PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Jets Did It Too! Thread (in pictures) [Update: NFLcoverup.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The OFFICIAL Jets Did It Too! Thread (in pictures)

What we as Patriots fans need to know is who this guy is:

MysteryJetvideoguy.jpg

This guy appears on Jets sideline throughout last weeks game shooting with a video camera. He is not wearing a black vest nor an NBC vest as required by the league.

HTML:
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7743/jetspats146vu5eu0.jpg

jetspats146vu5eu0.jpg

In fact, from the pictures below it appears that he may even be wearing the same Jets polo as head coach Eric Mangini. The attached pictures show this...

jetmag1.jpg

jetmag.jpg

So all we want to know is... WHO IS THIS GUY? Is it Jets assistant Video director Tim Tubito? Why isn't he in a league-mandated black vest required of all videographers? Why is wearing what looks like the same shirt of head coach Eric Mangini? Because if he's a Jets employee with a video camera on the sideline of a game... that could mean the Jets were doing the same exact thing the Patriots were.

Last edited:

The problem with this line of inquiry is that the Jets camerman's tape was not confiscated.
So we won't have any damning evidence even if we can prove that it was a Jets employee that was doing the taping. His activities are definitely suspicious, but where's our smoking gun?
It's worth digging into but somebody has to find more than this to make it stick.

Last edited:

The problem with this line of inquiry is that the Jets camerman's tape was not confiscated.
So we won't have any damning evidence even if we can prove that it was a Jets employee that was doing the taping. His activities are definitely suspicious, but where's our smoking gun?
It's worth digging into but somebody has to find more than this to make it stick.
According to the rules, the events being taped are irrelevant. It doesn't say "you can't tape opposing coaches"... it says "no camera or video on the field"...

According to the rules, the events being taped are irrelevant. It doesn't say "you can't tape opposing coaches"... it says "no camera or video on the field"...

Could you or someone else post an exact quote of the relevant NFL rule? That would certainly help pinpoint what we need to look for.

Also imo, the Commissioner is much more likely to ignore a complaint from a group of interested fans than a complaint from the injured team itself.
Thus if this investigation gets completed with full and damning proof I suggest it be forwarded to the Patriots decisionmakers.
It will likely be up to them whether they want to pursue filing an official complaint to the commissioner or not.
I'm guessing one reason they might not want to is because it might look like a case of sour grapes.
But who knows they might want to pursue it, especially if they believe that the Jets will be free to pursue this activity thoughout the season and gain an unfair competitive edge.

Last edited:

Greetings,

I just dropped this off the below letter, email copy and photos at channel 5. I hope they answer and explain this to me. I will pass on anything I hear.

Greetings,

The cameraman in the attached photos has been identified by a staff member at Channel 5 as a Jets employee in the attached email. This Jets employee was video taping from the sidelines of the game last Sunday. This is the very violation the Patriots were correctly punished for. This cameraman can be seen on the replay of the game, shooting the Patriots sideline while the Patriots defense was out. He shot other things or walked around while the Patriots offense was out.

If he is in fact a Jets employee the Jets have broken the same rule the Patriots did and this is incontrovertible proof. Stealing signals is not prohibited but teams taping from the sideline is. This is the offense the Patriots technically committed.

Please pursue this story.

Thank you,

Bmp Bmp Bmp Bmp

I am beginning to wonder if the press won’t cover it out of fear of the NFL. This is not a big deal if he is media, just say so and end it. The only guy who stated he was a Jets employee did not understand the ramifications of that being true.

The integrity of the entire NFL is in question if this is not being reported and he is a Jets employee as I was told.

bumping.... keep pushing til the question gets answered

I just got a response on one of my emails that I sent out from someone in the "real" media. They are into this. Keep getting the word out there patsfans! We will be heard.

I just got a response on one of my emails that I sent out from someone in the "real" media. They are into this. Keep getting the word out there patsfans! We will be heard.

Excellent! Good work for those that are pushing this.

I personally want answers on who the guy is as it is apparent that he is NOT taping the game as the angle of his camera while Pats are on D isn't even near the action it is directly across the field AWAY from the action.

If he is truely a Jets employee I want the NFL to make the Jets give a full explination of what he was doing?

This will NOT make the Pats any less guilty of violating the rule they broke, but I think it will go a long way to proving to the ******s out there that the Pats were not the only ones doing it....though I think it is common sense considering just about every coach besides Dungy and Fisher have said it either isn't a big deal or flat out that everyone does it (if they are retired...funny how that works doesn't it?)

Of course no one is listening to the people in the "know" who say everyone does it, they just get shouted down by the pitchfork mob.

I would love to see a reporter earn their pay and review a few tapes from previous game sof other teams and see if they can't find someone doing the same thing...my guess is it would not be hard to find though I think the NFL will try and squash it. I think they WANT the Pats to look like the only team so they are not so embarrassed.

The last "positive" point of this is that if proven this is a actual Jets employee and a reporter really goes with this and it catches air time then Mangina really will take it in the shorts because he will not only prove he is a rat but inccur the wrath of the NFL IMO (maybe not any punishment but he will certainly find he has NO FRIENDS ANYWHERE)

As a Pats fan who thinks we broke a rule and has no problem with them being punished but thinks the "cheating" talk is ******ed and it positive most if not all teams did the same thing..Thanks for taking the bull by the horns and following through.

Last edited:

When I think about you I bump myself.

Can anyone get a screen grab of the guy operating the boom mike next to our mystery videographer? I think there's a chance he could be Ryan Mahanes, Jet Employee in the Video Department. If it is Mahanes there's an even better chance that the guy shooting the film is Tim Tubito, another Jet Employee in the Video Department.

Here's his myspace page. Be careful. He likes really bad music.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=84686041

Last edited:

Can anyone get a screen grab of the guy operating the boom mike next to our mystery videographer? I think there's a chance he could be Ryan Mahanes, Jet Employee in the Video Department. If it is Mahanes there's an even better chance that the guy shooting the film is Tim Tubito, another Jet Employee in the Video Department.

Here's his myspace page. Be careful. He likes really bad music.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=84686041

Actually, scratch that. Upon further review I highly doubt either one of them are Mahanes or Tubito.

Actually, scratch that. Upon further review I highly doubt either one of them are Mahanes or Tubito.

Why, change of heart?

Two more things I noticed before I sign off for the night fellow conspiracy theorists:

1: There are screen grabs of him shooting the Patriots offense as well. However what I did find strange is that he was about ten feet deep on the sideline not shooting the Pats on offense early on in the game when Moss made his catch on the Jets sideline and went out of bounds. YET late in the third quarter, with the game pretty much out of reach, he's shooting our defense FULL ON. I don't understand that if someone argues he's a regular media member. Wouldn't early on in the game with Patriots offense driving be a good time to be getting some highlights? And not when they're down by three touchdowns?

2. In all of the wide range screen grabs that I've seen I cannot spot a single other guy with a video camera. Everyone on the sideline is officially dressed and clearly visible. Yes this knucklehead in a Jets shirt is walking around and shooting the field. I DON'T GET IT!

Another day goes by and still no one knows who he is. The real media has caught wind of it. Let's hope it doesn't get lost after we pound the Chargers.

Why, change of heart?

I compared long and hard. First off the camerman seems older, Tubito and Mahanes are a couple of kids. I thought Mahanes might be the boom op because they both seem to be tall and skinny. But I just don't think it's him. Mahanes also seems to always have a mop of hair on top of his head. Boom kid has a shaved head. So who knows. But I don't think it's them.

(This is the part where I ask myself am I getting too into this? If I didn't know people were starting to hear us I'd already be in bed.) Oh well. Go Pats!

Everyone I'm speaking to about this tells me right off the bat this is Matt Estrella...When I point out to them it can't be the Pats video assistant (for obvious reasons) they clam up and stop talking about it, anyone else run into that? Anyways, here is some new stuff to look at...

vlcsnap-13802367.png

vlcsnap-13782142.png

vlcsnap-13775175.png

vlcsnap-13770528.png

These are from the Vikings @ Jets preseason game this year. I have no problem picking out the lone cameraman and his friend when the Jets are on offense, but when the Vikings have the ball I can't seem to find him at all.

I've also been going through pics from games, some are high quality shots of the sidelines but so far nothing of interest.

Last edited:

bump. I doubt this is anything, but it'll be interesting - and telling - if we DON'T see this guy THIS week v. the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes