PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Jets Did It Too! Thread (in pictures) [Update: NFLcoverup.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The OFFICIAL Jets Did It Too! Thread (in pictures)

I dying to get a definitive answer to who these guys were. But why would Mangini get his security to nab Estrella in a game where he was violating the same rule? Did Jets security act on their own initiative? Or did the NFL initiate the confrontation with Estrella. If these two guys were Jets video staff violating the same rule, then this tells me that Mangini had no intention of making an issue of this with the Patriots. Could that explain why he's made zero comments about the situation during the week?

I dying to get a definitive answer to who these guys were. But why would Mangini get his security to nab Estrella in a game where he was violating the same rule? Did Jets security act on their own initiative? Or did the NFL initiate the confrontation with Estrella. If these two guys were Jets video staff violating the same rule, then this tells me that Mangini had no intention of making an issue of this with the Patriots. Could that explain why he's made zero comments about the situation during the week?

Thats one question that bugs me too, and gives me a touch of doubt (despite the visual evidence).

I beleive Mangini sent his security guys over to get the tape, they argued and NFL security got involved and insisted on confiscating the tape. All this happened early in the game.

WHY BB would not then immediatly say, see those guys over there, what do you think they are doing" or that EM wouldn't say, ahhhh, we better pull those guys off right now.

The only thing I can think of for BB, is that he figured "Ain't nothing wrong if we don't use it in game, I'm not stooping to this D-bag's level and sicking security on them.". I beleive BB felt that. He bet a bad hand, but I think he {wrongly} though he had enough wiggle room under the initial wording of the rule.

As for EM, I have no good answer. I'd like to say it's so commonplace between the guys that even with all this hoopla going round, he forgot he had people doing the exact same thing. Unlikely, but it's all I can think of.

Let's not forget, I'm sure neither HC was really that involved with this low-level detail, cept in the later study of the film.

Last edited:

I believe Mangini sent his security guys over to get the tape, they argued and NFL security got involved and insisted on confiscating the tape.

Let's not forget, I'm sure neither HC was really that involved with this low-level detail, cept in the later study of the film.

That makes sense. It could be that the Jets initially wanted to handle all of this in-house, and had no intention of getting NFL security involved. It was only after the big fuss that NFL security got wind of it and stuck their nose into the affair.

In any case, those video guys in the picture are sure exhibiting some strange behavior if they were media or NFL films, particularly in the kinds of shots they were choosing and or choosing to ignore.

I wonder if a boom mike is of any use in picking up audibles and defensive signals? It's not a parabolic, but I wonder how well it picks up sounds from the field?

Last edited:

I wonder if a boom mike is of any use in picking up audibles and defensive signals? It's not a parabolic, but I wonder how well it picks up sounds from the field?

I'd actually say, if those to are up to the no good we think they are? The boom is a prop and part of the ruse (if there even is one).

jetvideoguy2.png

Looks like the guy is wearing the same exact outfit as he did against the Pats.

jetvideoguy2.png

Looks like the guy is wearing the same exact outfit as he did against the Pats.

Not only that, looks like the Boom guy has a pretty easy job too. Stand there with you're thumb up your butt. Isn't he supposed to be doing something when the guys is fliming?

The only thing I can think of for BB, is that he figured "Ain't nothing wrong if we don't use it in game, I'm not stooping to this D-bag's level and sicking security on them.". I beleive BB felt that. He bet a bad hand, but I think he {wrongly} though he had enough wiggle room under the initial wording of the rule.

If Belicheck was aware of the situation, I guarantee he would have notified NFL security and the league that the Jets were also taping. I don't think he would hold back against the Jets as evidenced by the tampering charges they tried to pin on the Jets during the Deion holdout.

The coaches on either sideline are staring directly across the field for three hours. Its hard to imagine that they wouldn't have taken notice of this guy after the news about Estralla broke. I'm sure BB was informed of the ruckus.

It is extremely odd, however, that after 3 days of intesive scrutiny on this forum, we still have no answers as to how this guy, if he is a jets employee, is not in violation of the video taping rules, or if he is a media member, why he is not wearing the requisite vest.

It disappoints me that Reiss poo pooed this issue as probably nothing, but provided no plausible scenario as to why this guy would be legit.

Just read through this thread for the first time.. VERY interesting stuff in here, I would really love to know who this guy is.

bump. I doubt this is anything, but it'll be interesting - and telling - if we DON'T see this guy THIS week v. the Ravens.
That echoes my thoughts considerable. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he is gone.

I've emailed the Dale & Holley, The Big Show, Cold Hard Football Facts and Patriots Football Weekly asking about this issue.

Everyone I'm speaking to about this tells me right off the bat this is Matt Estrella...When I point out to them it can't be the Pats video assistant (for obvious reasons) they clam up and stop talking about it, anyone else run into that? Anyways, here is some new stuff to look at...

These are from the Vikings @ Jets preseason game this year. I have no problem picking out the lone cameraman and his friend when the Jets are on offense, but when the Vikings have the ball I can't seem to find him at all.

I've also been going through pics from games, some are high quality shots of the sidelines but so far nothing of interest.

This is exactly the problem. They just assume it is the Patriots guy and it is brutal to get them to stop and listen. Great shots you posted here. He is again wearing the same black shirt with a white logo that Mangini is.

Keep up the pressure until we get an answer. I think we deserve at least that and the extended silence is unexpected.

This is exactly the problem. They just assume it is the Patriots guy and it is brutal to get them to stop and listen. Great shots you posted here. He is again wearing the same black shirt with a white logo that Mangini is.

Keep up the pressure until we get an answer. I think we deserve at least that and the extended silence is unexpected.

Or they want this to just end................. They really do not want this to go on and on, because it makes the NFL look bad.

Tough crap, I think we all should continue to push until we get an answer.

Hello all,

keep up the pressure and keep posting here. This site is just meant as a single point where someone can see a quick request for identification since we have questions if the media is willing to take the time to go through the forum and digest this instead of just saying, oh they must be talking about the Patriots video guy.

Give me suggestions or new photos

Last edited:

Hello all,

I created this

http://www.nflcoverup.com

keep up the pressure and keep posting here. This site is just meant as a single point where someone can see a quick request for identification since we have questions if the media is willing to take the time to go through the forum and digest this instead of just saying, oh they must be talking about the Patriots video guy.

Give me suggestions or new photos

Here is one you can add to your site. This guy is on the Jets sideline. His camera doesn't appear to be the larger type that news orgs use for broadcast quality video...

Ursa

Attachments

• 888.JPG
    888.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:

Hello all,

I created this

http://www.nflcoverup.com

That is great. I am just amazed that we seem to be the only ones interested in this.
Could it be that the media around here hate BB so much they don't want to address the fact the he got screwed? Or maybe it's just that so many of them are gutless pansies who refuse to go out on even the slightest of limbs out of fear of maybe being wrong.
Either way - the silence is deafening.

Here's something else you can do:

Start a blog on MyFoxBoston.com. Keep posting about it in the sports section. Get the word out.

Here is one you can add to your site. This guy is on the Jets sideline. His camera doesn't appear to be the larger type that news orgs use for broadcast quality video...

Ursa

Holy Snizzle...Who the eff is THAT guy? He looks less offical then the other guy.

I'd so a more backed out shot, clearly showing him on the JETS side of the field. For sure the Pats are on D right there. Plus, he's clearly a stand alone guy. He has NO headset (like the sounds guys nearby), plus he clearly has differnt credential then they do. Anyone know what media / network credentials look like? White shirt, green logo (??) on the sleeve and a green lanyard around his neck.

No vests either. Given the differnt credentials, I'd say a couple are legit, but certainly not part of the same (group).

Could that be Estrella, thought he was wearing Blue?

Last edited:

Holy Snizzle...Who the eff is THAT guy? He looks less offical then the other guy.

I'd so a more backed out shot, clearly showing him on the JETS side of the field. For sure the Pats are on D right there. Plus, he's clearly a stand alone guy. He has NO headset (like the sounds guys nearby), plus he clearly has differnt credential then they do. Anyone know what media / network credentials look like? White shirt, green logo (??) on the sleeve and a green lanyard around his neck.

No vests either. Given the differnt credentials, I'd say a couple are legit, but certainly not part of the same (group).

Could that be Estrella, thought he was wearing Blue?

Here is the backed out shot. The guy is on the far right and the Jets are on the far left. What I noticed is that many of the Jets assistants near the players are wearing white shirts and beige pants, just like this guy.

Attachments

• wide shot.jpg
    wide shot.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 279
I bet you could go thru every game last weekend and find cameramen on every team. I don't think it's about the rules anymore. They caught the Pats and kicked them while they were down. The rest they dont want to know about. There like Sargent Schultz.. "I know nothing..Nothing!"

Here is the backed out shot. The guy is on the far right and the Jets are on the far left. What I noticed is that many of the Jets assistants near the players are wearing white shirts and beige pants, just like this guy.

Totally agreed

Excellent work........... cept I gotta give you more homework (sorry, you a re a wiz at this). Look for a close up of known JETS coach, employee, ect... and see if any show thier credentials..... Your first shot show this guys credentials WELL (certainly the pattern and coloring).

If you can match them, you closed the door on this one for sure, SLAM DUNK

I bet you could go thru every game last weekend and find cameramen on every team. I don't think it's about the rules anymore. They caught the Pats and kicked them while they were down. The rest they dont want to know about. There like Sargent Schultz.. "I know nothing..Nothing!"

Oh well, then at least we will so them that Mangina (specifically) is a rat, and a total hypocrite. That's good enough for me. Plus, I doubt if there really was something to this, they could really ignore it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye