor, and then injured himself trying to make a tackle on it. He let down the whole world of manhood.

Over the last 5 Jets games he was 98 for 175, or 56% for 1011 yards, 2 TDs, 9 INTs, and a 55 rating with their only win coming against the Bills who shot themselves in the foot. Go away, Brett.

I just can't see Lord Favre returning to the Jets after the comments he's made, and those by Coles, Jones, and the anonymous player. They will probably be looking for a QB in the first two rounds now.

most overated QB in NFL history with the possible exception of that other stat boy Dan Marino.

Favre has lived off of 1 Super Bowl his whole career. Since 1996, he has been a bigger big game choker than Peyton Manning ever was during that stretch Manning was labeled one.
Big interception after big interception in big games year after year.

That's an insult to Marino. Marino showed up for big games and played well. Had good but not top rank supporting casts and simply just wasn't as good as Brady & Peyton.

Favre is a media creation. Racks up games and #s because of his rugged resiliency but is not anywhere the QB that the greats like Brady et. al. are. Rump swabs like ESPN and Madden's ballwashing have made him a media QB star.

With Lord Favre is always all about "me".

Last edited:
Oh, Gawd, I hope he returns to the Jets. That would mess them up for at least another year. :singing:

In reality he's not even the most overrated QB ever to play for the Jets. Broadway Joe is somehow remembered as a good player, when he was really anything but.

I don't think Favre belongs in the same conversation as guys like Marino or Montana, obviously, nor does he have the talent of a Brady or Manning. That said, there's something to be said for longevity. When Favre is ultimately elected to the HOF, I'll say it's deserved.

That said, there's something to be said for longevity. When Favre is ultimately elected to the HOF, I'll say it's deserved.
I'll go along with that. If your criteria is based solely on durability then yeah, he belongs in the HOF.

But if it is performance, particularly clutch performance, no way.

When Brett Favre goes into the HOF, his bust should be a likeness of Desmond Howard.

Last edited:
as much of a turd that favre turned into down the stretch, given their spending and drafting, their defense failed miserably when teams realized that anyone can throw on them

I see a keen similarity between the Brett Favre saga and Ben Franklin's "For Want of a Nail."

First, here's Ben's famous verse...

For Want of a Nail

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Here's my Brett Favre version...

For want of Favre's ego the NFCCG was lost. (NYG def. favored GB in Lambeau on a Favre INT in OT).
For want of the NFCCG history was lost. (Assuming the Pat's would have beaten GB and finished 19-0. A lock IMHO).
For want of history Favre's retirement was lost. (Favre unretires to preserve his legacy against that awful pick being his last NFL highlight).
For want of Favre's retirement the Chad was lost. (Pennington's release by NYJ for Lord Farvequad solidifies the QB position for Miami enabling their turnaround).
For want of a Chad the game was lost. (Miami 24, NYJ 17, Pennington outplays Favre who throws 3 INT's including a pick six and the killer at the end to assure defeat).
For want of the game the playoffs were lost. (As a result both NYJ and 11-5 NE miss the playoffs. Thanks a lot Brett!).
For want of the playoffs Mangini was lost.
For want of Mangini, Jagodzinski was lost.
And all for want of Favre's ego.

I see a keen similarity between the Brett Favre saga and Ben Franklin's "For Want of a Nail."

First, here's Ben's famous verse...

Here's my Brett Favre version...

A bit of a stretch, but I applaud your effort :eat1:

Farve is the Elizabeth Taylor of the NFL.

Except that whenever she throws a fit, it doesnt get intercepted.

....:rofl:....

Brett is the Number One Drama Queen of the NFL (and I can say this because I've had a DQ moment or 2 myself ;) ); he's surpassed Donovan Mc Nabb BY FAR which, a few years ago, I never thought could happen. DMcN had the most drama of anyone in the league,maybe EVER, but Brett Favre wears the crown now.

I can't decide if I want him to just go away or stay just one more year,hopefully somewhere in our division:D

It seems that the Jets fans have discovered thsat the Jets don't dare cut him. Its too long to go into but see Delicious Jet boards thread for reasons.:D

(He apparently has a torn right biceps tendon as well,discovered in a post season exam)

Supposedly he's had one of those before, and didn't need surgery for it.

For the poster who compared the DQness of Favre and McNabb--both are train wrecks. The question is that McNabb was a slow-motion train wreck on the field in SB39, while Favre is a slow-motion train wreck 24/7. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft