PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Round 1 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to tell 'ya that if Xavier Rhodes is there for the Pats, it would be very difficult to not take him.
Agree. And that's what I think will happen. I believe some WRs are about to come off the board.

They can wait on a wide receiver. They have Jennings, Jarius Wright and a solid TE. Look for them to take Ogletree with their next pick if they don't trade out.

damn forgot about jennings

Mayock just said expect Shariff Floyd to get 7-8 sacks his rookie year.

The guy has a career 5 sacks in college.

well i know who the colts took..but won't say....wonder if pat stay now...

pass rusher here for the colts

Robert Woods or trade down for me.

Excellent response by Floyd with Dion. Good for him.

It will be Woods or Hopkins if one is available at #29. Little bird says so

Floyd's consistency is why he dropped me thinks. Need to be able to go hard all game not time to time.

CB. Why would they go CB when pretty much every WR out there is ripe for the taking?
I think at this point the talent available at CB outweighs WR.

I'll go nuts if we get a wideout at 29. SB bound if we get a deep threat, bank on it.

Could the first WR come off the board here? Eddie Lacy maybe?

Any idea why Floyd is falling?
Two separate NFL scouts say Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is overrated, with one going so far as to call Floyd a media creation.
It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers."
I'd say those scouts were far off in the sense that he was suppose to be a top 5 pick.

and there's freeney's replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand