PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official CALM THE HELL DOWN thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DID you just not watch the game THE O sucked the D could not get big stops and we should have lost last week.

The Pats' D gave up 16 points. The offense only scored 9, but Brady twice missed wide open receivers for TD. Once was to Galloway on a long pass, where he badly underthrew him, and the other was to a wide open Edelman.

If Brady is even a little sharp, the Pats put up at least 23 points and win this game easily.

This team will look much better once Brady shakes all the rust off. Might take until game 4-5 or so, but he'll get there.

BTW, hard to believe NY didn't have a single sack. Seemed like they were there on every play.

Did you guys watch the same game as the rest of the world? Our defense was awful. Guyton is almost slower the Bruschi.

The defense, which I'm not claiming is all over the field making a bunch of stops - so I understand your emotion there - was not "awful." That's ridiculous. They gave up 16 points. I'll take that EVERY week.

Guyton being "almost slower than Bruschi" is a ban-able turn-of-phrase. Just truly out of the realm of rational thought.

I agree about the defense but the Offense is not going to cut it. they are bad all teh way around, with maybe an exception for the runnign game. The o-line sucks they give brady no time. Brady is completely out of sync. Throwing too hard and missing recievers left and right. The recievers cant catch the balls (partly cause of brady). The play calling is atrocious.

I take the point of view that my father instilled in me.

How much money do I make if the Patriots win? None.

How much money do I lose if the Patriots lose? None.

Does it change me as a person if the Patriots win? No.

Does it change me as a person if the Patriots lose? No.

[Heck, I could make the argument that not listening to sports radio this week will make me more productive. :) ]

As I said elsewhere, the difference in this game between a loss and a 30 point win was that right now, Tom Brady is terrible. Pressure on the QB really didn't have that large an impact on this game. There was a lot of pressure at times. other times, there was almost no pressure. The thing to notice is that in both cases Tom was way off. When there was pressure, he didn't step into his throws in cases where, in years past, he would have hung in the pocket, gotten the ball off, and taken the hit. Right now, he's throwing the ball a half a second early, off his back foot or backing up. When there wasn't pressure, he overthrew almost everyone, as if he was "afraid" of pressure developing. Even many of the catches were just very good catches on poor throws.

There are things that need improvement besides Tom, but replace him with the 2007 Brady, and the team isn't that far off from where it was that year. He needs to get it together, which he should with time.

Brady won the last game, gave away this one.

Whoever is making the calls on offense is messing things up :mad:

That is what we said about the Miami loss last year.. Division games are crucial, we beat ourselves today... And it could come back to bite us in the end.. But it may not mean much in the end, because the defense is not a championship defense ... And the O is missing something right now..

TOM BRADY WAS OUT LAST YEAR. Did you hear? We still won 11 games and only missed the post-season due to a fluke.

Could today, a division loss, come back to bite us? Of COURSE it could, I don't think anyone's arguing that. But the hyperventilation on this site is ludicrous. It's game two and the absolute WORST part of our team, the defense, doesn't look as bad as some of us thought it would.

Let me ask the assembled chicken littles - do you guys think the offense will continue to sputter like this? Really? How many points do you think they'll average? 17? How?

OR do you think the team is making the adjustment of a rusty Brady, an MIA Welker and a transition in playcalling? An adjustment that, odds are, will eventually give way to what has been a HISTORICALLY excellent, productive offense?

As I said elsewhere, the difference in this game between a loss and a 30 point win was that right now, Tom Brady is terrible. Pressure on the QB really didn't have that large an impact on this game. There was a lot of pressure at times. other times, there was almost no pressure. The thing to notice is that in both cases Tom was way off.

Am I the only one who didn't see it this way? I think this ties in with the idea that, because the OL didn't give up any sacks, they did a good job. Just because #12 is exceptional when it comes to moving in the pocket, doesn't mean he had all day to throw.

To be clear, he didn't have a good game. He still has some rust. But this was also a TERRIFIC job by the jets defense. They were ferocious, active and tough to deal with.

People need to relax.

This was Brady's second game in a year and a half and he was without his safety valve. Chillax y'all, they'll be fine.

This was Brady's second game in a year and a half and he was without his safety valve. Chillax y'all, they'll be fine.

Amen Patjew. I'll take a week 2 loss now if it will help them win later in the year. Although to see Rex Ryan so smug really irritates me :explative

Last edited:
Thank you. Its bad enough we have the Jet trolls crawling out of their holes, but we have to put up with the nervous nellies and bandwagon jumpers jumping off.

Happy to see them go, then maybe the site won't crash for 15 mins a game. You can argue the O or D lost the game (3rd and 13!!!!), but I think Brady's play was a big chunk of the problem. He's not all the way back yet. I expect Tom Terrific to arrive by week 4 or 5, by which time Welker will be back and maybe Mayo too.

Agreed.

The defense played a pretty solid game. It was the O-Line that cost us the game today.

It's a Long season guys. No need for concern just yet.

The O-line has been questionable for a while. Outside of Mankins it is not that impressive. How Light made the Pro-Bowl ..... :confused2: Gotta draft a good offensive lineman each year -- at least every other year -- if you want to stay strong.

Pathetic performance today. Very disappointing. Brady's gonna get killed, and Moss will go into the tank.

//

TOM BRADY WAS OUT LAST YEAR. Did you hear? We still won 11 games and only missed the post-season due to a fluke.

Could today, a division loss, come back to bite us? Of COURSE it could, I don't think anyone's arguing that. But the hyperventilation on this site is ludicrous. It's game two and the absolute WORST part of our team, the defense, doesn't look as bad as some of us thought it would.

Let me ask the assembled chicken littles - do you guys think the offense will continue to sputter like this? Really? How many points do you think they'll average? 17? How?

OR do you think the team is making the adjustment of a rusty Brady, an MIA Welker and a transition in playcalling? An adjustment that, odds are, will eventually give way to what has been a HISTORICALLY excellent, productive offense?

I did hear that almighty one... That is why every division game is crucial , you need to win the division games.. And this was the first time in the Belichick era we were out coached with tom brady at the controls.. 4 Delay of game penalty's??? We will bounce back, but I think we need to temper the expectations.. We beat ourselves today, not the jets beat us... Your not going to win , too many games with 50 pass att.. We need to start having some balence... And the D has not been the same since 04... Sorry that is a fact... Our Offense hid our defense liablilites in 07..

Am I the only one who didn't see it this way? I think this ties in with the idea that, because the OL didn't give up any sacks, they did a good job. Just because #12 is exceptional when it comes to moving in the pocket, doesn't mean he had all day to throw.

To be clear, he didn't have a good game. He still has some rust. But this was also a TERRIFIC job by the jets defense. They were ferocious, active and tough to deal with.

People need to relax.

I don't dispute that the Jets got pressure at times. What I dispute is that it was sufficient pressure to stifle the offense. As I said, Brady threw poorly both when he was pressured and when he was not. He also did not stand in in the face of the rush as he has been one of the best at in the past.

For example, one play comes to mind from today's game where the Jets rushed at least 6 men overloading the left side. On that play, the blockers picked it up perfectly and Brady had a considerable amount of time to throw. He still (if memory serves) misthrew and missed his receiver.

About it being Bradys second game of the year, its true but step backward is not comforting.

The Pats' D gave up 16 points. The offense only scored 9, but Brady twice missed wide open receivers for TD. Once was to Galloway on a long pass, where he badly underthrew him, and the other was to a wide open Edelman.

If Brady is even a little sharp, the Pats put up at least 23 points and win this game easily.

This team will look much better once Brady shakes all the rust off. Might take until game 4-5 or so, but he'll get there.

BTW, hard to believe NY didn't have a single sack. Seemed like they were there on every play.

Agree 100%. Not being up by 10 half time starts and stops with Brady. He was bad today

You are sugar coating this situation. Without the grace of God and Leotis McKelvin, the Patriots would be 0-2 and at the bottom of AFC East. They
may have their worst team since 2000. The reason is understandable.
They have lost too many good coaches and players from their championship
teams: Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels, Harrison, Wilson, Law, Samuels,
Vrabel, T.Johnson, Bruschi, McGinest, Phifer, Colvin, Seymour, A. Smith.
Dillon, Andruzzi, Woody, D. Graham, T. Brown, Branch, Givens, and Vinatieri.
Their replacements do not share their legacy of winning three Superbowls.

Last edited:
this defense has not played with a decent lead in both games. We convert even once in the redzone it couldve been different. our defense isnt our strength right now and the offense has to carry it. even bruschi said that the offfense scoroing 25+ pts will keep the defense in the games early on in the season until they gel together.
only the opposite has happened.

Stupid calm down threads after every loss. I can't help but think they're written as a self-help type of thing. Writing a calm down thread = 1 Valium perhaps. Why do people assume other fans need to calm down?

The Pats are by NO MEANS done. Brady is still rusty and MAYO,Welker out dont help. Great win for the JETS, but its a long season. I fully expect the patriots to be right there when the dust settles. Until Brady and Belichick are gone, the pats still have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST